The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

"scratches...scratches...tiny tears in the flesh....how annoying." Killjoy said as the vines were cut before they hit the ground, her helmet was now off "so annoying...." a blank stare peered at the priest. Though stabbed in multiple places, her body kept moving forward "you put holes where they don't belong...that's annoying..."

Solar went eyes in disbelief "Incroyable..." 

Killjoy kept stepping forward as the blood from her body dripped from the ground, some vines managed to get though grazing her all around her face while some stabbed into her body "and still....putting holes..." she grabbed the some of the vines and tethered it to her arm before pulling the priest towards her. 

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limbo tensed up and released his vines, then forming his hands to fire out a few magic blasts, "Stay away from me you disgusting mortal! I will not be made a laughing stock by the likes of you!"

Oaklys eyes open as he caught Hazels hand, "CLOSE YOUR EYES NOW!" He yelled as he charged a bolt of lightning in his hand and stood up. Oaklys katana, still in the ground behind the Priest now, lit up with blue electricity. Oakly grit his teeth as he fired the bolt from his hand at his katana. Stryker moved in front of Solar and Hazel with his back to the fight, he stretched out his coat shielding them as the bolt hit the katana creating a blinding Ark flash. Limbo was caught offguard as his magic blasts ceased and he stumbled forward closer to Killjoy, his back was slightly burnt from the ark flash behind him, "Blasted child! I'll rip you limb from limb!"

Suddenly, a hand grabbed the Limbo by the face "got you...." she said in a monotone but a twisted sadistic grin grew on her face "you don't need your arms...anymore" she quickly grabbed both of Limbo's arms and kicked his chest sending his torso flying into the wall of vines as his arms dangled in Killjoy's hands. "you wont be needing your legs...either." Killjoy's sword shredded through Limbo's legs now on leaving his dead and torso. his screams of agony rang out in the air. Killjoy chuckled "Now you know what it feels like." her foot pressed down on the side of Limbo's face "to be absolutely helpless..." muffled screams were heard but instantly stopped after a loud crunching sound. 

Solar got up and stared in awe "holy Sh|t...."

Killjoy just stood there looking down at her work. Blood dripping from her fingertips, she brushed the side of her face as the blood smeared all over. Her eyes held no signs of life, just an empty shell as if dead. Though after a few seconds she blinked a few times and came to her senses "wha..." she grabbed her head as the pain set in with her violent side going back into the depths of her mind.  She look around spotting Everyone but getting a bit woozy from the blood loss "Is...everyone ok?" she asked taking a step but falling to one knee.

Oakly got up to rush to his mentors side but Hazel zipped over to Killjoy, embracing her in am emotional hug, tears welled down her face. Oakly sighed and instead went to retrieve his katana, Stryker smirked with admiration for such prowess, he took a lighter and tossed it aflame on Limbo's corpse. "The Lady of Death in action, I'd hate to see you if you're opponent was any stronger." Stryker had a point, Limbo was only the first Priest, as part of the Nine, his brethen were stronger. "Still, I don't think theres a man or beast alive that can defeat Killjoy. Not even my own Father, or Malacath." Oakly said as he examined his katana before sheathing it.

Trax and Malacath sneazed simultaneously and gave each other a confused glance, the room was quiet as they silently leaned in to hear them speak, but neither did. Then Malacath smirked deviously, "Bless you." Trax frowned with disbelief having been blessed by a Vampire.  

"I got cocky...that"s all" Killjoy said putting an arm around Hazel with a sigh of relief "Stryker...take the head before it burns and sack it up, I'll be taking a stop on the way home." she said trying to stand back up, but it was futile "Hazel, you can still use the healing ability can't you?" she asked.

Solar didn't know what to say, even though he knew that Killjoy wasn't at her best, but still it impressed him. "Such fury...definitely the wrath of mother protecting her child. I think if the devil himself came out of this earth to take Hazel, she would destroy him to protect Hazel...no doubt about it. Such iron will cannot be bent."

Stryker dipped his head and preceded to take the head off the main body. Hazel nodded wiping her tears away, "Y-yeah, Spring and I are still the same person." She said as her hands lit up. Oakly checked the cart and began calming the horses down, "Where will you be stopping?" He asked curiously.

