The Night Hunters (private)

Killjoy

Trax clenched his fists as rage began to build up inside at Killjoys arrogance, but he knew a fight now would do no good. For now it seemed as she would somewhat assist them, probably due to the fact that her pride had been damaged in her bout with Treachery. He himself was sure he was close to unlocking his full power, but his theory would be the biggest gamble of his life.

Famine and Shadow exchanged glances with subtle reactions. "Even her complements carry venom." Shadow joked unamused, Famine closed his eyes as if to focus on a thought. "Whoa, last time I saw you do that, we laid waste to a small country." Famine waved his hand at the reminder, "No measure of that sort, instead, I am rather intrigued by our Sisters condition. From now on you will remain with our siblings, train them in any way you can, assist with their cause but do not fight for it yourself. Also, as an olive branch to our Sisters' Lover, I've brought along an Old Friend of the Horsemens." Behind Famine appeared a rather stylish looking man, his black and white suit completing his middle aged handsome face, "The knowledge he possesses will prove most valuable to them in the upcoming Battle they face."

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killjoy turned around to see Trax holding in something. "Did I say something wrong?" She asked completely unaware of what just unfolded. "Is it because I called your son useless, strike a nerve?" She asked "not that I care, I mean it's the truth." She turned around and kept walking.

After a while, the doors to the mansion opened as Killjoy walked In "tadaima!" She yelled. Soon Luna rushed down the stairs but saw that Oakly wasn't with them, and Killjoy's eyes were showing a different self. "Where's Oakly, and where MY Red?" She asked sternly. Killjoy shrugged "The plan she thought of didn't work, and so Oakly is going to be staying there for a while. As for Red, I'm right here, just the other side." She leaned in with a sly smirk "hello lover" she said with a chuckle. "I'm not your lover, I love the true Red, you're a monster." Luna said crossing her arms. Killjoy laughed "oh come on, I'm not THAT bad, I only killed a few people." She said. Luna growled "you killed thousands of innocent people." She replied in anger. Killjoy forced her arms around Luna "Oh don't be like that, innocence is just a matter of perspective, to you they may be innocent, but to me they were vermin that needed to be exterminated. If you lived crawling through the filth like I have, you start to see people's true nature just by looking at them. Everyone has a dark secret to hide, not a soul on this earth that is truly pure." She said with chuckling. Luna struggled a bit before getting out of Killjoy's grip. "Everyone has made mistakes, but it's not worth dying for." She argued. Killjoy shrugged "again, it's a matter if perspective."

Trax stepped between them, "Putting perspectives aside, we should start pressing effort into assuring victory." He reminded them sternly, giving Killjoy a warning glare. "Perhaps the smartest thing you've said all day." The sour remark came from soothing but firm tone as Tavi stood in the doorway to main hall, Vi peeked out from behind her with worry. Kasey came from the opposite way, instantly noticing Oaklys absence, in a flash he drew his sabre and stabbed it into the wall to his right, cutting off Hazel who paused at the movement. The room became stagnant with tension, an air unease swept over the group. Trax dismissed Tavi's remark, knowing it was from her rage of Oakly being left behind to suffer. Hazel was frozen stiff at realizing Oakly was still gone, "You left him?" She croaked as if the words pained her to say.

"Well in our defense, there really wasn't much of a plan in the first place, my other me tried desperately to get the boy back, even willing to give up her and my own freedom in exchange. So please, let's all glare at both of us as if we could have done something differently. Yes we left Oakly because it was clear we failed, what did you expect us to die trying!?" Killjoy argued as she glared at everyone. "Wishing for results from an impossible outcome." She chuckled "and we can all blame me for all I care, but it's not getting him back." She looked at Tavi and Kasey " even as soldiers, you two must understand that right?" She said walking into the dining all "I'm hungry, I'm going get something to eat while all of you create a hate circle and eventually maybe come to a decision on what to do next." The door close behind her. Luna clinched her fists "as much as I hate to say it, she is right, what could we have expected?" She said quietly "I hate the fact that Oakly isn't back as much as all of you, but Killjoy isn't someone to just give up until exhausting all possible options. So now it's up to us as a whole, if we are to get Oakly back, the only option we have is a large scale assault to end this."

