Discovering the Truth. (See OOC)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I agree. A lovely little present should be adequate for our stay."  He unfolded a slim hoof from under him to reach below the seats. Where is the-ah, here we are. He thought as it brushed up against the cloth of his saddle bag before he scooped it up closer to him. "Anyone know how much longer on this ride?"  He asked as he rummaged through he bag until he found the item he was looking for along with making sure he had all his things. He picked out thick leather bound book and placed it in front of himself. If it were to be much longer  then he would have plenty of time for reading.

And judging by the yawns bouncing left and right, his travelling partners could use a nap. "If we still a ways to go, I'll keep an ear open for our stop." He offered with a good natured grin

((Sowwwyyyy! >~<))

"It should be about an hour or so before we get there." Dawn replied, stretching a bit. As excited as he was about this new adventure, he couldn't help but feel exhausted over what happened the past week. "Thanks, Sprig." He said, leaning back into his seat. "I haven't had a wink of sleep in the past two days... A nap sounds nice right about now." He closed his eyes.

"Mhm. Rest well, mates." He nodded. "I'll wake you when we arrive." With that he ran a hoof over the pages feeling for the tiny bumps that dotted it. He knew they could both use this rest. What with Dawn having little to no sleep in the past few days and Brave with his long hour shifts at his company. It would do them some good.

As time passed so did the pages of the thick book. When the train started to slow Sprig's body swayed with it. It seems they had arrived. The teacher closed his nearly finished book and started to put it back into his bag. "Gentlecolts, we have arrived." He replaced his glasses back onto his nose as the train's whistle sounded.

Again. He was entirely grateful for the ears plugs.

Upon hearing Sprig's voice along with the train's loud whistle, Dawn opened his eyes and yawned heavily, rolling his shoulders and rubbing his neck a bit. "As good as that nap was, these seats aren't very comfortable..." He said, standing up out of his seat and stretching. He grabbed his saddlebags and slung them back over his shoulder, waiting for the train to come to a complete stop.

The stallion unfolded his long legs and stood from his previous position a resounding popping noise falling his movements. "Heh, well, I can't be that old already." He chuckled stretching his limbs then straitening his tie. He placed his saddle bag on his back before walking to the pathway on slightly wobbly legs. "Are we ready to disembark, lads?" He asked a little eager to finally be rid of this train.

"Definitely." Dawn replied, before stepping off of the platform. As groggy as he still was, his heart thudded with anticipation at just what mysteries lied before them... Perhaps there may even be a bit of adventure waiting for them. He looked back at Sprig. "Do you need any help?" He asked.

"Sure am I" brave said before taking the lead to go to Vynals and Octavia's house

He swiveled his ears back at dawns question then turned around himself to make comment

"I'm not carrying anything so I can take on some weight"

"Oh, no. I'm quite alright." He replied feeling his way to the platform steps. He ears tuned in on their voices for a better reference on where to go. He pausd as one brushd the edge oof the first step leading down. Steps espcially those that he had to walk down was another obstacle that made his life tad bit difficult. Sigh. Better get this over with. He tentavily placed his hoof on the second step trying to figure the stepness of them. He didn't want to ruin this trip by taking a nasty fall just as their quest was beginning.   

"All right, then." Dawn said, though he still remained close by, watching carefully as Sprig made his way down the stairs. Even though he said he did not need any help, Dawn was always the type to stick around until his help was needed. Once they had all made it off the train, Dawn followed Brave in the direction of Vynal's house. "You know, I'm wondering if we should bring Zed along with us. You know... Just in case things get dangerous." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Sprig followed Dawn to where Brave was waiting sticking close by so as not to wander off. He hadn't been to Octavia's house before so this path was quite new to him. He flanked the otherside of Brave as they began their walk. His ears up acting as raders searching for the many differen sounds that drifted through the air. Seems Ponyville is busy today. He thought hearing the different voices. "Hmm?" He swivelded his ears in the directionof Dawn. "Zed?" He walked quitely for a monent trying to place that name with a scent or a voice. Nothing. "I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting him before." If he was what they thought of when taking percausions against danger then he must be some tough pony! A spark of excitement flared at the notion of becoming acquainted with one so bold.

