Fallout. (Open)

BraveShield

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Hope it's alright to jump into the action?)

Deep within the wasteland, on a ruined hillside, a small shack was burning. Its blaze was bright and hot, quickly engulfing everything that lay within. This shack was Rustings home, along with his beloved friend who lay slumped in his hooves as he watched the blaze. The shack had been attacked while he had been out scavenging, leaving his partner to care for their home. He had known something was wrong when he saw the column of black smoke rising high about the hill.

When he returned it was too late, the figures of chanting and cackling raiders slowly disappearing into the distance. Without thinking he ran inside and despite the smoke and the fire he emerged minutes later holding the body of his beloved. Gently placing her down on the broken ground he embraced her, willing for his life to be exchanged for hers...but it was too late.

They looked into each others eyes as they teared up. It felt like a dream, Rusting wished- neigh- BEGGED the gods for it to end. At least in some cruel manner it did, but not for him. He scrambled to hold onto his fallen mare as she sagged in his hooves, her life depleted. 

"noo" He choked "no nonNONONOOOONOOO!!"

He screamed, his vision blurred as tears streamed down his face. In all the grey of the wasteland, there used to be a single patch of life and hope, that patch was burning to the ground in front of him and with it was the loss of the only friend he had, a lover, a wife. As dark soot rained from the sky, he collapsed in a sobbing mess. The culprits of this atrocity, already miles away, they had left nothing bar a distinctive marking etched into the ground, as a signature to their work. 

Deep within the wasteland, on a ruined hillside, there used to be a small shack. Now it was simply just a column of black smoke, reaching for the heavens.....

((Sounds almost like a poem

Any way ya you can but you'll have to wait for the main group to get out of canterlot

Also for any history for this rp read the previous rp that me and PofN did called 'fallout: before the storm'))

Glade laid her head back

"So when can I leave?"

Glade nodded and tried to fall back asleep so time would fly faster

Hope smiled and got up

"I'm going to go back to reading"

Luna nodded to her then turned to darky "we should go and let her sleep too"

-ts-

Glade woke up

She felt like she hadn't almost died...and then even better

She lifted her shoulder and I didn't hurt

"Huh....what da ya know"

"Quite a bit"

Glade jumped and looked over and saw hope sitting there

Darky woke up, Luna resting in his chest. He had to go out again, so he made love with her that night. He kissed her nose and gathered his stuff to go out.

Lullaby walked to the room Glade was ."Oh. Morning." She said to both ."feeling better?" She asked .

"Morning mom!" Hope said

She had returned to the griffon last night to examin her some more

Glade shook her head slightly before awnsering

"Actualy better then I have in longer then I can remember"

Lullaby nuzzled hope after she said that. "I see. Well, is good to see you are fine." She said to Glade smilong. "Dad is going to lead you out to the talon base." She said smiling.

As glade walked with darky she had a few stares from some of the stable dwellers

Them not having seen a griffon before

Most stares she awnsered back with a glare or tryed to ignore them

But it was getting harder the closer she and darky got to the armory

Glade took her various knives, her combat shotgun, tanks armor, and tanks zebra rifle, along with various other small items and ammo

"Ok I'm ready" she said turning to darky as tanks armor bulged in her saddle bag

He nodded. Darky was carring lighter than her. He had his sword, sniper rifle as well as latge stach of ammo and his black cloack, then lead her to the vault entrance to say goodbye to his wife, daughter and granddaughter.

"Bye grandpa, be safe" hope said hugging him

Glade stood back waiting

Hope walked up to glade and hugged her "bye glade, see you later"

Glade was a bit suprised by this because she didn't know hope was a hugger

Glade felt all around awkward after that

Hope hugged darky once more before running off "I'll be in the library" she called back over her shoulder

Glade sat back and waited a bit more as the alarms and lights went off and the door arm swung out

Archived