"Agreed, Kasey, start-" Trax began but was cut off unexpectedly, "Don't even start, I don't care you how strong you are, don't even pretend to take any kind of Leadership." Tavi's words were like arrows to his chest, cold and stern, she moved across the room to Kasey. "Let's start talleying our forces and resources, you and Killjoy had a plan, lets fine it down." Kasey nodded with great respect as he sensed the leadership her tone came with, his Mother had switche back to her former glory again. Trax watched them head off in conversation, he noticed Hazel still stuck in a death-like trance, he thought about saying something but decided against it, "The rest of the supplies should be here shortly, I'll go make sure sure their sorted and paid for." He said monotonously before flickering away. Vi ran off with determination on her face, heading towards Father Shades Armory. Hazel felt her legs give out as she fell to her knees, tears streamed down from her eyes, "Its all my fault.... they took him cause I couldnt protect him.... I couldn't...."

"Anything you'd like in particular?" Stryker asked as he came out from the kitchen, his wounds were but scars now thanks to Hazels ability. His eyes searched Killjoy with an analytical stare, sense a change in behavior and movement, he took a guess at what must have happened. So this is Her?

Killjoy looked at Stryker "something unhealthy and artery clogging with lots of fat and gravy. Something that will fill me with absolute regret." She said chuckling before sighing "I'm finally free, but for some reason all urge to do what I've spent years longing to do is gone. It's that stupid Vampire's fault, it was after that brawl...it's like my brain was hit in the right place and now, everything is...together." She huffed "I guess that figures..." she thought for a moment "oh and the stiffest drink you git to go along with the meal, the bottle will do, I don't know why I even try, my body doesn't allow me to get drunk anymore...also a cigarette if you got them."

Stryker eyed her for moment before nodded his head and vanishing into the kitchen. A few minutes later he appeared with a few plates of gravy lathered fried steaks, thin fried potato slices, and burgers. He then pulled out a square glass bottle with scandian writing on the label, "Wyvern Scoth Whiskey, imported from the isles of Scandia, said to be brew from from the lake where the Wyverns come every hundred years to drink from." He announced as Trax walked in. "Excellent, pour me a glass before she drinks it all then." He said before taking a seat and laying out a few ledgers to work on. Stryker poured him glass and slid it to him before setting down a few cigarettes and a lighter for Killjoy. Trax caught the glass with ease and gave it a whiff, "Now that's whiskey."

"That it is..." Killjoy said quietly as she sighed. She pulled the plate if steaks close to her before grabbing a fork. She took the dagger out of it's sheath, she slid the blade across the meat as it passed through as if the meat was made of water. "I'm guessing you're in here for a reason then, you don't normally accompany me willingly so I assume you wish to talk about plans." She said putting the piece of steak into her mouth. "Or maybe you were told to keep an eye on me by your so called "siblings" because of what is happening right now, ugh why does it matter, even if they did, why would tell me about it?" She took a massive bite out a burger, not bothering to chew much as she swallowed and taking another bite. She downed one burger is a matter of seconds before moving on to the next, and the next. In all her years, she was never graceful with her meals, nor generous. Like a ravenous animal, her teeth tore through the cooked flesh, it reflected her past of never letting anything go to waste, even in a house if luxury. Though Luna tried hundreds of times to teach Killjoy table manners, it was all in vain.

Trax shook his head, "None at all. Actually, I'm pretty sure I relate to you more than anyone else here at the moment. Which I'm not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing." He sighed reluctantly, the stress of family bonds seemed to wear him down most of the time, but were a force behind his newfound prowess.

