The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

((lol Yes its Viola))

Tavi dipped her head to each of them respectably, she glanced back Blue Skies again, sizing her up and sensing something off about her. As she looked at each of them more, she noticed each of them had something... about them, setting them aside from their present identity. "Indeed," Tavi began as she motioned to the young man beside her, "This is my son, Kasey, a Corporal in the Equestrian Black Ops division. He's also head of my Security." She added with a proud smile. Tavi then took the hand of the little girl beside her, "This little angel here is my Daughter, Viola, she's becoming quite the Violinist. We could be doing a MotherDaughter duet concert here soon, she'll also be helping out with the entertainment as well." She looked at Blue Skies pleasantly, "Do you sing or play?"

Kasey examined the group carefully with and calm light blue gaze, he could tell Princess Luna  hasn't changed  much over the years, she always was this friendly to his family. The three with her, were another story to him, and he couldn't figure out why they interested him so much. Spring was beautiful, perhaps he was drawn to her by natural instinct? Stryker, Scandian by his dress attire, had very broad shoulders and was obviously a muscular man beneath his clothing. He had the air of battle surrounding him. Then there was the woman with Princess Luna, Blue Skies, those blue diamond eyes had an almost red glare coming off of them. But it wasn't just that, he felt a sense of unease around her, reminding him of his last combat mission. That sense of being in War. He quickly changed his demeanor, going with a happy-go-lucky smile, "Welcome to Canterlot, please make yourselves feel at home, a real pleasure to meet you all." He told them sincerely. Viola waved to them happily with an adoring smile, "Greetings everybody!" She said out loud, Stryker smiled and waved back as Spring admired Viola's child innocence.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luna and killjoy just stood with a blank face "Luna...?" Killjoy whispered "yes love?" She whispered back "I thought you said they needed a violinist...but there is one right there..." she whispered now more annoyed "pianist, violinist, same thing..." Luna replied as her smile twitched "Luna...those are completely different, I haven't perfected playing the piano yet. I was supposed to play the violin!" Their whispers got louder slowly making it obvious what they were arguing about. Luna huffed "then improvise, just pick songs you know well and work with what you got!" She said as they both growled at eachother. "Fine!" Killjoy whisper yelled. Killjoy looked at Octavia "I'll be playing the piano." She said acting out a higher voice tone to cover her identity. "I'm not very good, but there are a few songs I can play well."

Tavi smiled sincerely, hiding her knowledge of their squabbling, "Wonderful, can't wait to play along side you. Shall we show you to you're rooms-" She began as a second carriage approached them. The air practically went still as Tavi, Kasey, and Viola went wide in shock. Oakly hopped down from the front seat, he waved to Strkyer and Spring before continuing to tend to the horses. Stryker and Spring waved back awkwardly in unison, wondering how he missed his twin atop the stairs. Kasey felt his legs move on their own as he stepped down the stairs, approaching the young man who resembled him so much. Oakly paused with what he was doing as he heard footsteps closing in, he turned slowly on to come face to face with a mirror image of himself starring back at him. Oakly then starred past his look alike, seeing the beautiful woman and the young girl, a familiar feeling washing over in waves. All his life, Oakly only knew his Father to be is only family, now he had a mother and two siblings. Not only that, but he had a twin. Oakly swallowed nervously, feeling his body shake a little, "I..." He began before his twin suddenly hugged him, "Its been a long time, Oakly, the rest of the Family's been waiting for you. My names Kasey, and behind is our mother, Octavia, and our little sister, Viola." Kasey told him as he let go. Oakly was frozen with shock, tears began to form in his eyes, "I... I have a Mother... a Brother... and a Sister?" He muttered softly. Tavi had tears rolling down her face, this was the first time she was seeing her Son since he was born, a Son she wasn't able to nurture and love. Viola suddenly ran down and jumped onto him happily, "Hi big brother! Its so good to finally meet you, you can just call me Vi or Lil Sis!" Oakly had caught her and dropped to his knees before he broke down crying as he held his Sister. Kasey bent down and joined the hug, "Be easy on him Vi." Spring and Stryker smiled as they watched, happy for Oakly. Tavi wiped her tears away and motioned for them to follow, "Shall we go inside to show you to your rooms?" She said attempting to sound formal through her much joy and excitement.

