The last of Delta

Sky would wake up, his head felt groggy and his whole body felt heavy. As he turned his head all sky could see were corpses, left and right. All of them were wearing standard military uniforms, though when sky saw his own arm he would see he was in no normal suit. That was when sky remembered that he had a Nano suit on, which was probably the reason he was still alive. As he looked to his right sky would see one more like him. Sky would try and move though his body was still useless. Sky would hear talking nearby. Dammit, i have no weapons, i feel like a bus has run me over...

Darkness. It was all dark. For a moment Eclipse thought he'd gone blind. And then he remembered to open his eyes.

It was strange. Normally, he would remember to do this kind of thing. Perhaps it was just because he had something else more important on his mind. But what was it again?

Oh, right. Dead bodies everywhere, and completely disarmed except for his suit. Happened sometimes.

Eclipse tried to move his body, but for some reason it refused to budge. He resigned himself to lying there until he was able to move. In the meantime, however, there was some talking nearby to be heard. He listened in.

Sky would see a squad of ten soldiers, he could not tell if they were friend or foe, though as they passed they would shoot the corpses. To sky, that meant foe. Sky would feel his suit reactivating, though it was only starting. Sky would silently swear as he begged for his suit to charge up faster, that was when he had a idea. His suit had enough power to activate it, though he was not going to be able to move. Sky would grin as the soldiers reached him.

The soldiers would look at sky and smile"Oh look, a super soldier, lets make sure he is dead" One would say before shooting a shotgun into skys chest, though in truth it did little more then bounce off.

Sky had activated the armor mode, the bullets did nothing.

Eclipse managed to turn his eyes slightly and watch the soldiers shoot what seemed to be someone else in a nanosuit like his own. So far they seemed distracted with the other person; all the better for himself, he needed time for his armour to charge fully. It would be good if he could find weapons, too. He began looking around for any kind of firearm he could get his hands on, while silently praying that the soldiers wouldn't notice him. Not until he was ready, at least. Then he would rush in guns blazing, and they could notice him however much they wanted before they got a bullet between the eyes. Or somewhere else equally vital.

Sky smiled as his suit regained enough power for him to be able to move again. Sky would turn his head, hoping for any type of firearm though they were all gone. Taken by these guys more then likely. Sky would see the soldiers nearing the other guy in the nano suit. Sky would grin as he deactivated his armor and turned on his cloak. Sky would become invisible as he snuck up behind the soldiers, ready to strike the moment they fired on the guy.

Eclipse watched as the soldiers decided they were done with the other guy in the nanosuit and start coming over to him. Dang it. There weren't any weapons around that he could see either, so it looked like he'd have to resort to his bare fists and innate armour of his suit.

Then he noticed his ally sneaking over to the soldiers and disappear under the transparent shroud of a cloak. He smiled. So that was the plan. Straightening himself out, he discovered to his pleasure that he could now move. He activated his armour ability and stood up straight, motionlessly and bravely facing the incoming enemy soldiers without a word. If he was lucky, he'd be able to distract them until it was too late. For them, that is.

The soldiers would laugh as they raised their rifles and fired at the guy

Sky wound grin as he grabbed the neck of the closest soldier, snapping it. Sky would disengage cloak mode as he pulled the side arm from the holster and raised the body. Sky would feel the body take four shots before he threw it at a soldier, sending him flying into a wall killing him. Sky would quickly raise the Nova 12 and fired off three shots, one into each of the soldiers chest. Sky would grin as he let his friend have the rest.

Eclipse leapt into action as the shots simply impacted harmlessly against his nanosuit. He punched the leading soldier in the face so hard that his neck snapped as he went flying back into another soldier. He grabbed the next nearest soldier by the throat and crushed it, pulling out the weapons from his belt and systematically firing at all the rest, burning holes through their chests. Shortly after, all five of them collapsed to the ground, dead, and Eclipse stood passively over them. "Done."

Eclipse rolled his eyes. "If it's all the same to you, I'd rather not kill any more people than I have to. Not that I won't if I have to, but I can't say that I like to." He looked down at the weapons in his hands; two pistols. He began scavenging the other dead soldiers for more equipment. "So, now what?"

"Survive, eh?" Eclipse straightened his posture and moved over to the two piles of weaponry that Sky had indicated. "Sounds like as good a plan as we're going to get, right now." He began picking weapons out of the piles. "Do you remember where we are right now? It's slipped my mind."

Inside the pile sky was searching he would find all his preferred gear. Sky would grin as he first grabbed his two hammer II pistols. He would slide them into the holsters on his legs. After that he would grab all four combat knives, strapping one on each leg and two on his chest. After that sky would pick up his bow, attaching it to his back. Sky would sigh as he then saw his old scarab mod 2. He would pick it up and put it on his back.

"No idea where we are. Something is interfering with my map system, we will need to find somewhere without this to find out"

Eclipse approached the pile and began selectively extracting the weapons he'd become the most accustomed to after dozens of missions with them. He found two of his favourite pistols, the Majestic-SIX, and a Grendel, which he collected and kept on him. There were also six grenades, which he hadn't the time to inspect properly but simply took all six. Finally, he chose an Incinerator, which he recalled to be quite deadly in close combat.

With his assortment of weapons, he turned back to Sky. "Then I guess we walk in a random direction until we leave the field of interference. Any preferences as to where we go?"

Eclipse shrugged. "Okay then." Selecting a direction at random, he proceeded to tread carefully along his chosen path while keeping careful watch around him. No telling when an enemy might jump out of nowhere and ambush him, if he wasn't careful. He kept his weapons at the ready just in case.

Eclipse just kept moving forward in his chosen direction, not stopping or moving to hide until he caught sight of an enemy or until the full array of his nanosuit's abilities became available to him again. Whatever this jamming field was, it was probably up for a reason, and he didn't intend to find out what that reason was by being on the receiving end of it.

"The cause... I have absolutely no idea what it could be." Eclipse surveyed the entire scene around them, trying to find anything that could conceivably be the source of the jamming. If they could find it, they could probably pour enough bullets into it to destroy it and regain their radar senses. All that they had to do was find it, which may prove more difficult than he'd originally envisioned.

Eclipse shrugged. "I suppose. It would be best to get to it before we're ambushed again, the odds of which increase with every passing moment." He gave the surroundings a quick once-over and identified the nearest acceptably tall building that would give them a mostly unobstructed view of the terrain. "That one looks tall enough. Let's get to the top." Moving carefully over to his destination, Eclipse kept his weapons at the ready in case of an attack. Hopefully it wouldn't happen, but the nanosuit was at least pretty good insurance.

TIME SKIP

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky would smile as they reached the top. The sunlight, even though he had a suit on, felt nice. Sky would stretch before hearing a explossion.Sky would look

down to see a firefight going on. Sky would then sigh, but then he would become alert. Even from up here he could tell that they were no human weapons, no, they were the Ceph.

"Oh...we are so dead...The ceph are here...wait...GUNSHIP, JUMP" Sky would say as he jumped straight off the tower, and the moment he jumped machine gun fire would tear the building where he had been standing to shreads.

"Huh? What?" Eclipse looked down as well, just in time to see all that was going down below. "Great, just great." And things were going so well too. All he'd wanted to do was to put his suit radar back into commission, and maybe relax a little. He was beginning to question why he'd even regarded that as a possibility to begin with.

Sky's shout snapped him back into the real world, and Eclipse followed him off the building just as the building exploded into shreds.

Sky would feel the wind rushing underneath him as he fell. Sky did not know if his friend had followed him or not, his only objective not was to survive. As he was going down sky would sigh, knowing he had to wait until the right moment. As sky neared the ground he would activate his armor as he flipped and landed clean on his feet.

As he landed his suits power was taken out, though he landed without a scratch. The same could not be said for the concrete below. As sky landed he slammed his hand onto he ground as he hit the ground hard, cracking the ground around his landing zone.

Archived