A New Adventure (please PM to join)

AuroraSoul

Aurora Soul stepped off the train and into the big city of Canterlot. It had been...well, a long time since the last time she could say she set her hooves on these streets. However, she was happy to be back after the months spent away in Saddle Arabia.

"What to do first?"

She thought aloud, shop? She did have to get back in fashion, taking a sniff of herself though, she thought a nice spa treatment would be better. Tightening her saddlebag she headed out to the nearest spa, her mind wandering a little as she walked. First spa then shopping then...probably home to see my parents...

Flicker Wick skulked in the alleyway, organizing her bag away from the harsh bright light of the sun. Yes, she loved light but not necessarily when it was this bright. Taking a deep breath, she straightened up, hoisted the saddlebag around herself and trotted into the spa tentatively. As soon as she stepped inside an array of smells and sounds overwhelmed her. It was much darker inside but the way the lighting was done made her feel relaxed and almost at home. 

Looking around for the reception area, she placed a hoof atop it and locked eyes with the pony behind the desk, who eyed her up suspiciously. "Hello," she began, opening her bag and producing a carefully packaged box of differently colored, and scented candles. "I have your order of candles." 

The receptionist looked confused and consulted a book, then nodded and handed over a bag of bits. 

Aurora Soul headed into the Canterlot spa, instantly her nose was assaulted with the frangrance of various mane care products and soap. While she thought fresh air was a better smell, this wasn't too far behind. Stepping up to the counter she nodded to a charcoal bat pony and offered a reasonable smile. Instantly she began to take in what she could about her.

Charcoal fur and a messy mane, either hurried or simply doesn't care about her appearance. She looked at the box, delivery pony. What really got Aurora though was the brilliant headpiece the mare was wearing, probably rich from the look of that headpiece it didn't really go with the look of her though. She looked on the poor side. She tipped her hat to the bat pony.

"Hello"

Flicker counted the bits at the desk, unaware of the mare behind her. Of course, she had heard the door open and the hoofsteps behind her, but she hadn't quite cared enough to see exactly who it was. All that mattered right now was the bits in the bag in front of her. More than enough for her supplies. She smirked to herself. She should sell to these spa ponies more often. 

A voice behind her made her stiffen and turn slightly. A pegasus stood behind her, her blue-ish hue lighting up the atmospheric interior of the reception. Flicker Wick realised she was staring and hadn't actually acknowledged the pony yet. At least she hadn't pushed passed her like almost every other regular pony. Ever.

"Hello," Flicker replied, nodding slightly. The preened and proper look of this pegasus suddenly made her feel self concious and she ran a hoof through her mane slowly. "Um, can I ... Can I help you?" she asked, trying to be polite.

Aurora Soul smiled and shook out her mane just a bit. The mare was staring and it wasn't hard to see why. Many stallions and even mares have stared at her like that. She blushed a little as she realized the mare was trying to fix her own mane because of her. Definitely shy.

She held out her hoof toward the bat pony. "My name is Aurora Soul and I was simply wondering what that is you have there?" She gestured to the crown on the mare's head. She wasn't one to waste time with formalities and all that, she liked to get to the point.

The receptionist behind the desk smiled in acknowledgment of Aurora "The usual Aurora?"

"In a minute please" Aurora said to the receptionist, she had been here often as a foal and still went a few times a month unless she was away. She turned her full attention to the orange mare awaiting an answer.

Flicker wasn't one for hoof shaking but she was in public and she didn't want to cause a scene. She took the pegasus' hoof in her own rather fluffy one and shook it firmly. 

She glanced up towards her head where the mare was pointing and instinctively touched the headpiece.  "This?" she said, running the tip of her hoof along the black opal star on her head. "Oh,  well. It's uh ... A headpiece." she said simply and then blinked, realizing the mare probably wanted more than that. "I think it's opal and pearl but I haven't brought it anywhere to be appraised."

She was surprised that the mare was well known here; perhaps she was a socialite around the city. Perhaps she was wealthy. Maybe getting to know her wasn't a bad idea. A wealthy friend  would be a big plus if you find yourself in trouble with the guards.

"I'm Flicker Wick." 

Aurora smiled and nodded thoughtfully as she shook Flickers hoof. "How did you come by it?"  her hoof twitched a little as she wanted to touch it, however she held herself back. Special piece, just mention of it has her touching it.

"I'm Flicker Wick"

"Well it's nice to meet you Flicker Wick"

Aurora made a gesture to the receptionist to start with the preparations. While she wasn't an extremely vain pony by any means she still needed to have a special treatment courtesy of her wing.

"Oh, I'm sorry, would you like to join me?"

It was the polite thing to do, or so her mother had taught her, besides it would give them more time to talk.

Ah. Not good. Let's not start off on the wrong hoof here. No need to let her know you're practically a thief.

"It's a ... family heirloom," she said slowy, punctuating the sentence with a stiff smile. "Handed down to me."

Flicker was prepared to leave when she saw the pony ready to begin whatever it was that happens at a spa. So when she was invited to take part, she was more than surprised. And a little anxious. She had barely ever been inside a store for an extended period of time, let alone a spa. "J-join you?"

She supposed it couldn't hurt. It might be a learning curve for her. And she did still quite want to befriend this pony. "Perhaps I will, though I can't say I've ever done this before," she admitted.

Aurora smiled more though noticed the stiff smile and a hint of something in Flickers eye, she was lying about the necklace being an heirloom, but she didn't pursue it.

Aurora scoffed a bit as Flicker mentioned she never had a spa treatment before. "You what?!" she squeaked. "Well, that simply won't do." She headed deeper into the spa and laid down in a char. Another cream, colored earth pony headed over and started to file her hooves.

"It simply amazes me when somepony hasn't had a spa treatment, it's simply divine" she giggled using a word her mother often used to describe the experience. Another red colored pony waited by the chair next to Aurora for Flicker.

Flicker silently followed her aquaintence into the spa. She wasn't a bit shocked at the mare's surprise at her lack of ... experience in doing normal pony things. She was however grateful that this pony was treating her so well. Considering it wasn't everyponies ideal scenario: spa date with a bat pony? No, she thought. I don't think so.

Flicker Wick sank into the chair and extended her hoof to the waiting spa-pony. She then looked over to Aurora, jumping slightly as she had her hooves filed. "So, Aurora. Who exactly are you? What do you do?"

She was getting used to the sensation of having her hooves done. It wasn't exactly pleasant, but it was't torture either.

Aurora smiled a bit as she leaned back to enjoy the filing. Many ponies didn't exactly like their hooves being filed, especially when it was their first time.

" Who am I? That's an interesting question. To my mother I'm a daughter, to you I'm an aquantance, to others I'm simply a pony and others still a rival. That's because I do a great many things. However, my main job title is adventurer  or treasure hunter. Whichever you prefer. I look into interesting myths, legends and...items"

She dropped the hint not subtly at all, she was incredibly interested in that headpiece. Though, she wasn't a thief or mean, she knew it meant a lot to the mare.

"How many years has it been in your family?"

Archived