Feather Touch massages. (Canterlot. OPEN!)

BeGoneThots

Feather Touch wad humming softly as he unlocked the door for the day. The soft lavrnder of his coat almost glistened in the morning light. As he opened the curtains on the fogged glass windows, his tail flicked happily. Shelved lined with scented candles and incense sticks for sale. A small sign on the counter read sale on baskets of goodies.

The stallion was happy, and moved to open the log book for customers to sign in. His business was a massage palor, and aromatherapy. He was so happy to help others relax. As he waited on his first customer he set a soft music record on the player.

Steam was covered from muzzle to hoof in mud.  And dirt.  But mostly mud.  Some colts had thought it funny to speed their wagons through a mud puddle-paying no mind to the well-dressed mare waiting there for a taxi.  Well, there was no hope for a taxi, now.  She turned her head left and right, trying to shake as much as the readily-drying mud off her mane, "Curses!  If only I knew my way around Canterlot as well as Manehattan.  Stupid invitation to the Ideas and Inventions Conference!  Stupid, stupid, stupid!" 

She was just about to start walking to the hotel, when...," Is that...oh By Celestia's Sun!"  She gave a grin towards the spa, the mud was all dried now.  She didn't even need to give a second glace: she was off to the spa!

Steam ran to the end of the street, her hooves even more muddy from the sticky roads.  She swung open the door, sweat peeling off her coat, mud splatted all over her mane and tail, and was greeted with a calming lavender scent.  "Hey...I need an emergency appointment," 

Feather looked up from his papers. "Sweet Luna!! Come on. Right this way." He said as he moved to lead her to the back. While his own facility was not as good as other spas, he did have a decent hot tub and shampoos on hoof. Takining her back to them. He turned on the water. As steam began to rise from the filling water he went to a shelf. "Any particular scent you enjoy most? I assume something to calm freyed nerves and sooth the body."

While his facilities were simple, his seletion of scents was massive. Easily occupying a full three walls of every room in the shop. Almost every scent imaginable was on the walls. All the bottles looked plain. With little more than a simple hoof made tag on each to indicate scent.

Feather looked at her and smiled. "I can guess this was not in the plan for today. So after a wash, will you be getting a massage as well?"

• 1 month later...

Starry beamed at the scents that she smelled, they were so exquisite!  But then, what would she like?  There were so many alluring smells, some appealing, some...not as much.  She thought back to her perfumes: Lavender Love, Rose Royale, Teal Trees, Airy Grace. "I think I'd like something expensive.  Not just money-wise, make the scent worth it.  Something with flowers and a hint of trees and earth-but no fruits.  Something that makes you feel one with nature, and, yes, something that calms and soothes.  I think I need that bit," She gave a small laugh, strumming her mane with her hood-yep, full of drying mud, "I'll take everything you offer here.  Massage-sure!  Aromatherapy-sure!  Anything else that might calm me-sure!  Just keep it legal.  I've had some odd run-ins with some not-exactly-legal things before.  Cost is no matter with me, as long as it stays reasonable,"

She rummaged through her saddlebag, hearing the sounds of bits would surely please this shopkeeper's ear.

Feather nodded softly and moved to a shelf. Picking up a bottle he poured a little into the water. Repeating this several times he managed to come out with a fregrance that smelt similar to a freshly rained on orchard in spring. Full of flower and earthly scents with a hint of rain. "Go ahead and soak. I will return in a moment. Jist going to set up the massage table."

He left the room. Quietly shutting the door for her. The warm water filled the room with the soft scents. The tub was full and ready. A stack of fresh towels sat nearby. And beside it several brushes to clean a mane or tail.

Starry soaked in the tub, breathing in the fresh scents and flavours. So...comfortable. The air was hot, but not stuffy. The room seemed nice, by her infrared spell. She relaxed each of her muscles in turn, smoothing out kinks from her earlier exposure to the outside. She closed her eyes, and she could almost hear a soft breeze blowing against her ears. So calming...so nice...so sleepy...

And she settled into a nap, a smile upon her muzzle.

Feather entered again once the room. Noticing she was asleep he was unsure if he should wake her. The tub was shallow. She wouldnt fall under. But he didnt want her to be startled awake by getting water in her face.

Moving close quietly he gently touched her shoulder. "Miss." He said softly.

Starry jolted awake, "I firmly believe in my previous statements, but I request a brief overview paper of your comments and suggestions.  Thank you, "  She blabbed.  It was almost automatic response, and she grimaced when she realized she was long out of the meeting.  "Sorry...I, euh, got a little carried away over there,"  She gave a sheepish grin, "Please continue, I appologize for my little 'nap'.  The water was so warm, and I haven't had a nap in forever, and the scents were so calming, and...and, it was such a soothing place..."

Starry droned on and on, trying to give an explanation for her little slip in composure.

Feather Touch smiled. "its quite alright. I have had a few guests and clients nap in the spa tub sometimes. They say it relaxes them more. So now then. How about we get all that grime out of your mane and tail? I have a few tricks that may work. And they smell lovely!" All the while he smiled happily. Servicing a customer was what made him happy. And it seemed his cutie mark gleamed brightly as he came to the edge of the tub. 

THis was his talent. Helping others relax and unwind. This is what he did best and he did it every day. He could see that she loved the scents and they were helping her to relax fully. And that made him smile. All the effort he put into making those oils and shampoos and candles and everything. All of it was paying off. 

Starry nodded, yearning for a clean mane. Plus, the dirt was starting to harden on her scalp, which was quite disgusting for a Canterlot Elite used to perfection in appearance. The scents were all so lovely, and she gave a gracious smile to the pony attending to her. Such a nice Canterlite.

She closed her eyes and dipped into the warm tub one last time. The refreshing scents and exfoliating soaks soothed her fur and relaxed her mind. She gave another smile, although this one was quite different from her usual ones. They weren't collected and cool, fit for a popular mare in the spotlight. They weren't luxurious and seductive, like her mother's. In fact, they were any but expected from a Canterlite! It was a genuine smile, one that showed of true happiness, pure silliness, and joyful indulgence. She so she smiled.

Feather came behind her. Pouring some shampoo on her mane he began to massage it in. He was working on it slowly. "The lavender shampoo is very popular. I have several clients that buy a bottle every week."

As he worked her mane he picked up a brush. Slowly and gently working the knots out as he went.

"Each bottle is 10 bits. I know it seems expensive. But the ingredients are not cheap sometimes and it takes a lot of time to make them." He finally.worked the knots free.

Stroking her mane to get it completely lathered he kept talking. "I also stock candles, incense, and perfumes. Some times I also stock seasonal scents. Like pumpkin pie or apple orchard."

"Each bottle is 10 bits. I know it seems expensive. But the ingredients are not cheap sometimes and it takes a lot of time to make them." He finally.worked the knots free.

Stroking her mane to get it completely lathered he kept talking. "I also stock candles, incense, and perfumes. Some times I also stock seasonal scents. Like pumpkin pie or apple orchard."

Starry gave a gasp," You have other scented supplied too!? Do you sell them in batches, collections, or...? I'd like to sponsor your brand-or at least refer them to a friend who can sponsor them. She owns the chain stores Easy Street Markets in Manehattan, Baltimare, and Hoofington. On the other hand, I'd like to purchase a lavender collection-if you have one, that is,". Starry gave a look at her saddlebag, draped over a nearby chair. She remembered the bits she had received from investing in a new Canterlite brand, and smiled at this other opportunity.

"Well i isually keep a few premade gift baskets ready. But i can put together a full line of any scent i have available. I run a small shop so i dont often have large stocks available."

He commented as he worked her mane. He was pleased she loved his work. But also a bit confused. No pony had ever loved hos stuff this much.

"I have a wide selection. We can pick through it all onve you get cleaned and dried. Then i can give you a full massage."

Archived