Luna looked at Octavia with a puzzled look. "Tavi, I've brought your son...you should be down here. We can find our rooms on our own I'm sure. I insist you meet your son now that he is old enough to have conversations with. Catch up a little before the party starts." She said pulling Killjoy by the hand "C'mon Blue, let the family have their bonding. You too Stryker and Spring. Let's go find our rooms." She said going passed the door as Killjoy glanced back at the loving family "must be nice...." she whispered before going forward with Luna.

Tavi sniffled before breaking down and rushing down to join her children, Styrker stood aside till they were all inside before following, Spring glanced back as well. "I wonder if Hazel would be the same way meeting her Biological Parents?" She asked herself quietly before the doors shut. 

After some time, the newfound family found their way inside, and were now talking by the pool. Stryker sat submerged up to his neck in the water, eyes closed as he enjoyed the calming pool. Spring rested her head on her folded arms as she relaxed on the pools edge halfway in the water, she watched as Oakly chatted with his Mother and Siblings. "You don't think He'll leave the Order..." She mumbled out loud. Stryker opened an eye, "If he does, it'll be his decision alone. For now, let the boy have this, we should all be so lucky to meet our own flesh and blood for the first time again." He then smirked, "Why, are you going to miss him if he does?" Spring turned around and slunk into the water growing bright red, with half her face submerged, she mumbled something unreadable. Stryker chuckled mildly before closing his eye again, "It's a few hours now, the meeting must be a difficult one."

"My final answer, is No." Celestias voice was stern and deep with annoyance, her straight face gave away no emotion, except for that slight glint of restlessness in her sparkling eyes. The Princess sat at the head of a long table with 20 Lords sitting on the sides evenly, each wore a respected coloring to their garrison knight armor, according to each individual coat of arms. Each Lord lived in a specific major Town or city, to help govern its people, and to help guard it. As with all types of Rulerships, it has its moral and ethical flaws. Todays topic: Widening of the Draft Age Range, from 18 to 30, to 15 to 60. "You're Highness, our enemies will not stop pressing their attacks until we show them how big our Army really is!" One Lord pressed, "You speak as if you have already enlisted this new age range." Another commented, argument went on causing Celestia to sigh tiredly. A few Neighboring Countries have started to raid the borders, and the sickness that raises the dead has been troublesome to contain. Not to Mention the silent threat of Vampires, but for now these Lords only knew them as Legend, and thankfully she knew someone was handingly them. Speaking of which, the thought occurred she had missed Her dear Sisters arrival because of some Ignorant Lords. "Enough!" She boomed loudly, "Its been 6 hours since this meeting started, I'm calling it to and end for the Day, as we do have a celebration to hold. We will reconvene tomorrow, Meeting adjourned."

Moments later, Celestia walked out of the room letting her bright multicolored dress flow behind her, "When am I going to have time to Date if I am always making sure the local Lords stay out of trouble?" She asked herself with exhaustion.

"Well I can give you some tips if dating is your concern sister." Luna said as she tightened her grip on Killjoy's arm "maybe if you actually talked to a man, you might find a date, or you can go my route and stick to women instead.I can think of a few that would swing that way for you." She said with a giggle "I mean C'mon Tia, you obviously aren't trying that hard if you haven't got a boyfriend/girlfriend yet."

Celestia frowned, questioning if her Sister even remembers how time consuming ruling over a Kingdom really is, "Finding someone wouldnt be the issue here, its having the time to put myself out there in the first place." She sighed, "Welcome back home Luna, and lovely to see you again too, Blue Skies." She added with a pleasant look to Blue Skies, her Sister had brought her here a few times before, she liked that her Sister found someone to love and cherish. Some of society would argue against same sex relationships and marriage, but she didnt mind it, Love has no boundaries to her. "The party is being setup as we speak, Tavi and Little Vi will be providing the nights entertainment along with a few others, including Miss Blue Skies. However, I have heightened the security due to recent events with Tavi's family, she believes her childrens Dad is some trouble. Not a whole lot to go on but She is a dear friend, don't suppose if you've heard anything about it?" She inquired hopefully. 

Luna stayed silent, she did know what Nameless Trax was up to, but it's times like this one where withholding information is the best course of action, plus it could give away the suspicion that she has been running an underground organization. Luna shrugged "I've heard nothing about such matters, you tend to forget I rule here too sister. I may not dwell in politics as you do but you know as much as I do, I have my fair share of work that needs constant tending to. Like law enforcement, military actions and little things here and there. We have our strengths and we keep to them." she replied glancing at Killjoy with a smile "so there for, you have no excuse to be single Tia." 

Killjoy just bowed her head to Celestia in silence, even attending the party every year, she never got used to seeing the number one person who wants her head just feet away. It felt like any closer and Celestia might sense the death and horror. "Forgive me, we should hurry down, I believe the party is about to start, at 8pm like always."

Celestia let out another deep sombering sigh, not wanting to argue between Politics and War, "Then maybe I'm just being too picky. Yes, let us go, I need this relaxation." 

Downstairs, Spring watched Oakly and his family continue talking at a table, she and Stryker sat at another a few feet away. "I guess it is about 20 years they're catching up on." Spring sighed, they had gone from the poolside to the ballroom for the party to begin. Stryker took a sip from his cup, which seemed timy compared to him, "Now you're just being impatient." He commented before catching a table knife close to his face, "Ah, just what I needed." He said as he began to stir his cup. Spring rolled her eyes and blew some of her hair out of her face, unable to find an excuss for why she was so interested in Oaklys family.

Luna sat on the balcony along with the other noble guests as they discussed on how wealthy they are and the things they have bought. Luna sighed in boredom as she rested her head on her hand "I hate rich people...." she mumbled to herself. 

Killjoy sat on her seat behind the piano awaiting Octavia to start. She discussed the songs she knew well with Octavia before coming out to the stage, so the music should go smoothly. The only thing she hated now was the amount of eyes watching, judging, waiting. Killjoy's eye twitched as her paranoia started to show.

Celestia shot Luna a warning glance as she heard her sister mumbled such dangerous words in this environment, most of the nobles weren't very friendly towards Luna as it was. She knew her Sister was never a fan on Politics, it wasn't her world to be in. In short, Celestia took on the Political side of the Kingdom, while Luna focused on it defenses and Wars. Though in the recent years, as the Vampire activity went down, Luna's appearances diminished for awhile. This was the first time in nearly six months since Celestia had seen her little sister, what was the cause?

Octavia and Viola walked on stage with their respective instruments, grabbing a microphone, Octavia greeted the crowd. "Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen," She then turned to bow towards Princess Celestia and Luna, "Princesses, and our esteemed Guests." She glanced at Stryker and Spring, who nervously and awkwardly waved. "Tonights music is presented by myself, Octavia Melody, my daughter Viola Melody, and the lovely pianist, the beautiful Blue Skies." She let the crowd clap before set the microphone on the stand and sat down prepping her cello. Viola picked up her violin and rested it on her shoulder at the ready, she began with nice and soft tune, then Octavia followed in with a deeper melody resonate for Blue Skies to top it off. 

Luna rolled her eyes at Celestia's glare. She knew that she walked a narrow path of thin ice due to the increasing dislike of her between all the Nobles. Though if only they knew what she has been doing to let all of them to continue to talk about senseless subjects like purchasing large items of no use. Letting then flaunt their wealth to the poor. In truth Luna despised all the Nobles. All of them born with a silver spoon in their mouths and everything given to them and then push themselves into politics as if they know how the world works. Luna looked at Celestia "forgive me for asking, but what was that meeting about?" She asked.

Killjoy took a deep breathe as the melody started as her fingers started to press the keys of the piano in sync with the other instruments.

Celestia sighed in disgust as she turned around to talk away from the nobles, "A good number of them are wanting to widen the age gap for the war effort. The recent skirmishes on our western and southern borders, most likely thats the cause of this. I have been fighting it, but even with my vote and yours, its looking like we may lose. A few more of the Nobles have just recently decided their For the Draft Widening. I think their just wanting more Soldiers like young Corporal Kasey, thinking that if they start them off young, they'll become like him." She looked down miserably, "More kind hearted and loyal Soldiers for them to wing off to war. It's becoming tiresome." She then bit her lip grimly, "Maybe if you were around more, We could have prevented this."

Luna scoffed "in other words they want a repeat of what happened years ago." She said crossing her arms "and you know who I'm talking about, we took "HER" in as a child and thought the exact same thing. Orphanages are the best place to look right? Maybe, but you know as much as I do, you take in one tortured soul and give them the power to decide who lives and dies...a monster rises up and can dismantle us from within. They can't see that people need time to mature before being subjected to such things. Sure you can argue that there is no way of telling if they are mentally unstable unless it's obvious. The thing is its that argument that makes this draft rediculous. "SHE" hid her insanity very well until she got into a position of great authority and look, thousands of innocents died, and on top of that we are lucky "SHE" disappeared instead of coming back here after YOU ordered her company to kill her." She explained "we rule this kingdom and yet we submit to the Nobles....We might as well toss our crowns because they obviously mean nothing anymore." She looked back down onto the stage and watched the three play. "We HAVE to do something sister. We are basically rugs under their feet. We made the mistake of letting Nobles have their own armies and now they have more power than we do." She turned to Celestia with a very serious look "let me reform the Black Legion..."

