The Magic of the Night (Bellosh & Tacobob)

Bellosh

2qdswhx.jpg

“Well.”, the stallion tried his best to remember, “There’s the nine primary energy paths that exist in all living creatures.", thankfully unlike most other races, unicorns have the best and more direct access to these paths and thus could use magic directly. "The meridian is basically the artery carrying the body's energy and making sure it reaches all important areas of the body. The second are the centers of energy or the 'chakra' which is fed by the meridian. These are vital for experience and creativity. No energy. No creativity. And no life. The meridian starts at the spine and ends at the tip of our horns. Other races, it just ends at the skull.", he shrugged.

"There's also the Aura, which is visible by unicorns when we cast spells. This is an energy that both collects and draws magical energy when necessary. I've heard an Pegasus pony's aura, while invisible, protects a flyer from harm like a force field. while an earth pony's aura gives him or her strength beyond his or hers physical limits. And an near second sense when it comes to nature.", he paused for a moment to try to dig up the next path. His magic primaries were one of the few magical classes that he exceled in. Mostly because this was one of the few classes where the teacher wasn't some bored P.E teacher and zounds, she was a hottie. Ooh! There it is.

"There's the grid, which is basically the skeletal system made of foundational energy that holds the chakra in place. There's also the Weave, which has two sides. Each side controls a side of your body. Then there's the Five Rhythms, which act like an conductor that directs the tone and mood of the entire system. The Triple Warmer is your immune system that monitors threats to your system and tries its best to combat them. The radiant circuits is almost the same, but instead of watching for outside troubles, it keeps an eye on your insides and makes sure everything is flowing and working for the better good. These in turn use something called the  electrics, which is a tool the radiant use to fix what needs to be taken care of, so your inner energy continues to flow. That all sounds about right? It's been awhile since I've actually had to think about these.."

2wmm3ux.jpg

“You’ve got it down pat Pocket,” Moondancer nodded, the learner eliminating the need for the teacher to lecture on the subject herself. “But knowing about all that stuff is one thing; the stuff we’re really interested tonight is feeling all of that inside you. As it turns out, as long as you completely account for those energy pathways while you’re teleporting, that ensures that all surrounding tissues reemerge in their proper spots if you warp someplace else, since you know, magic seeps into every fiber of our bodies and what not.

Now if I’m guessing right, you might actually have prior experience in feeling energy networks. Assuming you’ve learned healing cantrips for your adventures, I’m betting they work by influencing these pathways, if I’m not mistaken...” Moony paused to let Pocket Change either affirm or correct her assumption.

au6xja.jpg

“Oh yes, I’m very familiar with what can happen to those who fail to teleport properly.” Leaving a part of one’s body wasn’t just one of the nastier problems a miscast or improperly prepared apparition could lead to. He had both heard and read stories about casters ending up in walls or other objects, unicorns being thrown ahead several days into the future or even sent into another dimension! That all was obviously a bunch of hooey, but he still needed to be very careful with the spell.

The unicorn nodded his head when the mare asked about his healing cantrips, "Simple heal' is one of the essentials! I would never think about going on any sort of adventure without it!". 'Simple Heal', along with 'Stich' which fixed simple rips in fabrics, 'clean' which was obvious what it did. There was also 'light' and an very useful cantrip to find water, cleverly known as 'find water'.

• 1 month later...

OOC: Sorry for taking more than a month (and for it being so short). These things happen when you're unable to defeat RP procrastination AND you're holding up a few group RPs you need to get to first.

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moony grinned as Pocket Change predictably acknowledged his ability to use magic healing. “Now uhh, can you use that cantrip? I mean, you’re obviously not injured or anything right now, but could you do what you normally do to, reach out. to an injured body part, but not active any healing powers or anything?” Those might not have been the most concise directions, but the young mare hoped she got the point across. 

OOC: No worries. RL has been an issue as well for..So slow posting for me as well.

au6xja.jpg

It took the stallion a moment to realize how much of a clever pony Moondancer was. She was actually making him -think- more about his spells and the actual crafting of said spells. Normally when some unicorns reached a certain age or skill level, they would never give a second thought to some of their more favorite spells.  This might help speed up the spell-casting, but the spell itself would be of the weaker variety. It was like a poor musician who had to play the same song over and over again. He or she might still have the song down right, but it would eventually lose its heart.

Her next command was a bit confusing, "You mean, like a 'dummy spell'? A spell that's still chocolatey, but without it's creamy nougat?", he really wish he didn’t have to rush past the Chocolatier's during his little trip. He was hit right in the snout with the fresh, wonderful smell of Prench chocolate and he did not have time to stop and enjoy a treat or two.  "Let me give it a go." He wasn't sure if he could summon the spell, but stop it right before it could converting the stored mana into what was life magic, or technically necromancy. The door would slam right before the conversation. There was only one way to find out.

The very simple steps for the cantrip quickly rattled about in his brain. His horn lit up, and a small glow surrounded what would have been the wounded area to be be healed, which was his front left hoof. However, as his front left hoof was perfectly fine, the spell went off without actually doing anything. "How about that?", he eagerly asked the mare.

• 4 weeks later...

2wmm3ux.jpg

A brief pause ensured for a couple seconds before Moony answered Pocket’s “dummy spell” question; “Umm, when you put it like that, just like that!” Even while nodding however, the young mare’s got sucked into that food metaphor. Just like that, all she could think about was gouging on a chocolatey dessert. Gah, thanks a lot, Pocket Change!

