The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killjoy felt her body give as she rested. Her eyes became heavy as if anvils were attached to her eyelids. She tried keeping awake, if she fell asleep, she couldn't watch Hazel. Though with all her effort, it was all in vane as her eyes finally shut and she slipped off into sleep almost instantly, she even let her sword fall from her hand. "welcome home...Red" a faint voice rang out as Killjoy found herself in a dark abyss. She looked around knowing all too well of this place she was in "Like I said before, you aren't going to win over me." she called out only to hear laughter in response as a darker version of herself but her eyes were black as night as blood dripped from them. Skin was pale as ice and with the most chilling grin on her face "Just give it time, I'm already having influence over your mind, you tend to forget I was here ruling this mind for most of your life. This head of yours is mine and you know it." she said putting her hands together "you're slipping Red, getting sloppy and weak."

Killjoy growled "The only weakness that I have is you, without you I could've lived a better life and not spend the rest of it in regret!" she yelled in rage. The Dark Killjoy laughed "you're a murderer Red, you didn't need me to figure that out, you already had a vast knowledge of violence the day you came into this wretched world!" with a wave of her hand an image appeared of a drunk father brutalizing a small child with dark red hair "that knowledge only grew with age...what you don't realize is that you created me, your desire for revenge caused you to snap and poof...here I am doing the dirty work you Wished to do." she said calmly. Killjoy grit her teeth, everything she said was true and even she knew it. "that's not my life anymore, I'm through with mindless killing." she said firmly but took a step back as her darker self was only inches away "you're never through killing, as much as you say it isn't you, IT IS YOU, YOU STUPID WH0RE!" she yelled in anger "do you honestly think Luna and Shade can help you get rid of me, how brainless are you!? Everything you have done has just stalled the inevitable!" 

Outside of her mind, Killjoy's body twitched all over as faint groans came out of her mouth.

Stryker glanced over at Killjoy, "Leave her." He said as Hazel stood up, "She may suffer but she needs the sleep, keep next to her, your physically stronger than I am." He told her as he started the fire.

"There is always a way of getting rid of you!" Killjoy said in confidence. "The only way you can ever get rid of me is to kill yourself...I'm a part of you, to destroy me, you must destroy a part of yourself. You fool, I've said this so many times and yet you still persist on this impossible idea. You can't just say "I'm not like that anymore." and expect to get away from all that We've done. Thousands of lives, you may have lost count but I haven't...I know the exact number and it only grows. Though now a bit slower, but still the numbers ARE rising." The darker self said as blood covered her hands as Killjoy realized they were both standing in a large knee deep pool of blood stretching for what seemed like a mile. "This is how much blood we've spilled from the lives of 3,293 people. Take a good look Red, this is how much you have to erase to get rid of me. Can you honestly say that there is still a way?" she asked with a grin. Killjoy looked down seeing as her own hands were now covered in the same crimson. Then all around them scenes of her atrocities grew up from the pull as they surrounded the two. Killjoy was losing and the darker self knew, there wasn't much time left. "I didn't think so...soon, I'll be the ruler of this castle once more...I'll make you suffer for keeping me trapped....you have my word. Once I'm back in control, Ill kill the people you care for most...slowly...painfully and make sure you see every second of it as they look at you in utter betrayal!" she said with a chilling laugh. Killjoy screamed in rage as she charged going for a punch but instantly woke from her sleep screaming as he elbow slammed into the stump as a large chunk broke off. She quickly stopped as she realized she was now back in the forest. The sun was just peeking over the horizon. Killjoy's breath was heavy as she grit her teeth before punching the ground "D@mnit...."

Killjoy sighed as she relaxed. "Do you..." she paused "have you ever done something that haunts you...every time you close your eyes, it's there...no matter how hard you try, it always come back?" She asked looking up at Stryker "have you done something you regret to the point it drives you insane?"

