(PM to join) Sunrise

Ancre

Her deliveries over, Moondrop the albinos unicorn was trotting tranquilly through the streets of Canterlot. She was wearing a wide hat and a long mantle, as she always did when she was going outside, for fear for her health, and, following a recent trend in her attitude, her clothing was not drab-looking and monochrome but instead a vibrant collection of colors. Pastels greens, pinks, oranges, yellow and blues swirled and melted into each other, as if the waves of colors moved by themselves in an everlasting whirlpool. It was quite showy. She had brought her sunglasses as well, pink-tinted circles with a silver frame, but was wearing her normal glasses, as it was not morning yet.

It was the very end of the night. The stars were disappearing and the moon was about to sink into the horizon, giving her place to the sun. Moondrop liked to live during the night. She couldn't really go outside during the best part of the day because of her condition, but the night was much more gentle to her skin, and as a result often woke up early, before sunrise, or went out late, after sunset, when she needed to get out. Today was one of those days : she had delivered a package full of toys, wooden ponies she crafted and painted by herself, to one of the shop she had a contract with, and she had did so early to benefit from the gentle light of the late night. Now she was heading to one of Canterlot's central parks, to eat her breakfast with the sunrise before heading home.

She liked early mornings for their calm. It was one of the rare moments where the whole city was asleep, void of any ponies ; and watching the sunrise from the park was watching the city waking up with the sun as well. The streets would slowly fill themselves with ponies going to work, the shops would open their front doors, movement and activity would start over again, but everything and everypony would remain quiet for a moment, as if they were not fully awoken yet. It was a spectacle Moondrop enjoyed a lot. It also meant she avoided the evening crowds during sunset, and she enjoyed that as well, as crowds still made her a little bit shy and nervous.

Today, however, she would not be alone to watch the sunset. The park she walked in hosted another pony, a light blue pony with a brown mane, and an enormous, impressive music instrument, with a large tube that swirled around her like a snake around its prey. The unicorn stared at the tuba for a moment, wondering what kind of sound such a thing would make. She was getting curious about the other pony as well. Why was she up so early ? That instrument didn't looked like something one would play at dusk. Maybe she was on her way to a concert in some remote place of the city ? It seemed unlikely since the earth pony mare wasn't in a hurry. Maybe she just liked seeing sunsets, Moondrop wondered. She slowly walked toward the stranger pony.

“Hey, hello.”

It was a simple greeting, said in a gentle, soft voice. Moondrop wasn't a very loud pony. She gave a small smile to the musician, looking at her with her big, white eyes in their big, round glasses.

Beauty Brass

Beauty Brass woke up very early as always. She wanted to see the sunrise, it was always beautiful to her. She sat in her window and watched. When the yellow light from the sun reached her face, Brass took her bow and got to her neck. She took her bag with the tuba and went to her favorite park. As usual, she watched how the other ponies hurried to their jobs. Beauty sighed silently as she was one of the ponies that didn't need to go to work very early but she liked to do it. She got to the park and took her tuba out from the bag, then she strapped it on and started playing.

She stopped to worry that no one will listen to it. One time there was a pony that listened to her, so maybe there is a chance another pony will stop to listen. After several minutes she was right, and a pony approached her. She played some very fast music, it sounded very good and her tone gradually slowed down, and as she finished playing her Tuba, she looked at the pony and smiled.

Hi There! Nice to meet you. My name is Beauty Brass and what is yours? She smiled to the other pony and was quite excited to meet someone else.

Moondrop the white unicorn listened to the music. It started with a fast pace, building some seemingly simple melody that must have been very complicated to play, then slowed gradually, ending with a couple of long notes, and settled into the silence. It was beautiful to listen. It reminded Moondrop of what she used to listen when she was young ; the large instrument would not have been out of place in one of those marches.

The musician earth pony turned toward the unicorn and greeted her. She seemed quite happy to meet somepony else.

“Hello Beauty Brass ! My name is Moondrop.” the albinos unicorn presented herself. “Nice to meet you too ! There aren't many ponies who take the time to enjoy the sunset. It's great to see that I'm not the only one.” She chuckled gently.

