The Tales of Everfree (Open, PM to join!)

keepsake

"Um, Keepsake," her editor, Red Ink, said over the phone, "you can't be serious." 

"What do you mean?" Keepsake responded as she trotted into the kitchen, using her horn's magic to pull the old phone along behind her. She hummed to herself as she opened the fridge and began floating out the makings for not one, but several sandwhiches. 

"The Everfree Forest? By yourself?" Red Ink said irritably, seeming to sense that Keepsake was hardly paying attention to her. 

"I'm not going adventuring too deep, and besides, I heard there's even a pony living out there! I'll be fine!" 

Of this Keepsake was certain. Her move to Ponyville had been about much more than just researching for her newest book - it was her first time getting to live all alone, and she felt so independent! (Not to mention the other perks, like peace and quiet, privacy, and final say in all the decorations.) She was still riding the high of her newfound rule over this tiny domain, and nopony was going to take that away from her!

"Keepsake, didn't you say you wanted to get to know Everfree from the point of view of the locals?"

Keepsake stopped mid-wrap of her newest sandwhich. The magic fizzled out around it, like soda flattening."Well, yes..." She said reluctantly. She hated when Red Ink made sense. 

"Then wouldn't it make sense to find a guide? Somepony local who could show you?"

"Well... yes." Keepsake admitted finally. She was becoming thoughtful. "Somepony who's been there before. Somepony with stories." 

"Exactly!" Red Ink agreed eagerly. She sounded relieved. 

That evening, Keepsake fretted over the first draft of her ad. 

"I hope it'll be okay..." she murmured, worrying the flyer with her hoof. In bold black ink it read:

"HELP WANTED! Guide through the Everfree Forest. 
My name is Keepsake, and I'm new here in Ponyville. I moved here to work on my newest novel inspired by tales from the Everfree Forest. I'd love to see it upclose, and get an idea of what it's like living around such strange magic! Experience in wilderness safely, and juicy stories about Everfree, preferred. 
Interested ponies can mail to..." 

Well, what more could she say?

With that, she dipped her quill back into it's ink vile and scratched out her address. She aimed her horn at the flyer and, with a sparkler-like explosion, it became a stack. She carried it to her window and one by one, began to send the flyers with her magic. Keepsake watched fireflies dance between the floating pages as they sailed away, influenced to pin themselves to storefronts and notice boards across Ponyville, and smiled as she watched them. There was a softness in her chest that night, as they receeded, that told her no matter what, good things were going to happen here.