"Malacath will be getting a present..." Killjoy said simply "a message...if he wants Hazel....he's going to have to go through me first. I'll kill anyone who tries..." she started to feel her body get strength back as the Hazel's healing started to close up her wounds. "Luna trusts and is counting on me, I must not fail."

Oakly and Stryker exchanged glances, "Maybe I should accompany Solar and take these two to Canterlot, seeing as how Hazel is now a target." Stryker suggested as he tossed the bagged head next to Killjoy.

Inside a broken down building, 8 pairs of glowing purple eyes dotted the room. 

"Limbo's dead."

"Who killed him?"

"Some Order Member... she's widley known as The Lady of Death. Malacaths daughter is the target, capture and bring back to him."

"So then, who goes next? Boss?"

There was a silence as one of the eyes closed in thought, a small flame lit up the face of the closed eyes as He reopened them. The tattoo of a cross was on his forehead, his long hair tied back in a ponytail, his purple eyes slit like a snake. Treachery, the Ninth Vampire Priest, their leader and their strongest. "Lust, Gluttony, retrieve the daughter. Harm her, and I will kill you myself. Greed, tag along, but keep your distance, see what you can learn about this 'Lady of Death'. Heresy, Violence, and Wrath, to Lord Malacaths side. Fraud and I will situate ourselves as seen fit. For the Nine." He ordered simply with hardly an emotion. The other seven members replied in unison, "For The Nine!"

"No Hazel stays with me." Killjoy said getting up "Hazel needs to be by my side until this over. where she goes, i will follow, no exceptions." she looked at Hazel. "this is how it must be for a while." she glanced at Oakly and Solar "you two stay on your course, Stryker what you do is completely up to you, either stick with me while I take Hazel back home or go with them to Canterlot."

Oakly nodded and hopped up into the cart preparing the horses, Hazel stuck to Killjoys side still healing her wounds till they were shut with minor scaring, "There, but they'll still be a little bruised." She told her mother solemnly. Stryker rubbed his chin in thought, "I will accompany you back to the Manor, no telling if his friends are far behind." He decided finally. "All ready Solar?" Oakly asked the senior member before he caught Hazels stare, she turned away huffing but with a slight blush. 

"bruising isn't enough to hinder me." Killjoy said before nodding to Stryker "fair enough, then let us be off. Luna will want to know everything that's happened today." she said walking back to the direction of the Manor. she used a lot of energy so running wasn't an option.

Solar gave the thumbs up "ready to go." he said climbing onto the driver seat of the wagon "I'll be driving the rest of the way I suppose."

Hazel went under Killjoys arm to steady her, Stryker took the lead, sending out magnetic pulses like an active radar.

Oakly nodded and looked back at the battlefield, seeing that the drivers corpse had been turned to ash by the ark flash, a single breeze kicked up the ashes and swept them into the air. "Yeah lets go."

Solar swung on the reins as the horses went forward. "This ordeal definitely put us behind schedule, but Luna will understand once Killjoy tells her what happened." he said looking back at the three walking in the opposite direction "be safe out there." he said quietly.

"I'm fine Hazel, you don't need help me walk." Killjoy said reassuringly "It's not that bad."

Oakly glanced back at the trio wishing them luck, "Hopefully Limbo's friends aren't the types to harbor grudges." He said turning back around.

Hazel sighed, "You say that now, however you like to put it, you still aren't immortal you know." She told her grumpily. Stryker stiffled a chuckle, only Hazel could say that to her, if he said it he'd be punched.

"not immortal...but d@mn well close to it. At least, that's what I want them to think. A mortal that can't die...a scary thought to anyone who tries to go against them." Killjoy replied "anyway, what's left is only slight bruising...its not like my leg is broke."

"that's the plan..." Killjoy said as she looked around. every twig snap and leaf drop she heard and everything that moved did not escape her sight. "I never liked these forests, especially now since the sun is going down, and we still have 15 miles from the Manor..."