“You're a very talented musician. I've never seen that instrument before, but I've already heard it on my parent's records. What is it ? It sure looks … big. Isn't it heavy to carry around ?” Moondrop was a very curious pony.

But her stomach growled, interrupting any other questions. Sitting close to Beauty Brass, in the grass of the park, the white unicorn opened her saddlebags and took her breakfast out. It wasn't very fancy ; she had prepared a fair amount of flower sandwiches, and had some tea in a metallic bottle that kept the liquid warm inside. However it was more than enough for one pony, as if Moondrop had taken care of having food for guests as well.

“I'm sorry, it's usually the time for breakfast for me.” she explained. “I like to eat outside in the parks, before I have to go home. It's not much, but would you like some ?” she proposed to Beauty Brass, happily sharing her food.

• 2 weeks later...

Beauty Brass

Beauty smiled and nodded a bit. She looked at breakfast that Moondrop had and shocked a little her head with smile.

No, really thank You it is very nice of You to offer it. But I make always my own food when i go to park so, I will eat now with You smiled to her again and took her food from bag and started to eat it aswell as she looked at Moondrop.

Yea, there are not many ponies but I love to get up when there is a sunset. And thank for Your words that I'm talented musican, it is very nice to hear this from ponies. The thing I'm using is a sousaphone, it is kind of Tuba and yea, it is quite heavy but You can get easily used to it. Smiled again as she took another bite of her food, it was a sandvich with salad and she enjoyed eating it. Then she layed on grass near of Moondrop with sigh of a relief and quite smiled.

So You are early pony too? Laughed a bit at her joke.

Beauty Brass politely declined Moondrop's offer of a breakfast : she had brought her own, and suggested they eat together instead. The white unicorn nodded in agreement, and delicately munched on one of her flower sandwiches.

They both started to chat. The sky blue mare thanked Moondrop for her compliments ; she explained that the instrument she used was called a sousaphone ; she talked about how much she liked sunsets and sunrises. The white mare listened with attention, smiling gently. Ideas formed in her head, ideas about toys, about places to go and things to do. She really had to listen to a music concert, to see how it is for herself, one day.

Beauty Brass rolled in the grass in contentment. Directed the discussion toward Moondrop with a gentle question and a gentle laugh. The albinos unicorn replied with enthusiasm in her soft voice, laughing with her for a moment.

“Why yes, I'm a morning pony too ! I really like the night, and I like the twilight just as much. So I often wake up early to do my deliveries, that way the shop owners have their goods before they open their business, and I can enjoy the sunset before heading back home.”

“I actually have a lot of deliveries to do every week ! It's fun, when I think about it, what really started as a hobby grew into a full-time job for me. I make toys, you see, and I never thought anypony but me would like them.”

Moondrop fell silent and looked at the sunrise. The sun was finally freeing himself off of the horizon, and the magnificent orange and red hues of the sky were slowly disappearing. Today promised to be a glorious day. The albinos unicorn took off her glasses, and put her sunglasses out of her saddlebags, now looking completely disguised with those two round circles of pink in front of her eyes. She didn't seemed to realize how silly she looked though, or perhaps she didn't care. She smiled at Beauty Brass.

• 1 month later...

Beauty Brass

Beuaty was eating her food while listening to Moondrop, she nodded a bit and from her bag took water to drink while eating but still was clearly listening to her. It was interesting pony, she is a pony full of fun, first she do her delivers to later keep on her hobbies. Beauty smiled a bit when she was in middle of eating her food, when Moondrop has end talking Brass nodded a bit and smiled again to her.

It is great to see pony full of energy and potential. You wake up at morning to do deliveries first then to have some fun with Your hobbies in night, it is nice to see Moondrop. She smiled again as she started to hit grass with her hoof, just cause she wanted to see something to do while talking with Moon.

So You deliver things, You like Your jobs or You are searching already for another one?