Killjoy gave Trax a puzzling look "relate...to me...?" She laughed "how could you possibly relate to me? I don't seem to recall anything about a "blue eyed reaper" doing anything I have done, nor do I recall millions of wanted posters with your name and face on it. I don't recall you having a single issue showing your face in public. If anything, we are quite different. Please explain what exactly you and I have in common to relate to me more than anyone here." She said finishing off the burgers and fried potatoes and moving back to the steak.

Trax chuckled with amusement, "It must get lonely, down there, in your pit of despair." He took another sip of whiskey before he continued on his ledger, "In my line of work, having no face or reputation, known to everyone, means success. I never left anyone alive who saw my face, my reputation as the Blue Eyed Reaper was known only as a white mask to my employers. Yes, we are very different, but live in the same world. Like two side of the same coin." He paused in his writing, "I speak of the life we'd lived, and the lives we've taken, the innocent lives we stole. But as you put it, there is no such thing as innocence. Perhaps you are right, or maybe not, the debate is left to perspective. Then I'll put it another way, we killed those who have not killed at all, stole from those who had only their life as their sole possession." He shrugged and started to write again. "Of course this is all my perspective, only speaking my mind, nothing more."

A knock sounded at the door to the mansion, an Order member went to inspect, he then turned nervously to Luna. "M'Lady, it's for you." Behind him, Shadow waved with an innocent child-like smile and behavior, a second man stood behind him dressed handsomely in a black and white suit.

Killjoy raised an eyebrow "But it's that mask that puts us so far apart. Sure we both killed those who have not, but here's the thing. You killed yes, but compared to me, well you're a saint. You killed for fortune, I killed for the hell of it, for sport if you will. You're life was in the underground, in the pit like me, but still you can roam all around the world without that mask and become no one. The flaw in your reasoning is that you are free to leave and live out a life the way you see fit. You aren't trapped in the underground, in the "pit of dispair". We live similar lives, but yours is by choice. You chose to abandon your family to live the life of a mercenary, a life of fortune." She argued as she finished the steaks as she took a large swig of whiskey. "And perhaps if you hadn't taken such a life, we may have never crossed paths long ago, and maybe you wouldn't have that grudge festering inside tour heart." Her dark red eyes pierced deep into his as she pointed the gravy soaked dagger at him "And all your so called friends would still be alive enjoying your company at the taverns."

Luna sighed ignoring Shadow and looking at the the man with him "And who do we owe the pleasure? I must apologize, we aren't exactly ready for visitors, we are dealing with a but if a crises at the moment." She said trying to keep her stress from showing.

Trax met her stare evenly, then continued writing, almost dismissing her entirely. "As much as I enjoy your twisted view of this world, I didn't come here to argue, as much as you love to. I came here to enjoy a drink, finish this ledger of expenses, and share-" He paused mid sentence, the air had changed, like how birds stop chirping when a predator goes into prone before it pounces. He couldn't place it at first, but it came to him quickly, he set his quil down hesitantly. He imagined this feeling, was the same as when a cheetah senses a lion approaching as it ate it's latest kill, the warning sign of a stronger predator in the area. He glanced up at Killjoy, guessing she sensed it too, but ignored the fact as he could have predicted. Caution wasn't a word in her vocabulary, even if it was. Still, the feeling was greater than when first met Shadow, and that was what caused him to be extremely cautious. What was even stranger, was the similarity to how he felt upon meeting Treachery.

Shadow sulked away in a corner, "Thats cold...." He mumbled sadly. The Man in the suit smiled subtly, he had felt the tension before he even arrived, and guessed it was a touchy subject. "No harm done M'Lady, in fact it is we who should be apologizing." He said with a slight gesture to a sulking Shadow, "Our arrival was announced and quite frankly bad on the timing." He gently took Luna's hand and held it up to place a light kiss on her back of her hand, this was done elegantly and without pause. The Man was smart, he knew this tactic would be useless against her, however charming he was, he was not Her type of quarry. No, He did this by muscle memory, it was something he'd done for so long he didnt have control of it most of the time. "Please, may we sit down somewhere with your friends and family, I have information that would probe most useful in your upcoming battle."