Stryker poked the fire, causing embers to swirl into the sky, "When I was younger, when first learned to weild a weapon. There were these other kids, they tormented me because they believed themselves better... We Scandians are known for our Berserker Rage during battle. One thing lead to another, and I ended up in prison at the age of 12 for killing three other boys in my village. Spent five years there before I was released by the Village Leaders command to join the military. I may have been in a rage, but I can still see the horrified looks on those children's faces. To be honest, you'll never forget what you've done, it will always be there." His eyes shined as he stirred the fire again, "My secret for getting past it, surround yourself with friends, you'd be surprised how their presence calms that inner demon inside. I'll tell ya one thing, that Blue Reaper guy and You, aren't so different. Just like you, I can see it in you're eyes, you're both fighting a battle on the inside. Though in his case, he's probably fighting so he doesn't become the demon that you now fight. You're fighting so not to go back, he's fighting to not become it in the first place." He chuckled loudly, "Now look at me, thinking I know all this psychological stuff." He sighed and calmed down, "I can't tell you a sure way to get past you're demon Killjoy, but I can offer my Friendship, if you'll have it?"

Killjoy looked at her hand, the blood still burned into her mind "forget...how?...how does one forget the things I've done...?" she whispered to her self as her hands rolled into a tight fist. Stryker had some wisdom in the matter, but, she still wondered on the thought of just a simple thing like friends could possibly suppress the Darkness inside. She could understand it working after only killing three...but in her case, it was thousands...how many friends does it take to suppress that? Killjoy now had more questions than answers. She then thought that she might be think too logically "friends..." she said aloud as she looked down at her adopted daughter and thought about Luna, and Shade who was more of a father to her, not exactly friends but more so. She already had three people who loved her even after knowing whats lays inside her. It kinda started to make sense to her, but then it hit her, she realized that she's been distancing her self in terms of emotion, After everything, she still hasn't told Luna how she felt. Though Luna knows without her even saying a word, but she knew that Luna wants to hear the words. She looked down at Hazel, she's acted more like a guardian than like a mother to Hazel. She thought about opening up but a flash of her darker self appeared inside her mind. She shook her head, it was risky, though she knew what had to be done. "How about we settle whether or not we be friends at the Tavern once we get back?"

((Lol I meant to say you'll never Forget, but it wont let me change it. We'll roll with it.))

Stryker nodded his understanding, "Sounds like a plan. Now, its your turn for watch, goodnight." He said before laying back and nodding off.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

((Alright can't think of anything to put so we will just time skip.))

Killjoy opened the door as the two followed her in "we're back." She called out as Luna instantly started coming down the stairs towards them "that was fast, ho-" she noticed Echo was there with them "Echo, I thought you were with Solar and Oakly." She said now a bit confused. Killjoy sighed "there were...altercations. a Vampire priest attacked the envoy and so I'm making sure Echo stays with me until a better plan can be made." Killjoy explained as Luna noticed the blood stains on Killjoy armor and the puncture holes, a frown came across her face "you got hurt..." she said looking down.

Killjoy took a step forward and put her hand on Luna's chin bringing her head up "that's my job...and my job is to protect not only our daughter, but also you. These wounds are a small price to pay to fulfill my duty. No amount of pain will keep me from both of you." She said but there was a long pause as Luna was in shock, that was the first time she has ever heard anything from the heart come out Killjoy's mouth. Even Killjoy realized what she just said and went bright red. Luna quickly embraced Killjoy tightly trying to keep the tears back "Then you better not leave me, even if you die, I'd still kill you..." she said softly as she tightened her embrace. Killjoy smirked "of course..."

Luna let go of Killjoy as she wiped away what's left of her tears. "Oh, I forgot, there has been a slight change of plans, we will all be going to the Capitol. I forgot my sister is holding her annual grand party at the castle. We will all be attending." She said with a smile. Killjoy looked puzzled but I-" Killjoy was cut off as Luna lifted a finger "I have it covered, I hope you like blue...."

((Alrighty, also it Hazel, not Echo, but I can see where the confusion came from. Its Either Hazel or Spring, split personality type.))

Stryker heard the talk of a fancy party and grew nervous, "It's been awhile since a formal event, but if needed, I will comply." He admitted with a sigh. Hazel bounced up and down clapping, "Yay yay! A party! I love parties!"

