IDW Comics discussion.

DanielEricIverson

I have read volumes 1--4 of the main series.. which is issues 1--16... consisting of two four-part stories and four two-part stories.

I especially like the micro-series... especially the one with Rarity and the hippie ponies!

But I won't reveal any more plot details there... let's cover up our spoilers if we end up talking more abot the comics on this thread, or more specific threads about specific comic issues or story arcs.

I liked the Nightmare Rarity arc for the way it, albeit unintentionally made up for the lack of a single Rarity episode in Season Three. Even if Rarity was a damsel-in-distress, her arc involved her learning a valuable friendship lesson about not fearing rejection from her friends, like Pinkie Pie in Party of One.

My second favorite is Return of Chrysalis. But really, as I said in a previous blog, I had no trouble with its final battle between Twilight and Queen Chrysalis, even though it would eventually share many of the same circumstances as the Twilight/Tirek fight from the S4 finale, including:

1. Twilight's friends held hostage and pushed by the wayside to make way for Twilight's powerful magic.
  2. An external magic power source, but in the form of a comet rather than other ponies' magic.
  3. A glorified magic fight between Twilight and the villain, in this case Queen Chrysalis.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived