Island parent?

Tam

Hey guys, I'm itching to use my character Trinket and before I opened up a thread with her on Gallopocous Island I wanted to see if anyone wanted to volunteer their adult - to older ponies to be her care giver?

Her dad is a sailor pony and often selling merchant for the main land. He's gone for very long periods of time, no name is given and I'd like it to stay that way. Just like how in cartoons you never see the parents face or something? Sorta like that. Whoever would be taking care of her would be looking out for her because the dad is a good friend and the wife/mom left them when Trinket was just born.

Any pony who ideally runs a souvenir shop would be super golden because trinket would love making things to help out with the store and making cute little goodies she finds on her adventures. The rest of it is open book, so long as they live in Coralwood Corral.

Just figured the position was very open, I didn't feel like making a pony to fit it, maybe somepony else would like too? C:

My hippogriff, Flutterby, might fit? He'd be an awkward father figure but it just might work out! She might help him get out more often. Haha.

I'd be willing to change his residence for the purpose of taking care of Trinket. His colors sorta match the island area a bit better anyway! ;P

Certainly could! Can be any sort of figure, father, brother, uncle, gramps, and it works as a kid too cause he's a Hippogriff which might cause other foals to tease her and she gets all huffy about it. Ahahahahhaaha so cute. And it's true, his colors would be perfect for the island!

I'm game if you are. :P

Alright then! I'll go edit up his profile to make it fit with location, etc! Poor Trinket will be stuck in a stuffy old museum with a stuffy hippogriff that likes indoor things. A nice opposites attract sorta thing and a nice dynamic. I like a sort of thing where they're not exactly alike personality wise.

I'm so game!

No. xD;;; Trinket is just in Flutterby's care. He's her guardian since Trinket's dad is a sailor merchant and is gone for long periods of time. No one can watch her, so Flutterby has offered his services as a care giver.

Well I was coming up with a sailor pony that I thought could be her dad if you wanted. I even did a sketch that didn't come out so bad. I'll post it in a second after I add the cutie mark and scan it to my PC.

-Edit-

Alright, here is the sketch. I call him Gold "Scruffy" Doubloon. It was to large to be put as an image so I put a link.

link

That's really nice of you to offer, but I actually plan on keeping him in-active for a while until I decide what to do with her parents officially. So he'll be just that shadow/faceless/nameless dad for the time being. But should I change my mind I'll be sure to message you! C: