Cupcakes and Griffons(Closed: Rosewind)

ShadowWalking18

Razor crept as quietly as he could, a bound package in his grip along with a clipboard and paper. He had taken a contract to deliver a number of small parcels to several locations, and this would be the last. And he had saved the worse for last.

'Just keep low, keep quiet and get out fast.' He thought as he crept closer to the building that contained the greatest threat to reality.

A giant gingerbread shaped house, complete with a cupcake on top. Sugarcube Corner, a bakery his sister loved to frequent when she visited the town to meet friends...and spend all the money he gave her; not including nearly all of his as well without any say in the matter.

It also seemed to be the home of a certain pink mare. A very dangerous pink mare. A mare who seemed capable of doing anything, and everything outside the realm of logic or reason. A pink mare named Pinkie Pie.

Now, he didn't hate Pinkie Pie. In fact, despite his phobia he found her to be a rather refreshing sort....when she wasn't yanking out his feathers to foretell the future, crushing him in vice grip hug that could put an anaconda to shame, or creating a miniature force of nature and a whole bunch of other things that seemed impossible to explain. Outside of that she was okay.

Crazy, perhaps even insane. But okay.

'Doesn't mean I'm not gonna take precautions with my health.' He thought, rubbing his back slightly.

He stepped up to the door, he set the parcel down to the mailbox and carefully tore the receipt sheet from the clipboard and set it with the parcel.

"Mission accomplished." Razor said with a sigh and turned to leave. He kept getting the feeling he was being watched.

• 2 months later...

Pinkie Pie was a busy mare. She had been working since the wee hours of the morning getting the main bakery work done for the afternoon rush. Breads, pies, pastries, cookies, brownies, and especially cupcakes -- she flitted about the bakery kitchen, her ruffly lace apron spinning around her middle, slathered thickly with a dozen types of batters and frostings. She stopped dead in her tracks, her arms loaded with a tray full of scones. One of her pink ears darted upwards, her blue eyes twinkling. Her tail shook gently. Somepony -- or someone -- was visiting the bakery. She made a mad dash for the door, grinning wildly, her scones all but forgotten (and flying about the bakery).

The pink party pony slammed into the front door, throwing it open with reckless abandon. "Whoooooooooo is there?! I'm coming! Don't bother wiping your hooves on the welc..." She looked down. Way down. Her short griffon friend, replete with adorable sandcat fur, was visiting! "Forget about the hooves, I meant claws? Paws? Griffonfeet? Er...hi! Welcome! It's so nice to see you! We haven't seen each other since that treasure hunt with the exploding volcano thing, with tree sap, rafts, and that emergency flight...also getting stalked by giant jungle cats. Oh gee, that was like, last week! Ha! Time really flies huh? So what did you bring?! You have to come inside, I'm almost done working! I was testing out a new kind of cake and I think you should try it! Scorchberry Surprise! I promise you'll be very surprised." Pinkie paused, blinking her large blue eyes. She put on the most adorable puppyface she could muster. "You were going to stay to visit, right?"

Razor twitched, his talon stretched out to the door to open it now simply hung there.

So close.....

He inwardly sighed, giving a slight whimper of fear before taking a breath and turning to attend to the welcoming Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie....hey." He said, looking at his pink, and quiet possibly insane, friend.

Despite himself, Razor couldn't help but smile a little as Pinkie recounted their adventure. Even if the whole affair had nearly driven him insane, he had to admit....it hadn't been such a bad thing. He even still kept that crystal rock thing they found in his collection of memorable items.

Though when Pinkie brought up the offer of cakes and sweets, Razor grimaced. He didn't particularly like sweets, maybe a single chocolate once in awhile, but by the number of confections this place held and sold, Razor didn't feel a desire for.

And Scorchberry Surprise? Something told him that was a surprise he did not want.

"Oh...gee Pinkie, I was kinda gonna go and-" Razor began, but stop when Pinkie leveled him a puppy eye look. He blushed and gulped as he looked away.

'Don't.....don't....don't....give ....in.' He thought, try to avoid looking at the cute and pleading look.

"I...Pinkie....I don't really like sweets like cakes and cupcakes and what not. So there wouldn't be a reason for me to stay...."  Razor said, looking up at the ceiling. Despite his words, he sounded more like he was trying to convince himself of the logic then Pinkie.

Just....don't look at the face.

• 3 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie grinned widely. "Don't be silly, Razor! You don't need to like sweets to make them! Don't griffons like to bake?!" The pink mare sat down on her rump heavily, poking her chin in deep thought as she glared upward, as she tended to do when pondering something very important, very deeply . "That is like such a good question! Let's find out!" She cast the door of Sugarcube Corner wide open, grabbed her friend, and yoinked him into the bakery without another moment to spare. The gingerbread door slammed shut, leaving a small cloud of flour in its wake.

The inside of the bakery was warm, and smack in the middle of production. The pride of any pastry mare was working neat and clean, which meant the whole of the bakery looked like a batter-covered train wreck. This was par for the course, of course, as bowls slathered with thick batters, piping bags stuffed messily with polychromatic frostings, and dirty pans were sprinkled around the bakery with reckless abandon. "Oh horse muffins, my cupcakes are totally burning!" She raced over to an oven, pulling out several pans of smoking, black muffins. She pointed a hoof at the little griffon. "Grab an apron! We have work to do!"

• 2 weeks later...

Razor would have dug his claws into the floor to keep himself from being pulled by Pinkie into whatever madness was insider the kitchen. He didn't though, mostly to avoid paying for property damage and also because he was sure that Pinkie would have pulled his body from his legs if he tried.

"Of course we don't bake, or well...some of us do....but not me!" Razor said, as he was yoinked into the kitchen.

It looked like a battlefield or cake-bomb had erupted. Razor felt his jaw drop at just seeing the mess. How could one pony make such a mess baking? It defied all logic. It-

'When does Pinkie ever respond to logic.' He thought. He had to faceclaw when he saw Pinkie just save a bunch of burnt muffins. Even common sense seemed beyond this pony. Razor was more and more convinced that Pinkie was a danger to herself and others half the time.

"Pinkie....there is no way I am going to wear an apron. Let alone bake." He said firmly, "Just like I don't eat sweets. I don't like either." 

Besides, given his perchance to injury when around the deadly, if loveable, mare he might end up inside of a muffin.

Archived