Insight had been up pretty early today. It was not like any other day to begin with, but the day he left Canterlot for his journey. There were still stars in the sky, yet the faint rays of sunlight could be seen in the distant horizon. This journey was a personal mission that was conceived by the elder instructors of the School of Magic. He had to find the answers to his “unique handicap” somewhere else. Filled with determination and will, he packs his things into his saddlebag and goes over them one more time.

My journal, a few quills, some scrolls, and a map... what else did I miss?” He asks himself as he ponders over the other belongings in his room.

After deciding that he has everything that he needs, he makes his way to the door whilst putting on the saddlebag. He stops for a moment and looks around the house one last time. His mother was still asleep and he didn't want to wake her. They had already talked the night before and said their goodbyes. He thought that leaving like this would be easier on the both of them. He opens the door and steps outside, closes the door behind him and reaches for a key in his saddlebag with his mouth, locks the door and puts the key back into the saddlebag.

This would have been simpler if I could use magic. Pffft...” Insight complains as he spits out the metallic aftertaste of the key.

Insight was a unicorn, but he could not use magic. An event during his foal years had caused some sort of a handicap. He could neither cast nor use magic. The strange thing though, is that he could understand the makings of magic. He could break down its components, explain how it was cast and even explain how to counter it. This was the reason why he was leaving his hometown of Canterlot. He was convinced that there may be answers to his condition, and that he just had to search all over Equestria to find it. It would take a lifetime but he was prepared for it.

As he walked away from his house, he took one final glance and wished for his mother's well-being. The sun was barely up, so he decided to visit one more place before he left. The central park was a place where he had a lot of cherished memories as a foal. At this time of day, there were very few Ponies in the streets. Those few were probably going to work, he thought. He continues to walk along the elegantly designed pavement and notices two particular Ponies enjoying the sunrise while having breakfast. One had an oddly shaped instrument of what looked like a Tuba, while the other was dressed in gallant colorful clothing. He thought to himself that since he was about to leave Canterlot, he might not meet another pony for a while, so he decided to introduce himself and probably do a little chit-chat.

Good morning gentlemares,” He greets them with a faint nod and a smile. “What brings you out on this fine morning?”

The two mares were chatting casually while eating their breakfast, lying on the grass of the park. Beauty Brass complimented Moondrop on her general attitude, then asked her if she was looking for another job, or if she liked to be a deliverer.

“Oh, I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood !” the white pony replied with a gentle smile, enjoying the discussion “I am a toymaker. I make toys, and I deliver my crafts directly to the stores. It started as a hobby for me, because, well, I love making new toys and playing with them,” she explained, blushing a little and avoiding the other mare's gaze, “and I was surprised to see that what I did was good enough to be sold. But ponies do like my work, so I build a lot of toys and sell them to various shops now.”

She remained silent for a while after that, feeling a little shy. Moondrop knew she had no reason to be ashamed, but she still felt like a little filly, and that her job wasn't really serious and grown-up, as it should have been.

At this moment, another pony came walking toward the two mares. He was a unicorn colt, with a white pelt and a grey mane ; he introduced himself politely, smiling at the two other ponies.

“Good morning sir,” the albinos unicorn replied, “it's unusual to see ponies this early in the day ! I have just finished my deliveries for the day, and Beauty Brass here came to enjoy the sunset. We're having breakfast ! Would you like to join us ?” she offered.

“Thank you for the offer but I've already had breakfast at home”. Putting down his saddlebag, he introduces himself. “I'm Insight, a student of the Canterlot School of Magic. Please to meet your acquaintance.”

“Pardon for the intrusion, I was just curious to see the two of here this early.” He pulls out his small journal from his saddlebag. It was a small black leather-covered book that appeared to be well-used and worn out. Flipping over a few pages and scanning its contents, he grabs a quill from his saddlebag and using his mouth begins to write. The sight was unusual for a Unicorn. Usually, they would use magic to write, but Insight was writing down on his book like any other Earth Pony.

“Oh I'm sorry! It's just a habit of mine to write down anything that I experience. Please don't mind me.”