Oakly sneezed as they approached Canterlots front gates, "Why do I get the feeling we're going to be surprised with something." He muttered with a groan, his body was still a little sore from using his ability to a limit he wasn't used to, he was shocked he actually pulled it off in the first place.

Two cloaked figures waited by patiently in the tree line out of sight. "The Daughter isn't with them, which means shes probably back at their HQ under better guard." Lust said as she watched the carriage near Canterlot, Gluttony sighed next to her, "What should we do now? Greed?" She asked licking her lips. Above them in the trees, sat a third cloaked figure, his glowing slit purple eyes starred down the carriage. "Boss always taught us patience before the kill, we will wait."

((right...ugh my brain hasn't functioned properly in so long.))

Killjoy just looked blank "um...blue....?" she asked as Luna nodded with a sinister grin "I'm going to give you quite the makeover Blue Skies." she said with a giggle. Killjoy's right eye twitched "a-ah....great." she said with a nervous laugh."

After an hour or so Luna stood in the main hall as she waited for the rest of the group. Her dark blueish purple dress was a master piece of design and elegance. "come on, we're going to be late!" 

Anyone who knew the difference between Spring and Hazel, could tell by how they dressed. Spring was elegant and graceful, Hazel was eccentric and spunky. The dazzling green and yellow dress practically signified Spring like her namesake, her long light brown hair tied into a large braid and draped over her shoulder. "This whole multiple personality thing is becoming an annoyance, and realizing I'm the second one, is depressing." She said monotonously, her expression was blank but anyone her knew her well could tell it was bothering her. Stryker walked up to them wearing traditional Scandian noble attire, classic red and green, "I did practice a little politics, I can pass myself off as a Scandian Noble." He glanced at Spring, noticing the change in attitude and appearance, "You look beautiful Lady Spring, like the flower prairies of my homeland." Spring blushed and brightened up a little, "Gratitude, Lord Stryker." She replied with a wink and nod of thanks for his support.

After a long explanation and a show pass from Headmistress Luna, Solar and Oakly were let through the front gate by the angry and confused Guard. "That could have gone better, but why did they ask us if this what we were wearing?" Oakly asked curiously looking up at the sky.

Luna smiled "you two will do splendid, fit right in no problem at all." She said as she looked up the stairs "Red, come on, get a move on." She called up. "Ok, one moment!" A somewhat annoyed voice yelled back. Luna just giggled. Finally steps were heard, then revealing Killjoy's complete transformation. Instead of red shot hair, it was now long elegant blue flowing as she walked. Her eyes were now deep blue diamonds shining brightly. To top it all off, the firm fitting Dark blue silk dress went down to her ankles as the right side of the bottom split exposing her right leg. Killjoy stopped in front of Luna "is this....ok?" She asked as her face glowed red of embarrassment. Luna just stood with her mouth open for a few seconds before shaking out of it "I'll be willing to bet a few bits that will be the most beautiful woman there....Blue Skies." She said more proud than ever of her work.

Solar shrugged "we both look like we got our rear ends beaten into the dirt, of course the guard is going to question our attire when it comes to the greatest party in all the lands held by Celestia herself."

"You look absolutely gorgeous." Stryker commented with a slight bow, Spring smiled innocently, "Headmistress Luna will have her fair share of trouble keeping the Men away from you." She said jokingly, looking at the two side by side now, she wasn't sad at all if her true self considered these two as her parents. Any child would be lucky to have Luna and Killjoy.

"A what? Nobody said anything about a party! We cant go looking like this!" Oakly yelled out in a panic.

Killjoy's face went even more red as Luna laughed "I think my only concern how many hands of men will be broken, which by the way, Red, I'm sorry but keep the bone crushing to a minimum. We don't need all the bachelors hospitalized..." she said with a laugh but serious. Killjoy sighed "I'll try my best."

Luna's face looked as if she just remembered something "OH, I forgot, Killjoy, your talents will be needed at the party as well. Sorry, it was all short notice." She said apologetically. Before Killjoy has time to retaliate, Luna turned and opened the doors revealing a large and we'll decorated wagon "let's go!"

Solar just stood there "eh I didn't either, I just remembered what day it was and know of Luna's forgetful nature and just figured we'd all be attending."