"There's nothing in this forest which frightens the likes of me. Of course, if you let me carry you, we could make it there much faster." Stryker suggested, he knew Killjoy was too exhausted to expel her ability, but he wasn't. Hazel would have no trouble keeping up.

Killjoy thought for a moment, but like always, her pride gets the best of her and wouldn't imagine being dependent for even a minute "I will not be a burden, not now, not ever. how can I be what Evil fears f I'm carried off after one simple fight?" she said keeping close attention of their surrounding "anyway, its not just the local wildlife that roams these forest at night..." 

The sun went down as the moon took it's place. Loud howling and other beastly sounds echoed through the forest. Killjoy sighed "we are going to need something to see through this darkness..."

Hazel zipped away for moment and returned with a stick dipped a flammable liquid she'd made from plants, "Spring has learned alot, you'd be surprised the scary things she knows from studying medicine." She explained, Stryker didnt argue and just sparked two of his axes together lighting the stick into a torch. 

Trax stood frimly still with his eyes closed, he suppressed a sigh with a slight hint of annoyance, "Appearently personal space is term non-existant in you're vocabulary." He said simply. Surrounding him was Wrath, Herecy, and Violence, all wearing light black robes. Wrath was muscular man with short spiky hair, Herecy was a thinner man with long hair in a ponytail, Violence was a big brawny man with huge dreadlocks half way down his 7 foot tall body. Malacath sat upon his throne, chuckling at the very sight, wondering if his Right hand could actually take them on. He held up his hand and snapped once. The movement was almost nonexistent to the un-trained eye. Trax now stood with Wrath on the floor, Traxs boot knife just inches from his heart. Heresy was in a head lock with a blade to his throat while Violence was stopped with Traxs hand to his forehead, the hidden blade just a wrist flick from his eye. But, Wrath also had a conjured spear aimed at Traxs heart. Violence with a dagger to Traxs neck, and Herecy with a sword to Traxs head. Malacath decided Trax was a skilled mortal to be reckoned with indeed, but in this case, he would most likely only be lucky enough to kill one of them. At the same time they all retreated back, "Heh, not bad mortal, but you'd still be dead regardless." Herecy commented with an evil chuckle. "I say he and I should take this outside and see who really wins." Wrath insisted cracking his knuckles angrily. "Normally I'd say go ahead, but our job doesn't involve him in the slightest, leave him be. For now." Violence said sternly, he made eye contact with an annoyed Trax, seeing all the seriousness that would kill them all without a second thought. That sense of Death made even him think twice about a one on one fight, no way this man and the other mortal were normal.

((Are werewolves a thing in this?)) 

((Yeah but not the way you are probably wanting, they are mostly going to be feral and stuff.))

Killjoy grabbed the torch "Well as long as you don't instantly find the need to poison me, I think we are fine." She said holding the torch up and already seeing shiny eyes everywhere. "Hopefully they hate fire...."

Killjoy thought for a moment "wait...you say mostly...then whats th-" she was cut off as heavy rapid footsteps came towards them as a large wolf like creature shot out of the darkness with its claws reached out, Killjoy shoved Hazel behind her "Werewolves!" she yelled grabbing the werewolf's arm and driving her fist into its elbow bending it backwards before judo throwing it into a tree as cracks formed into the trunk. Killjoy took a deep breath, just that took some out of her. though obvious by the display of the werewolf only making cracks into the tree. Though it wasn't going to stop her "Just stay behind me Hazel." she said as she heard more howling as others were drawing near.

Stryker wipped out two large hatchets and threw them out, then he spun around using his magnetic pull to swing the hatchets around, slicing through anything in its path. Stryker retrieved his hatchets and sheathed them back in his coat, at that very moment, an entire circle of forest around them fell down. Hazel looked around, "Thats one way to clear shrubbery."

"while we have this time, lets get what we can and build a fire." Killjoy said approaching the dead werewolf and pulled out a dagger making a deep cut into a vein "I'll spread this around the camp. it will stop the regulars from coming in. Though sometimes the bigger ones....different story." she said pulling the corpse around the clearing as the blood trail made a circle around the camp. "as soon as the sun rises, we move." she sat down with her back on a stump as she let out a sigh of relief "busy day..."

Archived