Thus was the unicorn spacing out over delectable when her student requested her feedback once more. “Oh, what?” Moony focused back on reality, noticing the glow around Pocket’s hoof and what spell he was supposed to be practicing. “Oh yeah yeah yeah, just like that! Okie dokie, do you remember the connection stuff I talked about earlier? Well, what you’re doing now is establishing a metaphysical bond with that part of your body!”

Just like any pony with a natural urge to touch a shimmering object, the mare’s hoof brushed against her boyfriend’s glowing thingy. “Except the spell you’re using now is something like a shortcut. Usually, you’d have to enter a meditative-like state to connect with all the atoms that form the area you want to affect with your magic. For teleportation purposes though, that takes too long. So instead, you use that spell you’re using to reach out to your entire physical form. By activating all the energy pathways inside you, your body does all the legwork in accounting for every single molecule that make up what you are, from your hair fibers to your brain cells and even the ice cream digesting in your stomach!”

• 2 weeks later...
au6xja.jpg

"Great.", the stallion grinned, finally hoping he was heading in the right direction. "Happy to hear that I did not fudge this one up." Oh for cripes sake, he could have entered the Chocolatier's and would have been out of there in minutes as there had been no line.  Just one bored teenaged clerk and an impressive selection of delicious chocolates. And fudge. And candy apples that sort of looked like a bunny. Or maybe it was a skull. Still he could not afford to be choco-late. Pocket Change nodded his head as Moondancer spoke of her previous lesson. "Right. I'm basically gathering my entire self for this spell, lifting me up and dragging myself to another spot."

Thinking of it like that sure made the spell a little less terrifying. A quick grab and move sounded a bit friendlier than the idea that he was basically tearing himself into itty bitty pieces and letting the wind carry his bits somewhere else. Like dust in the wind. "So..", he was pretty sure he was on the same page as the experienced mare. "What's the next step?"

• 3 weeks later...

2wmm3ux.jpg

“Next step, huh...” Mooy stroked her chin in contemplation; “Back in school, this would be the part where the teacher had us practice that pathway accessing spell constantly to get us closer to the point where we’d can cast it in under a second. We had to wait a couple weeks or so before we got to start learning basic atomic-level manipulation. I suppose if I was a proper instructor, I should give you that same amount of time before we go further.”

The young mare giggled as she circled around her so-called student; “But then again, I could just trust you to practice the spell instead on your own time. Frankly Pocket, I think you know enough magic to get... up-and-atom right now, tehehehe! I know, I know,” Moony smirked; “I’m a riot.”

au6xja.jpg

"Phooey. You're as proper of an professor as one could get.", the stallion pish posh'ed the mare. "You just have a difficult student who probably should have studied more when he was taking magic classes.", he added,  "Instead of listening to the teacher, his mind was filled with dreams of the future, which generally involved lots of epic adventures and very pretty mares. And he also generally only worried about spells he needed to use in the present, not later on down the road. And he also believed that unicorns who stuck to a general skill sets were weaker than those who stuck to a few general schools of magic and specialized in those.", Pocket Change sighed, "He did not realize even the simplest spells could lead to something much grander down the road..."

His smile returned, "I could see you making an awesome teacher, just like Professor Hoofcourt and Gray Lexis. You'd be there behind a teacher's desk..With your hair in a conservative bun and little glasses for some reason..And you'd be dressed in a proper teacher's garb and have an little apple on your desk.  And all the colts would have a crush on you.", the image looked rather pleasant in his head. "And you'd save a whole generation of Pocket Changes from having to deal with a bored gym coach as a 'teacher."

He chuckled at Moondancer's joke, mostly because she was so adorable, even when telling a stinker or two. "So you gave me homework...What should we do next? It's still an absolutely gorgeous night out and there's an awesome little chocolate place that might still be open..."

OOC: We can end this on your next post if you wish. Pocket Change is inspired to continue studying difficult magic...I don't seem him learning the spell soon...Cause it even took ol' Twilight a bit to master teleportation..But he will eventually will..Just needs time and lots of practice.

2wmm3ux.jpg

Moony wasn’t too down on letting her coltfriend talk smack about his younger self without offering a counterpoint. “You also left out that you went to normal school with normal teachers. Considering that Pocket, you’ve done exceptionally good magic-wise for somepony who never attended the School for Gifted Unicorns. I still kinda envy how you know all those catnips, for one thing.”

Blushing at that admission, Moony turned to stare at her shiny namesake in the night sky while Pocket Change declared how great of a teacher the young mare would be. Moony quietly snickered as she envisioned herself according to her coltfriend’s vision. True, the unicorn mare thought it against her nature to one day dress up like a dour old professor. Unless it was all part of an act however; intellectual knowledge-giver by daylight, lively heart-winner by moonlight. You know, just like Supermare! Moony would have to come up with a new professional name though; “Professor Moony” just didn’t have a sweet academic ring to it in her opinion, and Moondancer didn’t want to be confused with her former schoolmate Moon Dancer (AKA Twilight Sparkle’s spirit twin). She’d brainstorm on that matter later.

So instead, Moony exploited this moment to tell an up-an-atom joke, prompting Pocket to suggest what they should do next. “We could get some chocolate uptown,” she slyly replied; Or I can instead show off the invisible tent you haven't noticed that has been right next to you this entire time!” An innocent smile appeared on her muzzle; “Your choice, babe.”

OOC: I’m okay with ending the thread here. Thanks for another fun RP, Tacobob! :D

Archived