Killjoy's eyes just glanced at the door, she saw Trax's hesitation and stood up. To her, the presence felt challenging. "If anyone is going to be top dog in this house, it's me." She mumbled as she walked to the door with her hand grasping the handle before pulling the large wooden door open seeing someone she has never seen before. She crossed her arms unamused at the character in front of her. She looked at Luna with with a raised eyebrow. Luna quickly jerked her hand away "yes, the dining hall is bug enough for evefyone, but I didn't get your name." She Said trying to keep any more conflict from happening.

The strange man took a slight bow, "Forgive my manners, I am Caesar, Caesar Valentine." He said silverly. His tone of voice and posture gave him a very appealing, and approachable, demeanor. However, to those who could sense danger like a sixth sense, Caesar far outweighed Shadows. Shadow recovered quickly and zipped over to them, "No relation to little Ally, just a funny coincidence." He added studiously. By now, others began to appear hearing the new voices. Tavi came back holding Hazel at her side, Kasey peaked out from behind. Vi and Ally appeared from behind a corner, curiosity was a like flame in their eyes. Stryker stepped out from behind Killjoy still washing a mug, "I'll prepare some drinks." He said half heartedly, he had just finished the days dishes, and was currently cleaning his last mug. It was Hazel who first pointed it out, she sniffed trying to clear her tears away, "You're a Vampire, and you're old, older than my Father." At this, all eyes turned to Caesar. Shadow put both hands up innocently, "We just came to talk."

Killjoy stepped forward "well it better be good, I'm honestly not the mood for any more vampires. The powers inside her were reacting on its own to Caesar's presence, but this time, they were far greater than before, as if unconsciously compensating for the difference power, like there was something influencing such strength. Luna nervously smiled "Well I'm sure whatever it is, it will be useful in one way or another. So let's all meet in the dining hall and discuss. Shall we?" She asked nudging Killjoy to the side "let's not destroy the house." She said as Killjoy backed away as she turned to follow Luna through the dining hall door. Luna sighed "for once in your life can you not threaten every stranger that comes into the house?" She whispered. Killjoy shook her head "of course not, they need to know where they stand in this house." She answered. Luna groaned "We are humans, not animals striving for dominance." She argued. Killjoy chuckled "humans or not, we all strive to assert dominance over their territory."

"What would happen if you failed to assert such dominance?" Caesars question was genuine, held no tone of threat, not even a hint of challenge. But the presence of him walking behind them was overwhelming. Trax turned his head to the side to watch them enter, but what he saw nearly made him jump. He saw a dark and powerful aura behind Luna and Killjoy, every fiber of his being screamed for him to attack before this Monster could move first. Suddenly Caesar smiled as he caught Traxs eye, "Greetings, you must be Trax. Caesar, a pleasure." Instantly all threat was erased, Trax flinched as he felt no danger from this Man, only a calming approachable presence.

Killjoy glanced back at Caesar, her eyes were that of a Predator that has fought for the right to live its entire existence, the scars of long fought battles were a clear reminder of that. "Well you should know that answer for it's quite simple. The weak dies while the strong takes what they fought over." She said coldly as the looked forward. Even though it was clear that the new comer wasn't a threat, the power inside her body was going ballistic trying to come out and face the overwhelming force. Though to Killjoy it made sense, naturally the power of War will eliminate anything that is powerful enough to challenge it. Killjoy kept quiet. Luna waved her hand to the large table "please, everyone take a seat." She said still nervous with all the tension.

