Story of the Blanks Alternate Ending

DeadAccount

I've already had this short ponyfic written awhile ago, but was too nervous to post it and I'm WAY too hard on myself sometimes. After seeing some reviews on my Deviantart and other Brony sites, I figured why not post it here too? And so I did. Hope you guys enjoy and leave some feedback! Here's the link to it on Fanfiction.net :geek:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7218996/1/My_Little_Pony_Story_of_The_Blanks_Alt_Ending

Friendship is Magic: Story of the Blanks alternate ending

By: AppleDash

"There was no other way.....no other way she was going to spoil the party."

Applebloom heard voices drifting from far away. All she wanted to do was get out of here and go back home. Oh, why oh why didn't she listen to Twilight? Why didn't she just stay put where she was like a good little filly? Why? Applebloom looked around for a way out of this nightmare, but all she saw was darkness surrounding her, what was once a lovely town when she arrived now lay in shambles, and death was coming for her. This was just a dream, a horrible, horrible dream, a nightmare. And she wanted to wake up.

Applebloom galloped at full speed, her heart pounding with fear, her mind yelling, screaming at her to just run, run as far away from this hell as she could. She stopped when she saw it. The frightening scene that lay in front of her her. The civilians who were once nice and friendly....rose from the dirt, their flesh falling off from their bones, their ribs sticking out, their bodies grotesque and decaying. The vile stench of rotting flesh made her want to gag, but she stood still, frozen with fear, fear and torment and agony, seeing things no filly should ever see.

"The curse had befallen her this very night.... She had the mark, she had to go!"

Applebloom whimpered, tears flowing down her cheeks as she choked on them, then let out a loud sob knowing she was done for, that there was no escape, and she had to accept whatever fate had in store for her. The zombie pony moved closer to Applebloom. She was surrounded, and there was no where to go, no where to hide, and no escape.

"Don't worry, you will never become like her..." The zombified pony grabbed hold of Applebloom with an iron grip, refusing to let her go. Its voice sounded like leaves crackling in the wind. Three Leaf forced Applebloom to look directly into her eyes, like a cat eyeing its prey hungrily.

"Don't be afraid, we will protect you, and then you'll never be like her. We will protect you....forever"

Shadows moved in on Applebloom, moving in closer and closer. Soon, the fear would be gone. Soon, the crying would stop. Soon, the transformation would be complete. And soon, she would become one with the darkness, a vile and horrifying disgusting creature of the night....one of them. In a few minutes, it'd all be over and she wouldn't have to worry anymore...

Applebloom loved Sunny Town. Here, nobody ever made fun of her for being a blank flank. Everyone treated her nice. Treated her like she was one of their own in fact. Here, Applebloom felt acceptance. Suddenly, she didn't care if she stayed a blank flank her whole life. She had made some new friends, she had everything she could have ever wanted, and she wanted it to stay that way. Applebloom never wanted to leave.

"Applebloom, oh Applebloom thank Celestia I found you!" A voice called. It was Twilight, she ran towards Applebloom and hugged her, she was very relieved to find the young filly safe and sound. Applebloom felt relieved too and hugged her back. "Twi!" she shouted, she had never missed anypony so much in all her life. Something wasn't right. Everything seemed a little....too happy. It was really creeping Twilight out. "Let's get out of this creepy place, who knows what lurks in here." Twilight told Applebloom, wanting her to follow her back home.

"I'm sorry Twi....but I can't let you do that. My new friends wouldn't like that very much."

Applebloom's innocent face slowly became a sneer.