[Sugarcube Corner] A Confectionery if I Ever Saw One

crumpton

Buccaneas drove into Ponyville on his land-ship, eager to restock and help anybody, if need be. He parked his shop in the lake and made his way through the town. When he arrived in the entrance of Ponyville, he looked around at the mass of ponies gathered around, doing their daily thing. Buc liked to see people on their normal schedule,it made him happy to know some people do more than travel a ship and eat sugary treats.

And speaking of sugary treats, this was what Buc was to do. He trotted further into the town, meandering past further ponies, until he reached the entrance of the Sugarcube Corner. Once he entered, he glanced around at the delicious sugar treats, located on various tables and racks, all open for people to eat-up, the infatuating sugar in the very sense of the world. Buc had begun to drool at the very thought of it, but caught himself and stopped.

Buc walked up to the counter and banged a bell to signal needed assistance.

"Coming," called Pinkie Pie from the next room. She kicked the kitchen door open and backed in, a cookie tray balanced atop her nose. With practiced skill, she slid the cookies off the tray while turning it, causing them all to fall neatly into a basket, which she then set on the counter.

"Okie dokie loki, what can I getcha betcha?" She smiled a manic grin and snuck one of the fresh out of the oven cookies. "These ones are delish, I reccomend them. Oatmeal raisin cinnamon, mmmm!" She stared unnervingly at the red stallion, her grin widening like a cheshire cat.

Upon the entrance of the pink colored pony, Buc was eager to eat. However, her odd behavior, admittedly set him off a bit. When she began to smile like a cat, he backed up just a bit. He also smiled a fake, nervous one, not unlike the smile she gave off. He remained staring at her a bit more before he shook his head violently to retain his composure.

Buc looked at all the treats. He could get all of them and save them....and sneak one in....hmm...or maybe...picking treats was always a game for Buc, one that required precision and major thought.

With a sigh, Buc decided.

"I'll take five of the cookies you just brought out, if you would please, my lady," he said.

ejfqyu.png

Raindrop walked down the sidewalk just out side of Sugar Cube corner, not really trusting her wings after crashing earlier that day. She smiled, seeing the bakery. A sweet cookie of brownie or cupcake... That's just what she needed.

Rainny pushed open a door with a single brown hoof, ringing the bell that announced her arrival and she walked in and... tripped on the threshold, face-planting on the floor of the confectionary.

She looked up, her legs still splayed across the floor. "Hi!" She called, seeing a stallion looking at the cookies, with that usual pink earth pony behind the counter. "Oh, fresh cookies? Can I buy one? If you're not planning to get them all, that is." And with that said, the blue maned Pegasus winked at the other customer.

To Buc, admittedly, the mare that had just came out and effectively fell flat on her face, was a bit weird. Amusing, yes, but still weird. Weird in the same sense as the pink pony behind the counter.

Anyway, Buc's reaction was to give off a nervous smile, before holding his front hooves to the tray.

"Not at all, help your yourself, my lady," he said.

He moved out of the way to let the mare take his spot. His fake smile remained on his face a bit before he dropped it and rose one of his eyebrows. His hooves also dropped to the floor.

"And are you alright lass?" he asked.

"Hiya Waindrop," called Pinkie to the newcomer, a pair of tongs in her mouth which she used slip her first customer's cookies into a paper bag. She was not phased in the least by the pegasus's fall, after all, even Rainbow Dash had her off-days. She tossed the tongs, sending them spinning into the air and back down, where they landed perfectly upon the peg where they belonged. She handed Buc his bag and rang up his order.

"Here you go, mister. And don't worry, there's plenty of cookies, I've got another batch in the oven that should be done soon. They're supposed to last all day, after all." She glanced back to the pegasus. "Did you want a bag, too, Raindrop, or did you just want to eat it now?"

Buc tosses the appropriate amount of money on the table before he took the bag of cookies in his mouth. He then nodded at the kind cashier while responding.

"Thank you kindly, my lady," he said.

Buc turned towards the door to head out of the shop...but just as he turned on his hooves, he found himself face to cake with a batch of cupcakes, stack in a pyramid on a table nearby. Buc grew wide-eyes at the amount of sugary treats in his eyesight. He rose his eyes up in thought. After finishing, he tossed the bag of cookies on his back before walking towards the cupcakes.

Raindrop smiled to Buccaneas as she picked herself up from the ground. It was nice he was concerned. "Nah, I'm fine. Happens all the time!" She replied with her usual, sightly nervous grin, before turning her attention to Pinkie Pie.

Rainny watched in wonder as the Pinkie threw the tongs in the air, having them land perfectly on their peg. She wished she was that coordinated. Then she'd definitely be able to fly straight.

"Did you want a bag, too, Raindrop, or did you just want to eat it now?"

"No bag for me, I think I'll eat them now." She told the pink earth pony. "Warm cookies are always the best, I think. Thanks Pinkie Pie!"

As the other two ponies in the place handled their trade, Buc was busy focused on the towered cupcakes. Still drooling, he glanced around them, one eye examining them exactly.

"Vanilla frosting, bubblegum on top, all stacked up in like Thunderhoove Volcano. A fine treasure if I ever saw one," he mumbled to himself.

Buc backed away from the stack of cupcakes to examine it once more. He got into his bag and took out a cookie. Using one his hooves, he held the cookie as he ate. Using the other hoove, he leaned on it as he thought about the potential. Is the entire worth it if he's just going to have a couple? Is this booty worth paying that much for it? How much is that much, anyhow? With a swallow of his cookie, followed by a sigh, Buc trotted back over to the counter.