As everyone moved to take their seats, Caesar went through the motions with all women. He was adorable when it came to Ally and Vi, even cheering up Hazel. He was especially courteous when he met Tavi, in turn, She made sure to be a little playful in front of Trax. With everyone seated, Shadow began with a little more introduction of Caesar, "As you all know, Caesar is a Vampire, and as Hazel pointed out, he is very old. As an official introduction, this is Caesar Valentine, one of the First Vampires in history. Also known, as an Original. He, along with his Father, Mother, two brothers, and Sister, were the First Vampires to walk this earth." A few surprised glances were exchanged amongst the group. Caesar waved for Shadow to sit, "Unfortunately I am also the last of my Family. My Parents wanted world domination, two of my siblings sought to eradicate Vampires and be the only ones, while my little brother wanted to kill all life on earth. As a firm believer in a free Life, I killed my Family and their followers. Took me a single night." Trax starred in disbelief, his siblings and parents had to be at least as powerful as him, if not greater, and he killed them all in a single night.

Killjoy sat completely not amused or interested "That's a...real...tear jerker of story there." She said sarcastically "love the part of the heroic Ceasar killing his own brother to save humanity. It's just like one of the cliche fairy tale." She said with a chuckle. Luna glared at Killjoy "Red, stop talking!" She said sternly. Killjoy just put her hands up "whatever you say. All of It's bullsh!t" she said to herself. Luna took a deep breathe and looked at Ceasar "please continue, what information do you have of our enemy?" She asked politely.

Caesar nodded and went grim, "I am going to give you a way to defeat the remaining Priests." Trax perked up with immediate interest as Caesar continued, "As of now, Killjoy and Trax stand no chance of beating the top 4; Violence, Heresy, Fraud, and Treachery. Working together, will only work with Violence and Heresy, but not the other two. Without unlocking you're full power as a Horsemen, you will die and so will everyone you love." He now looked to Killjoy and Trax, "Famine has told me you both have reached the max height of tapping into it, but have yet to fully grasp it. As Shadow will tell you, it is something you must find within yourself, failure to do so will Kill you instantly. Then the lineage will continue to another." Kasey raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Thats the secret?" Caesar shook his head, "No, this was more of a reminder to them, because even with the knowledge of their weakness, at their current strength, they would still lose.  Along with their weaknesses, I am also giving you a plan. First part, Trax will face both Treachery and Fraud. Second part, Killjoy will keep her focus on Malacath alone. Leave the others for me, I believe there is something else at work here and I aim to guide it a little." He said winking at Kasey, the young man swallowed nervously guessing he was meaning his deal with Greed. "Follow my plan, head my advice, and with my knowledge of the Priests you will reign victorious. Except Killjoy, she'll endure a lot of pain before she can defeat Malacath." He added with a gleeful smile. Trax found himself frozen in disbelief, hesitating at the thought of facing Treachery and Fraud alone.

"Well then, what's another scar or two to the library of injuries. Though here's the thing,we don't exactly have time to mess with awakening our powers, right now we have to get Oakly and Celestia back." Killjoy winced as she held onto her head "And we have to act now because Malacath will break Oakly and who the f##k knows what is happening to Celestia." She growled at the pain in her head "But here we are talking about "secrets" to victory when that was the plan the entire time. Of course I take on Malacath, that's obvious.  Yes we have to awaken but time is a luxury we dont have, though you have to explain this all again...to her." With that, Killjoy's head hit the table unconscious. Luna quickly got up and rushed around the table, she brushed the hair off Killjoy's face and sighed "I'll get her to the infirmary, please continue without us.." She Said as she took Killjoy in her arms and started to drag her out.