Celestia grit her teeth, "Absolutely not." She hissed quietly so not to disrupt the Nobles and draw attention to them, but a few were already caught by idea of the Black Legion. Celestias face was contorted with anger, the tragedy of that day was the biggest failure of her rulership, a bloody stain in her white cloth. She was afraid it would happen again with Kasey, but he had proved her otherwise with his undying service and loyalty. "Not to mention the fact you bring up Her around me, and now you want to form he Black Legion again? How would you even go about doing that? You're hardly ever around as it is, and now you think forming the Black Legion is a good idea?" She inhaled then let put a calming exhale, "No, the Black Legion is only for Wartime, and we have declared no such thing. Violence breeds violence, we must make a stand for Peace." She said more calmly.

"So, Spring, is she your girlfriend?" Kasey asked curiously, Oakly coughed on his drink, "No no no!" 

"So she's available?"

"HeII no!"

Kasey chuckled, "Calm down man, I'm only joking, but she is a pretty one. You have to admit that." Oakly glanced over at Spring as she listened to the music, "Yeah.... she's, beautiful..." He whispered to himself. Kasey smirked and took a sip of his drink, "So, a bodyguard for Princess Luna?" He began questioning. Oakly grew nervous and scratched his head, "Yeah, same as Solar, Blue Skies is her significant other, and Spring is their adopted daughter. Stryker is a Noble from Scandia on vacation, a guest of Princess Luna's." He said awkwardly. Kasey raised an eyebrow, "So you're a Soldier?" Oakly shook his head, "Its a complicated situation, I guess I'm more of a Hired Sword." He admitted, he hated lying to his Brother but technically it wasn't entirely a lie, all things considered. He needed to change the subject quickly, they'd already talked about their early lives, "So, what made you want to join the Military?" He asked quickly before taking another sip of his drink. Kasey sighed and practically lit up with pride, "Well, I guess it's mainly because our Father was Former Black Ops, one of the best too. I enlisted at 18, scored well enough to catch their recruiters attention, and next thing I know I'm being sent on all sorts of covert missions. In fact," He leaned in close, "I even heard some of the Brass mention something about the Black Legion, and all of the Black Ops division is already a shoe in for a spot." Oakly lifted an eyebrow in confusion, "Black Legion?"

Luna huffed and leaned up to Celestia's ear so the Nobles couldn't hear. "It's not a secret that everyone here questions our rule. We don't have enough of an army to back us up if sh!t goes south with these snobs. I want to reform the Black Legion because these people haven't grown a brain and gathered up to over throw us, which they can easily do! You give me a year and I can have 1,000 loyal soldiers, a lot of former legion soldiers are still living in Canterlot, I can even have Kasey lead the Black Legion so we don't have another disaster. If we do nothing, our kingdom will go to ruin in less than a century, all of our hard work will go to these mindless Nobles. We have to show OUR authority, OUR word is law and final! I refuse to be a doormat..." she leaned back glancing back at the Nobles "mind your own business, get back to you socializing!" She said sternly.

Celestia was unmoved in her decision, "Always thinking war is the solution to every problem, that violence and bloodshed is all there is to this world." She trained her eyes on the stage to watch her dear friend play a sweet melody for them, "I will not approve of such actions, I suggest you reconsider your current plan of action, Dear Sister. Now, if you will excuse me, I'd like to listen to our lovely musicians the rest of this evening." She said softly but sternly. The Nobles behind them began to quiet down so they could hear the music better, hardly taking notice of the Princesses behavior at all.