He was eager to know these two mares that he hadn't seen before. Well, he hardly knew anyone outside of the school so he thought it would at least be swell to get to know someone from Canterlot before he left on his journey.

Beauty Brass

Beauty looked and nodded while Moondrop was tal king to Her. She smiled again as she wanted to get back to playing her tuba, but then white pony came to them. She with a surprise smiled and looked at new pony then again at Moondrop. She didn’t got into their talk until they ended. Brass with a smile, started again to nod to both ponies when she could finally tell something to them.

Hi there, as You can see Moondrop answered some of Your questions already. My name is Beauty Brass and I come everyday at morning to this park to play on sousaphone! If you was at Gala You could saw me and my other friends from band as we played here. Beauty again smiled to them as she drinked again from her water bootle.

If You will stay a little longer You will be able to hear to my playing on sousaphone. I just need to end eating my dinner. Beauty continued eating her sandwich as she was near of finishing it.

Moondrop and Beauty Brass finished their breakfasts while the unicorn stallion, Insight, brought out a notebook and began writing, without using his magic. Moondrop found it peculiar, and looked at him with curious eyes, but politely finished her sandwich and let the earth pony musician talk before asking her questions. Beauty Brass chatted a little, and presented herself to the newcomer. She also wanted to play some music again - oh, that would be lovely, the white unicorn thought, looking forward to it. The three ponies remained in silence for a while.

"Forgive my intrusion," the albinos unicorn finally started, "but don't unicorns usually use their magic to write ? I do it all the time." Moondrop had rarely been out of her home, and had rarely been able to see how other ponies' daily lives were. All of the unicorns she had met used their telekinesis to move their pens and quills, but for all she knew, perhaps it was unusual to use magic to write.

Hoping her question hadn't offended Insight, Moondrop wrapped her hooves around her bottle of tea, warming herself. It was still a cold morning in Canterlot.

"Hi there, as You can see Moondrop answered some of Your questions already. My name is Beauty Brass and I come everyday at morning to this park to play on sousaphone! If you was at Gala You could saw me and my other friends from band as we played here."

"Pleasure to meet your aquaintance Miss Beauty Brass." Insight replies throwing back a smile. "I'm sorry but I haven't been to the Gala ever. I'm usually at home or at school studying or reading. But I'm sure that it would have been a treat to hear you play with other musicians."

He sat down and jotted down some more notes on his journal once again. He reminded himself that there was such a thing as a Sousaphone, and it was somehow a variant of a Tuba.

All the while, Moondrop was intently observing Insight. She knew something was odd for a Unicorn not using magic to things like writing, so the mere sight of Insight using his mouth and hoof was a bit odd. She couldn't help it but throw the question out in the air.

"Forgive my intrusion," the albinos unicorn finally started, "but don't unicorns usually use their magic to write ? I do it all the time."

Embarrassed, Insight scratched the back of his head with his hoof and explained. "Well, you see Miss Moondrop, its a long story..." He continued. "I sort of have this 'handicap'. There was this event during my foalhood days that affected my ability to do magic. It's not that I can't do magic entirely. I can still levitate objects but I find it extremely difficult to do. Trying to levitate this quill alone feels like I'm lifting a brick. This is the main reason why I'm going on a journey, to do some research for this condition that I have."

Blushing and feeling a bit awkward, he looked at both the mares, wondering what they thought of him. It was a pretty uncommon sight for Unicorns to not use magic, and he was used to it by now that anypony would ask why he would rather do things the "Earth Pony Way" rather than what Unicorns would normally do.

Beauty Brass

Beauty Brass looked at both ponies as she was interested why Insight don’t use magic. She was sorry for him as being unicorn and not using magic is probably quite painfully for him but she just nodded with a smile and looked at him.

”I’m sorry to hear that You have problems with using magic, being a unicorn and not using magic must be quite.. Hard or painfully I think? Atleast it is good to see You are making very good without magic. It is good to see a pony that try to do his best with some handicap in life.”Brass looked at the pony again with a smile as she started to stand up and took her tuba with her. She looked at both ponies and started to look around if there are other ponies than these two. When she didn’t saw anyone other, Beauty quite sighed and with a smile looked again at Insight and Moondrop.

