Opposites Attract (ATTN: Gerrard, others PM for Invite)

Lux

Aquaria was just happy to be with her new friend of the day. Anything that happened today was surely going to be fun, no matter where thus lead was going to take them! At the clarification of Celestia's name, the hybrid gasped excitedly, her tail wagging wildly. "That makes a lot more sense! She doesn't have nasty food as a cutie mark. One day, I will earn my mark when I finally rescue the ocean from the burning hot sun," she excitedly declared, clearly having no idea how anything worked, although that might have been on purpose to have more fun!

At the thought of bringing joy into the life of a youngster, Aquaria squirmed with joy. She just wanted to bathe in the genuine delight she was going to give to a total stranger. Before she could hear the rest of the story, Aquaria burst out of the building, leaving Raven alone with the odd pony. After being asked if Star was still alive, the odd pony chuckled and patted the curious hybrid with a hoof. "Ya, she just started acting in a Daring Do play! She was playing as an octopus! Very weird. She is definitely an older actress and if she had kids, they might be around your age. Just keep an eye out. I hear that the crimson eyed actress wears all kinds of tricky disguises! She even paints herself and impersonates others, very dedicated," she warned before pointing out the door at Aquaria as the lifeguard prepared to deliver the priceless artifact!

"Better keep up with her she has a tendency to get lost," she giggled, apparently knowing the lifeguard even though the diver didn't think to come here on her own. It did seem to beg a question though, what was going on in the head of the duck tigress!

"Uh which way was it to Canterlot again? It is away from the water, that eliminates half the options. Can you remove the other half of the options," she cheered excitedly, proud of her clever deduction. She could see the look on the white unicorns face! Aquaria looked at the doll one last time, taking in her appearance. The pony had a long blonde mane, red eyes and a coat of white snow! "We are gonna find you Elegant, right Raven," she remarked, ready to get flying.

Despite her loony nature, it was a welcomed change hanging out with Aquaria. She brought fun to the events and even saw her as a friend. Still there were some strange comments out of the duck tiger hybrid like how she wanted to get a cutie mark for saving the ocean. Maybe this was another of Aquaria's not remembering that she was a griffon rather than a pony. 

"I don't think that's how..." Raven started but before she could finish Aquaria excitedly dashed out of the store! She now was left with the owner who explained that although the actress was old she was still alive and possibly had ponies the same age as Raven or Aquaria. There was the trouble of finding her as she tended to disguise herself, but Raven wasn't daunted by finding Elegant. Before Raven left though the owner explained to keep an eye on the duck tiger as she got lost. 

​"Thanks for the information," Raven said, "I'm getting the feeling that she does a lot of things we can't understand." 

Sue enough Raven found Aquaria not sure where to go next. 

"I passed by Canterlot on my way here from Cloudadale. We just need to go North of here and look for a city built on a mountain side. Shouldn't be that hard to spot."

"We are gonna find you Elegant, right Raven," 

"Definitely," Raven said as she spread her black wings with dark blue tips, "Let's get going." 

• 3 weeks later...

And while it was mostly Aquaria forgetting that griffons didn't get cutiemarks, that didn't stop her imagination from theorizing how to get one! Just because no griffons had ever received one before, didn't mean it was impossible! Impossible was boring, improbably was fun because it could be anything. Regardless, she would need to rescue the ocean from drowning a lot of times to test her theory. Aquaria was glad to hear that the other griffon knew how to eliminate the other fifty percent of incorrect directions. At the mention of Cloudsdale though, Aquaria giggled and shook her head, still finding it hard to believe that there was an actual city floating on the clouds. "Okay, just keep an eye out for Cloudsdales, those flying cities can sneak up on you," she joked playfully, unable to control her enthusiasm. In her head, she could only imagine a bunch of pegasus hooked together and flying at all hours of the day to keep the massive city flying.

As the two darted onward to the most famous city in Equestria, the overeager lifeguard glanced back to her dark feathered friend. "Have you been to Canterlot before? I hear both of the princesses live there. Celery and Luna are big pretty ponies from what I have heard. I heard that the whole universe is in Luna's mane. If I poked her mane, would I destroy Equestria?" she asked excitedly before gasping and covering her maw in fear at the idea of destroying the world. She hoped these were rumors, the thought of the world being so fragile was actually a bit terrifying to her. Well, it would have been terrifying if her attention could focus on it for more than a few moments before the next thing stole her attention.

After a short trip through the sky with her new griffon friend, Canterlot was slowly coming into view, the mountain city showing itself to her rose colored eyes. This was probably her second time seeing the city, the lifeguard never actually seeing anyone particularly famous before. Whomever this Elegant was, the smile this doll was going to bring to the 'foals' face was going to make her day, week even!

Raven flew with her new-found friend, keeping an eye on her to make sure Aquaria didn't get distracted or lost. 

Have you been to Canterlot before? I hear both of the princesses live there. Celery and Luna are big pretty ponies from what I have heard. I heard that the whole universe is in Luna's mane. If I poked her mane, would I destroy Equestria?" 

"Actually no, I've never been there although I do know about the Princesses living there. Then again, I think everypony knows of them at least. As for destroying the universe I don't think touching a pony's mane will do it, but I don't think that you should try to touch Princess Luna's mane without asking."

The two then saw Canterlot coming into view until they were both swallowed up by the city. They soon landed somewhere safe away from unsuspecting ponies. For a moment Raven looked around to see where they were while admiring the sheer size of the buildings. 

"Just like my dad said it would be," she replied before turning to Aquaria, "Alright let's go find that street. This might be tougher than I thought looks like there are dozens of streets." 

Archived