An Equestrian Tale

Qaline tensed as the door opened, then noticed she couldn't see the gryphon, and rolled her eyes 

seriously? you have to do better than that to fool me. damnit, why can't I just have a conversation with someone....

she glanced at the pegasus mare by the door. she might be a problem. she took a handful of caltrops out of her pocket and slipped a little closer to the door

• 3 weeks later...

(Probably my turn)

She frowned as she saw the seductive mare lean close to the door.  What was she doing?  She readied her wings for a fight, and they hardened into heavy steel plates.  Heavy, but good for a workload and getting rid of strange mares.  The Griffon seemed to have left, but not through the front door.  She was very, very confused indeed.

"Oh." He paused mid-step as he was suddenly approached by such an authoritative tone. Sprig collected himself as he readjusted his shades and placed both hands on his cane in a resting manner. "Good evening to you, sir. You're looking for warriors you say?" He asked the guard. Possibly talking to a guard. He mentally noted. Not many common citizens actively sought out company such as this. Nevertheless, he found it rather curious and wanted to inquire about more. "I'm sorry to inform you that I'm not particularly from this area." He apologized. "However" He continued not wishing to be entirely useless. "I wouldn't mind aiding you in your search, sir." The stallion finished with a grin.

Perhaps he did know of some brave warriors. A thought of the three mysterious voices from before bubbled in his mind. The stoic gryphon, the sly voice that disappeared when the gryphon left, and lastly the young feminine one.  What a troublesome group. Alas, he couldn't quite detect any of these voices at the moment. Maybe they truly left? Granted he didn't personally know these individuals, and honestly couldn't speak on their behalf, though,  he couldn't quite shake the feeling that they fit the bill of what the guard was asking for. "Actually... I do believe there are a few that come to mind." He spoke more to himself as he thought.

Archived