Dawn shrugged at Brave's question. "Well, you can never really be too safe, to be honest. I don't think he would mind coming along." He looked over at Sprig, surprised that he hasn't heard of him. Then again, the boy only just recently started making a name for himself. "Zed is... different from everypony else." He said, not knowing how to explain it. "Mainly because he's not a pony at all. Usually, people refer to him as the 'Angel of Equestria'. He's really nice, if a little bit blunt and straightforward. I think you would get along with him very well." He shrugged again. "Then again, Brave knows him better than I do."

Brave shrugged "the only diferance between him and me magically is that he has spells from his own realm and and I only have defensive spells" he said as the house came to view

"Interesting." A thoughtful grin on his face. Not a pony at all but an Angel? Never before had he heard of such a thing. No, not a single book that had came into his position had mention anything of him. "The more the merrier in my book." He hummed happily. This Zed character had piqued his interest and once such a thing occured it would be down right cruel not satisy it. "Does he live here, perhaps?" He asked wanting to know more of this Angel of Equestria.

Dawn kept a careful eye on Sprig as they made their way to Vynal's house, making sure he didn't accidentally wander off. "He lives back in Canterlot, actually. But he does come to Ponyville a lot. If not to visit Twilight and her friends, then it's usually for some sort of mission. Maybe we might get lucky?" He said, searching the streets for the familiar boy. "He might even be with Octavia, for all we know. He tends to bounce around all over the place."

"indeed" brave said as they came up to the house

brave walked up the step and knocked on the door

"no heres to hoping that somepony IS here" brave said looking back before the door opened

"hello brave" said the grey mare with purple eyes "what can i do for you?"

"hay Octavia, how are you?" he said currently avoiding the question

"im doing vary well, yourself?"

"im doing great.....other then me and my friends here" brave said steping aside so she could see them "need a place to stay...and i was wondering if we could take the spare bedrooms?"

"anything for you brave" she said affectionetly....witch flew right over braves head

like what was said earlier he was really dull when it came to him and octavia

"come on, come in" she said opening the door more for them all to come in

"Oh, the wandering type?" He voiced his thoughts on Dawn's discription of the mysterious Zed character. "Most curious." He walked closely thinking to himself until they reached their location. He inwardly chucked at Brave. It seems he wasn't able to pick up the hints well. Maybe he could inform him at some point. A pleasant smile appeared on his face as Octavia invited them in. "Ah, why thank you Madam." Her voice was pleasant and calming. "It is most generous of you to allow us into your home." His voice was charming and friendly.

Dawn smiled politely and walked in, holding the door open for Sprig. "Yes. Thank you so much, Octavia." He said, before stepping inside. He immediately took note of the absence of deafening music. "Well... There are no wubs." He said with a chuckle. "Either Vynal's not here, or she's still asleep. So, how have you been, Octavia?"

"I've been vary good dawn...Vynal hasn't been here to wake the naborhood" she told him before making a small laugh

"I actualy think doctor silver needle used her as an alarm clock because I saw him rushing to work the other day"

Brave laughed at that

"So I know you and" she then sighed "brave......but I'm not familiar with this stallion"she said turning to sprig halfway thru that sentence

The mossy maned teacher followed their voices as they entered the house. He dipped his head in appreciation for whomever it was that held the door fro him. He couldn't quite tell who it was just that the door was opened and it was a kind gesture none the less. "Ah, where are my manners. My name is Sprig." He replied placing a hoof across his chest with a slight bow of his head in her general direction. "And it is very nice to meet you, Miss Octavia." He smiled politely. "I must admit, I'm a fan of your work."

Dawn chuckled a bit at her joke, before sitting down on one of the dining room chairs. "Well, hopefully she won't be gone for too long. I'd really like to see her again." He said, smiling.

Outside, Zed casually approached the house, carrying a heavy bag of equipment over his shoulder. He stumbled a bit on the walkway, but was thankfully able to keep himself from falling over. He stopped in front of the door and gently knocked on it.

Archived