And now we see through a Glass Darkly (See OOC)

Blueblood

Naj looked up briefly as Flux poked her head into the hotel room, smiling briefly at the other changeling before turning back to her reading, though she still kept her ears open.  Flux briefly described her own dream from the previous night, one of accidentally burning down a library.  Naj flipped through the book in her hooves again.  “Conflict and war maybe, though it's a stretch...” she muttered to herself, before smiling at Flux again and addressing the question properly.  “I slept pretty well.  Nothing as exciting as yours, which might be for the best.  I was walking through some kind of swamp or forest, and that's about it.  It reminded me of another dream somewhat, but there wasn't really much there.”

"Slept well?  Unless any of you want breakfast we can move on right away."

Naj's attention was instantly drawn to the doorway, to find Swift Squall wearing some sort of ridiculous looking trenchcoat.  She was certain it was made for some sort of purpose, but that was not subtlety.  Naj hoped Swift wasn't hoping to catch anypony by surprise, let alone Mr. Glass, with a getup like that.  Still, as he was effectively the ranking pony of the group she stifled her criticism and instead settled for a brief, disapproving glare.

"Pretty well," she responded at first, then after a moment she shrugged.  “Eh, I don't think breakfast here would do me much good.  Let's get to the library.”  Closing the book and setting it aside for the moment, she stood up.  There was a brief flash of green, and she was replaced by a more familiar grey earth pony.

'Sure Strike' looked back at the closet where she'd stashed the fake armour.  “I think I'll skip the pretext for today.  I doubt anypony would think we're a regular group of guards, and I'd rather not be burdened by having to drag it around.”  She also didn't think anypony would even notice her, between Squall's appearance and their recent addition of Miss Foxglove.  As she started walking toward the door, she added, “Oh, and I'm going by 'Sure Strike' for the moment.”  She couldn't believe she'd neglected to say that yesterday, that could have ended badly.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived