Cafe Latte (Private with CleverPony72)

Lyipheoryia

Light smirked. "All of it, and in every-" He said, horn glowing as he cast another Privacy Shell. "Let me make something clear: If word gets out that I helped you with this, it'll turn out that you ordered some items from me, and I had no idea what they'd be used for. I was expecting them to be used in a harmless prank, not something so... scandalous! Then again, I don't really care about scandal, and a big part of my image is the fact that I can get away with pretty much anything because I'm so open about it, and only 70% of the rumours about me are true at any given time, so... maybe I will admit I helped you. But we both had good intentions, you think you can help what's-her-name, and I love love, so one less bad couple in the world is one less mouth to spit in love's eye. Now... let's talk business. Say we follow one of them, we'll need Anti-Scrying Invisibility Cloaks, ones with an Ignorance charm on them to make sure nopony and nothing around will care if they see a bit of mane or tail floating about, or hear some steps, or smell us, or whatever. Then there's the actual date... Necklaces of Niceness and Nastiness are already on the Restricted List, so 30% of the profit from each of those sales go to the guild, slapping an Ignorance and Invisibility charm on them will amp up the price even more... Then there's the question of where this ends. Do we just ruin a few of their dates? Or do we follow them and go for a full-on mind-altering campaign that ends in what'shername being happy and loving her family, and what'shisname either getting a loving family of his own, or deciding all this playing around is more effort than it's worth? The price depends on what we're willing to do, how far we're willing to go with it, and what kind of reasonable payment plan you'd like."

Starry sat, thoughtful and quiet, "A few ruined dates will be enough.  I might be cruel and eccentric, but I am not without guilt for any of my actions.  As a royal, I think my access to some restricted parts of the Royal Canterlot Library might help with some good spells.  I prefer to throw you a lump sum-one that you can use for our little...quest.  As for that, I am willing to give, per say, 1 million bits?  It would be wise of you to take it, as the values just go down from there,"

"Something else has just gone down, too..." Light said with a grin. "Any chance these dates have! Oh, I've always wanted to get into the Royal Library! Please, promise me, I can get all the knowledge and magic I need from those wonderful, amazing books! ...But not the dark magic books, those things make you evil, make you crazy, and make your face fall off, I don't want my face anywhere near those ones. But the actually-useful magic, I want some of that! I want ALL of that! Or at least all the magic that will be useful to me. Ohhhhhohoho... With this.... I can take my enchanting skills BEYOND THE NEXT LEVEL! Let me at these ponies you want messed with, I'll turn their sanity into mixed oats and EAT IT ALL, WITH WHIPPED CREAM!" Light yelled, throwing his hooves into the air and banging the desk with a leg, laughing. And then he calmed down, glad the Privacy Shell was still up. "Or, y'know, just keep it subtle, so they won't suspect anything." Light said embarassedly

Archived