”I hope You two will enjoy my music cause I try my best while playing this instrument, don’t be afraid of talking while I’m playing as I will enjoy Your talking !” Beauty started to play her tuba first with slow tone as she began more and more to play enthusiastic and peaceful music, it was very good music for start of the day. She don’t wanted to hurry it, so music was going with average rate, not so fast and not so slow.

"Uh yeah..." Insight smiled and blushed at the same time. "I'm quite totally fine with not using magic, I mean I've grown accustomed to it like any other Earth Pony. But somehow I want to be able to use it properly like everypony else."

Insight pauses for a moment as Beauty starts to play the sousaphone. It was a peaceful toon. Something that was worth cherishing and looking forward to when he eventually leaves Canterlot. He felt blessed and thanked Celestia in his heart that he was able to experience such a morning. He stood there and just listened to Beauty play the Sousaphone, momentarily forgetting every care in the world.

"Well, this is something I'm going to look forward to when I get back from my journey." Insight wrote down on his journal once more. "I'd never imagined that mornings in Canterlot were this wonderful..."

Insight gently explained to Moondrop why he wasn't using magic. He wasn't because he couldn't. "Oh !" the unicorn mare said softly. He was blushing : he looked embarrassed, worried about what she could think, perhaps. Moondrop was uneasy as well - she didn't knew what to do. Should she talk about her own handicap as well ? Or simply not say a word about it and let it pass ? She didn't wanted to let him start a day with gloomy thoughts over a curious enquiry. In a word, she was thinking too much. She did her best not to show anything, and smiled as usual. She took a sip of her tea.

Fortunately Beauty Brass rescued her. She said simple, but wise, words, that did not pity the unicorn but sympathized with his pain, then completely changed the subject with music. Calming down, Moondrop sipped her tea again and listened. And what a music it was ! The earth pony was absolutely marvelous. Her music had peaceful tones and a gentle rythm, not too fast, not too slow, as if it was waking up with the world, and starting a bright new day. It was delightful to hear. 'I should sculpt a band of musicians as the next toys I'll do' Moondrop thought with a silent chuckle.

Insight was charmed by the music as well, and said so out loud, still writing in his journal. "Oh yes, it's wonderful !" Moondrop agreed, "There are so many things ponies never see in Canterlot ! The buildings, the parks, the mornings, they never see how pretty their city is." Perhaps were they blind to it because they were used to it ; after all, everything was also new for the white unicorn.

• 1 month later...

(Sorry for one month wait but.. Some of cases made this RP hanging, I promise I will not do it again)

Beauty Brass

Beauty continued with playing her sousaphone while looking and listening to both ponies. She was happy they enjyoed her music, but was more happy they still continued talk and was see beauty of Canterlot. She changed her playstyle to faster one, it more sounded like music to dance. She wanted to make a nice show, maybe both of them will enjoy this change and will start with a .. Little party in park at the morning. She stopped to play for a while and smiled to both of them.

"Maybe You want to have a little fun here? We can enjoy this morning fully, not only with talking but with having a big fun aswell! I'm not forcing You both to anything, it is just a proposition You can use" Beauty smiled again and continued to play her fast-paced music while still listening to both ponies.

"Uh fun?" Insight looked back puzzled. "What exactly do you mean?"

Insight wasn't sure what Beauty was talking about. Still, he decided to listen to Beauty more. The music was soothing even though the rhythm picked up. He opened his journal once more and jotted down notes. He wanted to remember this moment. If he were an artist, he could have sketched it, but he was more a play with words. So he wrote down what he saw and heard. He looked at Beauty intently and wrote down her description, brief but detailed. He then turned his gaze towards Moondrop, gazed at her for a moment and then wrote down another brief description. He then added the memory of that morning, what it felt, to leave Canterlot and not realize the many gorgeous things it had to offer. He clearly needed to get out more.