"A Legion of the Finest and Best Soldiers in Equestria, 1,000 Men and Women ready to Serve the Princesses to their dying breath. My plan for if it happens, is to get my Squad accepted right away. Being the number one on the Black Ops Top 5 practically writes it on our foreheads. Of course its all at our Princesses discretion, but I like to have a positive attitude, you know?" Kasey babbled with a genuine smile, Oakly had to hand to his Twin Brother, he was more accomplished than He'll have ever be. After two successful missions, Kasey's Captain put him in full charge of their squad for his third, it went so well he was recommended by the entire squad for his own Squad to Lead. After that, he was deeply respected by his own Soldiers, and his Command even offerd him the rank of Major. Oakly sighed with a smile, but Kasey had to much respect his former Leaders and fellow Soldiers, he stuck to his Corporal Rank and received his chosing of some their most unique and rare weaponry. All the while, Oakly fought off and invisible enemy to the public, and disguised himself as a Mercenary with no Flag. Though he wasn't ashamed of his own life, he was just proud of his Brother. 

"war...it's what makes the world go round and round...and soon dear sis, you will come to realize that violence and death is the only true language of this world. You pray for peace without fully understanding people, they ALWAYS want something in return...a never ending cycle of greed. The only true way to obtain world peace, is to march to war." Luna thought to herself as she crossed her arms and listened to the music, her eyes focused on Killjoy and sighed "if only my sister knew...just how close SHE really is"

As the song ended Killjoy took a deep breath before starting the new song 

Luna's eyes widened in surprise of such a voice. ((song's Effing Beautiful by the way. I guess soon after this, vampire priests attack to kidnap Spring/Hazel, fighting starts and events reveal that Blue Skies is Killjoy.))

((Actually I was planning something a little different, the party should be nice and calm. Tomorrow, they decide to leave since Celestia and Luna aren't on good terms, on the way back they get ambushed. Plus I wanna throw in something a little tearbringing.))

Celestia closed her eyes as she enjoyed the song, her sister sure knew how to pick them. Viola and Octavia followed in as back ups to her. The room was in a trance as they listened to the beautiful symphony being played for them.

((Well I would like to have something where Killjoy's cover is blown. I love a good surprise though. Let's meet in the middle on this then where we both win here. Got any good ideas?))

((oh I have an idea, yeah Malacvath can come in clapping but not know Blue Skies is Killjoy. Malacath gets mad because of Luna's interference with his plans and tries to make an example out of her by killing Blue skies, but when he throws the punch (which could kill any normal human easy.) Killjoy blocks the punch and pretty much hits him, Malacath now realizing it has become a stalemate, retreats. Though during the confrontation, one of Killjoy's contacts fall out and boom, cover blown, and still room for the ambush!))

((Mind if I have it be Herecy? The 7th Vampire Priest? Malacath will still be there with Fraud and Treachery, so she still surprises them, Trax will be there too, but he only recognizes her through seeing Spring and Stryker, putting two and two together. ))

((eh works for me, I guess we can set the scene up, so the song has ended and Herecy comes in with the slow clapping acting like a baller until he finds out someone that can kill him is in the very same room. Ok Trax, hate to have you post twice in a row, but you know.))

As the song came to an end, the audience applauded gracefully, but as it died down, there remained one still clapping. "Well done, well done indeed." The dangerous voice belonged to a tall thin man with a long white ponytail, his gleaming blood red eyes spelled it out for anyone who knew of his species existence. Behind him stood four other men, the first one was an older gentleman with gray hair and beard, his blood red eyes gleamed in the dim litted room. The second man looked much younger with a bald head and goatee, his dark green eyes had an evil about them. The third was a mysterious looking one with a plain combover haircut, his eyes were a deep purple, and he had a silver cross tattooed on his forehead. The fourth caused Oakly and his family to freeze in shock, Trax stood at the back meeting Oaklys stare evenly. All five wore nice formal suits. "Allow me to introduce myself and my compatriots behind me. I am Heresy, behind me is Lord Malacath, Fruad, Treachery, and Nameless Trax. We are here on behalf of our species, We are Vampires." The crowd gasped but there were a few scoffs from some of the rich folks attending, Heresy glanced back at Malacath, who returned back with a nod. Suddenly the room was silenced as Heresy flashed around the room and returned to the middle with a woman in his grip, his fangs sinking into her neck, blood trickled out as the woman was drained completely of her blood. The thud as her limp lifeless body hit the floor, had the whole room in a deathly stillness. Heresy wiped his face and grinned, "Now that we have any doubts out of the way, lets continue. As part of our Return to your reality, we will be causing some havoc here and there, maybe a town or city gone within the next week. But dont panic, this is just us simply teaching all you mortals, who the real dominant species is. So without further adue," He flashed behind Blue Skies with his hand swinging in a chopping motion aimed at her neck. Trax whispered under his breath, "Wrong target."

Archived