"Allow me." Stryker said softly as he picked Killjoy up and started to the infirmary. Caesar nodded, "She is right about a few things. Which is why you will attack Canterlot within the week." Kasey nearly fell out of his chair, "What?" That was sooner then they planned, true the last of the Black Legion would be arriving any day now, and their weapons would be getting the finishing touches, but so soon? Caesar continued, "Malacath is known for his plans to fall into place without skipping a beat, in fact, I am sure his plans include a group of you to bypass the defenses entirely. Which is what you have plan, no? Celestia and Oakly will both be alive, as they are both keys to his endgame, ones he cannot afford to lose. Sad to say, but Oakly was doomed the moment he was captured, and Celestia is too important to be harmed. I have known Malacath all his life, he did a similar plan to win the love of his late wife." He added with a glance at Hazel. "Killjoy and Trax will need to awaken themselves in battle, that is the only way. The reason I say within the week, is because He knows you can prepare for years, and still not be enough to present a threat. Time cannot be considered a luxury because it's useless, only working in Malacaths favor, you never had it to begin with. Everything you have done up to now, Malacath has counted on it, in fact He needs you to attack him so his plans can succeed. Which is why he has Celestia and Oakly, and holds the People of Equestria hostage, making it so you have no choice." With slow glance around the table he continued, "Now, on to the information of the Priests..."

Stryker gently placed Killjoy upon a bed in the infirmary, the head nurse came over to them immediately, "My Lady, what happened?" 

Luna just smiled at the nurse "just an irregularity that took more out of her than usual. She'll be fine, she just needs to rest a little that's all. She should be back on her feet in a few hours, maybe less. I would say to make sure she stays in bed if she wakes up early but, there really isn't anything that can stop her from doing what she wants." She said with a faint laugh, but her faint smile became grim as she brushed her hand on Killjoy's cheek "i just hope when she wakes up, it's my Red in there." She leaned over kissing Killjoy's forehead as a tear rolled down her cheek. "Ceasar said she will be in a lot of pain...as if she hasn't suffered enough." She sniffed trying to hold back the tears "she's carrying us all on her shoulders, and now she has to walk through the path of flames with the weight if the world on her back." She clinched her fists as she looked up as if glaring at whatever higher power that's looking down upon them "Life is so cruel, she came into this world, grew up in pain and agony, twisting her, breaking her. Making her to give into her rage that others have forced her to feel. Life forced her to become a monster, now expects her to pay for the sins she committed because of others' actions...because if the life the world gave her. It isn't fair."

"Life isn't fair M'Lady, that's just the way it is. We can't do anything about it, except to live each day as our last, and strive towards living a fulfilling life." Stryker spoke solemnly, "Killjoy has been through much pain and suffering, but has pushed through, still living each day. I cannot promise that no more pain will come to her, but I do know one thing for sure. When her time comes, she go peacefully, and see the hardships of her life rewarded in the afterlife." 

Inside the Castle of Canterlot, Oakly hung from the ceiling by chains to arms, his body riddled with scars and burns. Only his face remained untouched. Malacath eyed him quizzically, as if debating something that would effect his very livelihood. "Tis settled, I like this boy, he has shown remarkable fortitude. Treachery, as the strongest priest and closest descendant to the Originals, you will be the boys Blood Parent. Are we in agreement?" He had to ask curiously with a look back at the one armed Vampire. Treachery looked at the boy, even he had to give the boy credit for lasting so long, and being his Blood Parent would help him learn what thoughts this mortal had to keep him alive. "Yes, lets begin right away." Malacath smirked, "I like the way you think old friend." 

Trax hammered the table with a fist, almost breaking it into splinters, "Of course! His Eyes, I should have noticed that!" He said in surprise, Caesar had explained that Treacherys ability to create illusions of the senses, stemmed from eye contact. Without it, he couldnt inact his power, and basically make our senses betray us. Frauds had been a simple, but surprisingly hard one, You just needed to be honest with yourself completely. Even the tiniest of doubt or lie will be exploited by his ability to uncover your lies and cause you the worst physical pain imaginable. Heresy had been about staying true to the cause you fight for, also having a great understanding of your opponents cause too. Violence was easy, you basically just show him great compassion and forgiveness, and he becomes powerless. Cesar said nothing of Greed. With Gluttony and Lust being already within our current strength. Armed with this knowledge, Trax felt a little more confident, but knew these alone would not help if he couldn't back it up.

Archived