"I'll also take that tower of cupcakes, if you wouldn't mind," he said.

He had a nervous smile on his face. This seems like a rather demanding offer on his part, although, it hasn't been his worst order he's ever made.

Pinkie sold the yellow pegasus a cookie, showing off with the same flourish of the tongs again before her first customer was back again. "Okie Dokie loki," she said again, not batting an eye and his large order. After all, she'd eaten that many cupcakes before. "Just a sec." She disappeared into the back for a moment, and returned with a huge box. She leapt at the tower and began to demolish it in a flurry of hooves, sending the cupcakes flying into into the box, where they landed completely unscathed.

In seconds the tower was gone, and the box was full of layer upon layer of them, safely separated by a series of dividers. She stuck a small 'Sold Out' sign onto the cupcake rack and lugged the box over to Buc. "Here ya go, 96 cupcakes comes too... 24 bits. Hmm, and I guess I better get some more started." She began to hum her cupcake song to start psyching up.

"Wow." Raindrop breathed as Pinkie Pie showed another amazing feat of coordination and skill. "Theth puny isth gooth!" She murmured through a mouthful of oatmeal raisin cookie.

Raindrop took the moment to look around the shop, seeing if there was anything else she wanted to buy. Without thinking she flew over to a display of double chocolate cookies, but her wings lurched as usual, a she fell, head over hooves, into the table of sweets.

"Omigosh, I'm so sorry!" The pegasus cried, rushing to pick up the cookies, and breaking a few in her haste.

Buc took the box from Pinkie, placing it on his back with the bag of cookies.

"Arrr, thank you lass," Buc said, showing off his pirate voice.

Whenever he's as excited like this, sweets or otherwise, he always tended to become as piratey as piratey can get. Buc sneaked into his bag and pulled out another oatmeal raisin. He threw it up in the air using his mouth and went it came down, the entire fell in. Buc chewed it up a bit. During this, Raindrop experienced her unfortunate fall. The second her wings lurched, Buc could see the disaster. He finished his cookie by swallowing it. He then set down his bag of cookies and box of cupcakes to rush over and help her. Buc began to pick up cookies with Raindrop. He only broke a few, but only due to their light nature. He spoke to the pegasus while helping her pick up the cookies.

"That's two crashes in only five minutes lass, arrrgh, you sure you're okay?" he asked.

Pinkie remained just as unphased when the display case was knocked over. "Oh, don't worry about it, Rainy. I'll just grab a broom and sweep them up. Can't sell things that have been on the floor, anyway, that'd be gross."

She frowned in confusion as the red pegasus started talking like a pirate. "Huh, is it Talk Like A Pirate Day already?" Without waiting for a response, she started playing along. "Arr, ye scurvy landlubbers, ye best swab up yer mess or I'll keelhaul ya!" She burst into a fit of giggling.

"Hee hee, ooh, that's fun. But I'm only joking, I'll clean it up. I'm Pinkie Pie, by the way," she added to Buc. "Are you from out of town? I don't recognize you, and I know pretty much everypony in Ponyville."

Buc had already begun picking up cookies by two's when Pinkie mentioned she'd clean it up. Buc sighed and set the cookies he had in his hooves on a nearby table. Then, Pinkie questioned why his voice suddenly changed to pirate.

"Ohh, no my lass, I just, you know, consider myself a scurvy pirate. Check the mark," he said.

Buc raised one of his wings to reveal his "skull and crossbones" cutie mark. He didn't like to show people his cutie mark, because A. that would require looking at his flank, and B. it's a pretty violent part of the pirate life, despite its representation of the life in whole.

"Usually I like to wander around towns, helping ponies travel from place to place on my boat taxi. It's been a while since I've ported in Ponyville, but I figured since I was around I'd stop in for a...sugary treasure," he said.

Buc lowered his front legs and bowed his head to Pinkie.

"Name's Buccaneas, Buc for short," he said.

He straightened out his posture before looking over to Raindrop.

"And I'm assuming you must be...'Rain'," he said.

"That's two crashes in only five minutes lass, arrrgh, you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah." Raindrop responded, shrugging her shoulders to flutter her wings a bit. "I have a... Flying disorder. MY wings are in the wrong place. It's given me quite a liking of crashes though!" She joked, as she usually did when her CCD was mentioned. She just didn't fly so well. It didn't bother her. Much.

"Oh, thanks Pinkie!" She said happily as the party pony offered to clean up the mess. Raindrop was glad that she wasn't mad. But when was Pinkie Pie mad anyways? It didn't seem like she ever was.

Rainny pondered that as she listened to Buccaneers and Pinkie Pie talking about talking like a pirate, and with Buc, being a pirate. She was only startled from her thoughts when the other pegasus looked at her and asked something.

"Wh- Yeah! I'm Raindrop! Nice to meet ya'!"

"Oooh," said Pinkie. The pirate talk must be this pony's special talent. "Well, I couldn't do it for too long. I'd forget. pretty quick. In fact, I think I used up all the pirate lingo I know in that one sentence. Anyway, if you like sweets, you definitely came to the right place. Sugarcube corner is my favorite place in all of Ponyville. That's probably why they hired me, come to think of it. That and because I was here all the time anyway."

Pinkie tilted her head at Raindrop's mention of her wing problems. "You do? That's odd, I never noticed anything. Well, then again I do miss a lot of what you pegasus ponies do. You still fly better than I do," she added with an amiable grin.