Working on a group of OCs

Sky

I just wanted to write out some stuff I've been working on, and maybe get some critique!~ 
I have no idea how these forums work, I'm kinda just going on the seat of my pants and seeing how we go.

So, one of my mains is named Sky Blue, full name Sky Goshdarn Awesome Blue. She's... A very comedic character, and while she can have EMOTIONS she's generally used for silly things and fun interaction.

Ref by Sparklebloomswirl

lbYW2wh.png

(Stormy Skies' origins are a bit complex, and not important to the idea here, so, moving on)

She calls herself the Cookiewitch, due to her love of cookies and ability to weaponise them with magic.

Her 'rival' and actual best friend is named Lucille, who calls herself the Sandwitch, ref here, once again by Sparklebloomswirl.

9BGhGWE.png

Anyway!

I'm currently working on a group of characters, and wanted to get some input + possible ideas for additions.

So far, we have -

Sky Blue, Cookiewitch, a slightly psychotically cheerful blue mare with a love for cookies, burning things, and teddy bears.

Lucille, Sandwitch, a maker and seller of sandwiches, as well as an extremely critical critic who critiques sandwiches.

Frederick Van Ralimanderia The Second, The First, a Steamage, a stallion with an igor named Ricky, who lives in a huge old castle, shouting about how he's such a villain, and has done horrible things and is rEALLY EVIL. Actually a sweetheart.

Ozzie Luximbur, ROCKmage, a musician who can't handle being heckled, with a seemingly inexhaustable source of guitars.

Scarflandiara, Scarfmage, a quiet stallion who tends to wear a LOT of scarves to keep himself obscured, who also uses scarves as makeshift appendages when he feels the need.

Candy Calliera, Socialwitch, a mare who loves to meddle with relationships and friendships, to try and 'improve them', such as tying two friends together with bungee cord because they need more cuddles.

Nina, Metalwitch, a metalworker who doesn't take any crap from ponies, extremely stubborn, and cheerful about it.

Sewn Stitches, Plushmage, a stallion who prefers to stay at home and act out conversations and interactions with his many, many plush ponies, to try and prepare for the day he's confident enough to leave his home.

The basic idea is taking somewhat mundane things, such as steam, ROCK (music), cookies, sandwiches, and so on, and giving them a mage who is good at manipulating those things (but not much else).

They tend to be very... Loud and cheerful. Very comedic characters.

The point of them is that they're... Well, the title of the group is a tossup between the Magevengers and the AWESOME GROUP OF REALLY COOL PONIES. And they work to solve problems and save the world, even if saving the world means putting out the fires they start, or getting ponies out of trees.

Any thoughts, fellow writers?  :smirk:

Archived