Oakly threw on a look of annoyance, "Just my luck to not be ready for a fancy party, do we have anytime to stop?" He thought to himself, then shook his head, "By now I'm sure the Castle has been told of us, no detours." 

"Calm yourself, knowing Luna, she's probably planned for this and had outfits ready for us.  It will be fine, we just need to get to where we are supposed to go to get whatever Luna needs. Then we go to the nearest Inn and await further instructions." Solar said as he looked around for an alchemy shop.

Luna and Killjoy sat side by side in the carriage, Luna did nothing but stare at Killjoy with a lewd look on her face. Killjoy just fiddled her thumbs as she tried to keep her eyes on what's outside the window. "Luna, can you stop? You're making me uncomfortable..." she said quietly to Luna. Luna giggled "forgive me, I just never realized how lovely you look in blue. Oh I forgot, the final touch to your disguise." She said putting a pair of stylish glasses on Killjoy's face "there, now no one will expect you to be the most wanted mass murderer in all the kingdom." She said with a smile. Killjoy now looked annoyed "gee thanks...." she said looking back to the window. Luna smiled "no problem," she said completely oblivious that what she said was completely insensitive. "Ah, we're here!" She yelled excitingly. The guards opened the large gate into the castle as they yelled the arrival of the princess.

Oakly sighed in the carriage wondering what was taking Solar so long, they were parked in front of an Alchemy shop, took them a few hours and about ten people to find it. He heard noises from the next street over and poked his head to the side, "You'd think Royalty just show-, Buck! Solar, She's here!" He shouted inside.

((just trying to accommodate the time gap for When the others made their journey to Canterlot.))

Spring starred out over the forming crowds, feeling a little nervous of the situation but kept calm. Stryker smiled and waved awkwardly, not used to the attention being in their general direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Solar burst out of the door leaving the shop keep on the floor picking up the bits he accidentally dropped in haste. "ok I got it, lets go!" he yelled as he jumped onto the wagon.

Luna stepped out the wagon with Killjoy locked onto her arm as they both waved to the crowd before entering the main hall of the castle. Luna grabbed Killjoy's hand and held it tightly "ok...you got this love. I'm counting on you to keep your true identity a complete secret." she whispered quietly. Killjoy nodded "you don't have to worry about that." she replied. Luna looked around "where is my sister....thought she'd be greeting us."

Oakly slapped the reigns and the horses sped forward, "Meeting the Rulers of Equestria seemed like a fantasy, now I'm gonna be meeting both soon."

"Apologies, Princess Luna, you're Sister sends her regards as she could not make it to greet you. She had to attend a meeting with the Local Lords. She sent me in her place, welcome back, from an old friend." The sweet and beautiful voice came from the double doors atop the stairs, there stood Octavia Melody, dressed in an elegant black stary dress. Flanking her were a young man and young girl, and to much everyones surprise, the young man was a striking resemblance of Oakly but with lighter hair and lighter blue eyes wearing the Equestrian Military Garrison uniform. An arm band on his left arm signifying he was Black Ops division. The young girl looked like Octavia but with silver hair and lighter violet eyes, she couldnt have been more than 10 years old. Stryker and Spring stood dumbstruck staring at Kasey, attempting to comprehend what they were seeing, "Huh?" They said in unison tilting their heads to the side.

Luna smiled "I appreciate that you've Come to greet us Octavia, might I introduce my companions here. This lovely woman to my right is Blue Skies, she Wil be helping you provide the entertainment. The little girl behind me is Spring, mine and Blue Skies' adopted daughter. The man beside her is Stryker, he's come from afar so I'd figure I'd give him a taste of Equestrian hospitality."

Luna looked at Kasey and (viola?) "It's been so long since I've seen them Tavi, they are growing up to be quite the spectical. Soon you might have trouble with all people flocking towards them for their hand." She said with a laugh. 

Killjoy looked at the three but didn't bother saying anything. She glanced at Kasey, she knew what he was just by his eyes. He had the eyes of a trained soldier, probably the best in Canterlot. Though nothing compared to her, it would still make things complicated if something goes wrong.

Archived