[Canterlot]Pony Joe's[OPEN]

daftBLUE

"Goodbye, Mr. Big Time, and thank you for your offer," Misty said with a smile, "if I ever want to go into show business, I'll keep you in mind."

Inwardly, Misty breathed a sigh of relief. To her, Big Time was rather intimidating and was not the kind of pony to take 'NO" for an answer. As her mind was ready to relax, Sherlock Hooves asked to sit with her. This stranger certainly had a mystical charm about him, and she felt more at ease since her good friend Pony Joe was nearby. As long as she didn't have any more magical mishaps, she'd be OK, so she thought.

"Of course, sir, by all means, join me!" the petite yellow unicorn said with a warm smile.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The detective smiled and moved himself into the booth, taking another sip of his tea. "I do hope I didn't say anything to upset you Miss Misty. When I get on my little deductive tangents sometimes I can forget about the personal feelings of ponies and say things that they would rather keep to themselves." He blushed a little and scratched the back of his neck, "Its very good for my line of work, but its also gotten me into trouble on more than one occasion." He chuckled nervously and sipped at his tea.

"Well, I could offer you a coffee and doughnut combo, if you wanted." Joe replied. "But if you wanted something else, like a green tea or some other food, I could probably procure it for you. Why don't you just take a seat...over here." He directed the pegasus to a table by a window. "You wait there, and I'll fix you something up, if you want."

• 2 weeks later...

"No bagels, no problem," he murmured, already pretty well immersed in whatever he was working on. He sipped on his coffee. "Just means I'll get something a bit more substantial later. Coffee's not too shabby," he compliments. He then nods to himself, muttering something about torsion as he scribbles on a sheet of paper.

He perks an ear at somepony else saying they weren't fond of sweet things. "Bagels might do ya well, if ya keep getting ponies without a sweet tooth," he idly comments. "Food for thought, if you'll pardon the pun." He smirks, then flips the page in his current book, jotting down a few more notes.

"Hmm...not a bad idea. I'll look into it." Joe returned to Scale Model's side. "Usually most of my customers want donuts so I never really bothered with bagels. Now I look at it, bagels would be a good way to expand the shop. Thanks, Mr uhhh...sorry, I don't think I've seen you in here before. I remember every customer I've ever had, but I don't remember you. What's your name?"

Silversword didn't eat many different things. Usually just a couple gulps of water and a salad were all she ate. She knew, however, that she did not like sweets very much, so at the offer of a doughnut, she shook her head briskly, trotting over to the window-side table, where light shone through brightly. She accommodated herself, shuffled her wings, and thought for a moment on what to say.

"I don't eat a wide variety of things, so perhaps you could choose for me? However, no sweets, please."

And with that, she started looking out the window, seemingly oblivious to all around her.

"No, you didn't upset me, sir, just surprised me a bit, that's all," Misty said with a smile. "I really didn't think my life was all that important enough for anyone to follow."

The petite yellow unicorn mare took another sip of her beverage.

"So, tell me all about your exciting life, about cases you're solved in the past!"

Now it was Misty who was curious, curious about this stallion stranger who seemed to know all about her life.

"Pick...something out for you?" Joe asked, confusedly. "Ummm...okay, I guess." He trotted back behind the counter, and began to search for any non-sweet things he could find or make. A few moments later, he returned with a hot cup of green tea and a fresh hayburger for the Pony. "Here you go. It's not sweet, as you wanted."

Sherlock smiled a little out of embarrassment and waved his hoof. "Oh its nothing amazing as all that. Its not nearly as glamorous as it sounds. Get a case, track down suspects, wait... wait some more." He chuckled trying to play off his job choice as more of a tedium than some of the excitement he went through the night before. He stretched his back and forelegs before taking another sip of his tea, sighing happily "Oh excuse me Miss Misty... I didn't get the best night's sleep either... and I suppose I look quite the mess." He chuckled a little about his appearance.

Scale nods and smiles, setting his quill down atop his inkwell for a moment. "Still kinda new in town. I came from Ponyville to Canterlot, to take classes here. I'm Scale Model. Nice to meet you. ...so far, it seems busier here than back home." He pauses and thinks for a bit. "Not sure if that's the right word though. Not as laid back. Y'know?" He pushes his glasses back into place, then takes another sip of his coffee. "It'll take a bit to get used to, but I guess it has its charms."

"I'm Glazing, but everypony calls me Pony Joe." Joe replied. "And don't worry. It's normally a bit busier than this in the mornings. This is Canterlot, city of royals, so it has a fair amount of hustle and bustle in the day." He shrugged. "And this, if I don't mean to brag, is the best place to get donuts in Canterlot. A lot of ponies come here for their donut fix, but I seriously doubt that the Princesses would come here if they wer given the choice." As if he was predicting something, he turned to face the door, but nopony entered. Joe shrugged again and went back to the counter.

"Oh, not at all, Mister Hooves," Misty said as she took another bite of her doughnut. "You look fine this morning. Have you always been a detective of sorts? Have you ever did any work for the royal family?"

The sun was now up in all it's radiant beauty. Misty smiled as she glanced outside to see birds flying high in the sky and squirrels dashing around the trees of the nearby royal courtyard. It was so good to see the sights of home! Some things had changed since her foalhood days in this capital city, and yet, so many other things remained the same.

Joe listened to Sherlock and Misty's conversation from behind the counter. All of his other customers seemed to be doing fine, having just given them their orders. He looked at their table and trotted over to them casually. "You ponies need anything else? I'm here for you, you know." Joe said, tipping his serving hat to them.

"Mmm For about five years now. I've worked with their majesties' security forces and the investigation and enforcement guard. But I haven't been asked by any of the royal family personally.... Though I have been called in front of princess Celestia before.... though that was on.... *ahem* a criminal matter...." He chuckled and took another sip of his tea trying to think of a way to steer the conversation away from his incarcerations. "I actually got into the business because of my grandfather, he was the chief inspector for their majesties' investigation and enforcement guard."