Meeting an Old Friend (Private ATTN Philly)

Lyipheoryia

Starry Requiem

Starry Requiem gave a sigh as she picked up her drink.  She was her, on the drearily sunny Ponyville day, to meet an old friend.  They had re-met a few weeks earlier at a conference, and she had not hesitated in the slightest to gain his contacts.  Philly...that was his old nickname.  She gave a smile, fondly recalling memories, and took a sip of her drink.  Maybe he would arrive soon?

Philly gave a hesitant sigh as he was running down the roads of Ponyville. After a while, he caught a glimpse of Starry Requiem. He gave a smile recalling memories of her. While thinking about memories with Starry Requiem, he tripped onto a fallen branch. As he lost consciousness, Starry Requiem approached him and waited for him to rise.

She looked around, not really, of course.  She blinked, and heard the sound of an approaching runner.  Philly, perhaps.  She cast her infrared spell, but it wasn't any good at telling between ponies.  She began to rise from her seat, "Philly!  Is that you?"

Few moments later, Philly regained consciousness. As he stood up in the middle of the street, he saw Starry Requiem. He heard the voice of Starry Requiem saying "Philly! Is that you?" Immediately, Philly approached towards her while having thoughts about her. "Starry?", he asked loud and clear to the soft voice in the distance.

She grinned, "Hey...old pal!  How've you been?"  Something set her off about his strange arrival.  Perhaps it was the fact that he was a whole minute late!  Or the fact that he had been running-this was no good news to any Canterlite.  She gave an inner huff and disproved frown.  

"You're late,"  she said, in her typical way of fashion, "Well?  Sit down.  If you stand there any longer all your secrets could come leaking out,"

"Sorry for being late. I had some stuff to do" Philly said in his tiresome fashion. While talking to Starry Requiem, he was thinking of stuff he has to do. He would think them to the extent where sometimes, he had to spoil them out to Starry while not realizing it. 

((Sorry if this post is a bit mean...but that's the way Starry Requiem is.))

She stared.  She frowned.  She took a sip from her drink.  Something had changed of this happy schoolcolt she knew...and she didn't like it.  When she broke friendship from somepony, she broke it completely.  No feelings, no emotions, no loyalties.  She had let this friendship go long, long ago, but he had never taken the hint.  Instead, he chose to linger around her, until she broke it off completely by moving residences.  Now, they met again.  He might be thinking they were here to rekindle their friendship, but the truth was: they were only here for the sake of formalities.  Canterlite rules said to invite old friends out.  She was a Canterlite, and so she followed these rules.  She cared nothing about this Philly.  But she would pretend she loved him for the world, for this was the way of Canterlites.

"So...what have you been doing these past years?  It hasn't been enough years apart yet!"  A simple joke.  Could be turned both ways.  Her simple, passive-aggressive attitude which she was infamous for.

While chit-chatting with Starry, Philly felt a presence building up upon him. Philly had noticed this presence before, how this feeling of aggression can become infamous. Perhaps the feeling of anger when being abused my somepony. "So...what have you been doing these past years?  It hasn't been enough years apart yet!" said Starry Requiem. "Meh. Nothing much...been soaked up lately on stuff. You?" said Philly...desperate to know what Starry was up to.

((Okay...Philly hasn't even sat down yet...))

Starry turned to him...she stared straight ahead, "Do you read the news?  That should answer your question well enough," 

She gave a cryptic smile, before turning back to her drink.  To truth, she really wanted this meeting to end.  She had met him, she had exchanged a few words.  Good enough.  Now...to find a way to leave...   

"Do you have any engagements later?"

Starry asked: "Do you read the news?  That should answer your question well enough," "Not really...reading isn't my thing." Philly replied.

As he sat down to take a drink, they both exchanged a few words. He was hesitant to leave as soon as possible because he needs to be somewhere else.

"Do you have any engagements later?" said starry. "Nah. Not really. But I have to leave soon. Gonna have to go somewhere else later." said Philly.

As Philly noticed the quickness of Starry's motivation, he now was suspicious. He thought all of a sudden how some ponies could be a infamous.

While walking home, he wondered, "Is this really Starry? Could it be?...Nah. I'm just thinking things. Better think straight."

((Erm...I don't know how you used to rp, but...that was a strange post.  First off, Philly hasn't sat down yet.  And they literally talked for 5 seconds.  She asked two questions, and he leaves?!  That kinda stuff doesn't happen in a planned-ahead-of-time meeting.  And...Starry hasn't said goodbye.  Or dismissed him, for that matter.  It would be very rude to suddenly say like 7 sentences, not sit down, then suddenly be walking home.  It doesn't make sense, time-wise.  Please edit your post to make a bit more sense.  Thanks!))  

((I see you edited your posts.  I'm still confused though-they are talking and talking...and then, he walks home.  I see a significant time gap that cannot be fulfilled.  Please edit that, as Starry cannot resume until the eternal time-hole has been filled.

Edit:  Better yet, just delete that post and post a new one entirely.  That would make it a lot clearer so I can make out if the post has been edited or not.))

Archived