[Northern Solstice Heights] A Fresh Start

NeonVictorian

Quasar was finally ready. He had his fill with his uneventful life in the Solstice Heights, and wanted to move on. He decided that it was time to take that step. To leave and hunt for a life more exciting and fulfilling. He packed up a bit of food and grabbed what little money he had saved up. Enough to last him several days but, he'd still have to find a job or some way to support himself.

Regardless, he made the decision that this was what he wanted, and with that, he left...

He wasn't quite sure where to go... The Nimbusgait Lakes nearby seemed like a nice place to start, but he's always wanted to visit somewhere in Central. He still wasn't sure though. Perhaps he'd see a helpful face along the way, to give him any advice or help him out.

He looked back to his former house one last time, and with a faint sigh... He turned back, and moved forward.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((hope this is good enough c:))

Silversword had been sparring for a while now, her mouth gripping the wooden sword that would someday be replaced with her own, actual sword.

I can't wait, she thought happily, slashing at the dummy in front of her.

She lunged, and it finally fell.

Panting, she moved away, and slumped to the ground.

She'd have the day free after this practice session, and then what would she do?

Food, her mind reminded her.

You need to go to the market district!

But is there even a market district nearby? Maybe in Trottingham. Stupid mare, traveling to the lakes before stocking up! she scolded herself as she kicked the dummy around.

((Its ok ^^" im... sorry if im doing anything wrong))

Although he had a bit of food to snack on, Quasar realized it wouldnt be enough to last him on his was much further than the lakes.

Perhaps it'd be a safe to stock up a bit more he thought to himself.

He headed to the markert district, making a list in his mind of things to buy.

((Don't worry c: We'll just make it easier for them to meet XD I think Silver's older, and as a guardpony, she could help him find his way. C:))

After cleaning herself up (she couldn't go out looking like a slob), Silversword trotted to the market district of Trottingham, which wasn't all that far off from the lakes. It took a while to get there, but eh, she loved long trots, so it suited her just fine.

Carefully slipping between the crowd, the young mare looked for the fruit stalls, hoping to get a good price on some apples.

She looked for those that weren't too small, and bought a couple, handing the salespony the bits needed without much to say.

Once she had her apples in her saddlebag, she trotted off to find a salespony that had celery or carrots in their shop.

Celery, Hay, Apples... Celery, Hay, Apples - Quasar repeated this in his head over and over when entering the market district.

It seemed unusually busy today, the crowd larger than usual. Although he didn't like being alone, being around so many ponies (especially ones he didnt know) gave him a really nervous feeling. He tried to ignore it and keep his mind on what he was doing though.

He stumbled around the crowd, hunting for a stand selling celery. After finally seeing it, he made his way up to the stand and made his purchase, trying to get his things and get out of the way...

He turned around, hoping not to be in anyones way and, from where he was standing, looked around, hoping to find the apples.

Silversword was feeling slightly tired, but didn't mind. It merely meant she was doing well! Stepping over the other ponies, attempting not to get her long legs to trip anyone, she nimbly reached the carrots and paid for a couple. Yawning, she reached the celery and paid for it, noticing that a rather lost-looking pony was in the middle of the crowd.

After looking for a moment, he didn't see what he was looking for.... and on top of that, he realized that he was closed inside the crowd now. He looked back and forth for a moment, noticing another pegasus looking at him. He looked back forward, and... slightly panicked, stumbled backwards, bumping into the celery stall.

Calm down >< Calm down he thought to himself. His mind was still nervous and now racing... He cowered down a bit, hoping to not be in anypony's way, and looked down at his hooves for a moment, trying to clear his mind.

Noticing that he seemed to be having a bit of trouble, Silver trotted up to the colt, careful not to bump into anypony. When it seemed she would trip, at one point, she used her wings to balance herself and gracefully went over to the dark pony.

She cocked her head and watched him, waiting for him to look up.

He did look rather frightened.. It was her job to help!

Quasar had finally composed himself a little. He looked up a bit to see the pony he noticed moments ago now beside him.

He felt a bit embarrassed, that someone had noticed him freak out like that, but, she seemed like a friendly pony. He stayed there, and looked up at her. He wasn't sure if it was him being down on the ground, or her long legs, but she seemed so tall to him. He smiled a bit, but then he noticed that he was staring.... The smile faded and he looked back down, muttering out the words "I'm s....sorry..."

He stayed there for a moment, hoping he didn't offend her.

Quietly, she made up her mind.

She would help the colt. He seemed genuinely lost, and the crowd was rather difficult to maneuver.

"No need to be," she said in her quiet, tranquil voice.

"Do you require assistance?" Silversword queried, watching him, wondering what the problem was.

She really hoped he didn't seem put off by her tone, it was just that she wasn't very good at interacting with others, but she did want to help the colt.

He looked back up at her, and tried to stand up a little...

"It.....it's.... ok... I... don't wanna be... a... bother" he stammered out, not want to be hindrance to her. He felt comforted to hear that was there, but he didn't want to annoy her at the same time.

With that he tried his best to keep his composure, and stay calmed.

"Please. It's my job to help out those in need," Silversword said, and gave him what she hoped looked like a reassuring smile.

"You might also, er, want to get out of the way of the crowd." she attempted to part the crowd around him, and clear a space.

"Are you sure I cannot help you?" she asked, her tone careful.

Quasar smiled a little, and nodded, gently scooting back to the side of the stall instead of in front of it.

He noticed her smile, and relaxed a little. He did want her help, but didn't want to bother with asking. He stood back up and replied...

"I'm... sorry," he said with a faint smile, "There's.... a lot on my mind and... I... don't do so well in large crowds..."

He slowly felt more comfortable talking to her and smiled a little more, saying, "I was... actually looking to buy some apples... but, I kinda got lost in the crowd..."

He then looked down a bit, a bit embarrassed but still relaxed.

Silverswords' wings shuffled, and she nodded.

"Don't worry." she said, her face slightly concerned and serious.

These ponies needed to learn to help others, like this colt!

Without a word, she reached into her saddlebags and handed him her apples.

"Here. Just try to focus when surrounded by crowds," she said, looking around.

"Anything else?" she asked, attempting to be even more helpful.

Quasar stood there for a moment, surprised...

"I, couldn't... they're... yours" he said nervously, surprised by her generosity. He never expected anypony to be so randomly nice to him. He smiled a bit thinking to himself for a moment, and then looked back up to her, asking, "Where... are you going? Are.. you busy?" hoping he wasn't being too nosy.

Silversword shook her head.

"Just take the gift," she said, nodding encouragement.

When he asked where she was going, she sat, her long legs giving her the advantage of seeing well despite sitting by a crowd.

"Not sure. Was going to go swim, but I think you should get some more help from me," she said, smiling slightly.

"Where are you off to, anyway? You don't seem used to this place." Watching him, she noted that he was really quite shy, but seemed like a clever, but lost pony.

She'd help him, if he needed it.

He heaved a happy sigh, and accepted the apples.

"Thank you sooooo much," he said, sliding the apples into his bag. He felt it didn't show how grateful he was but it was all he could say. "If... you're going somewhere, it's ok." He said with a smile, "To be honest... I'm not, I only came here to get some food to last me until I go---"

He stopped and looked down and, after a small moment of silence, he continued, "I... don't know... where to go..."

He looked back up to her and asked, "May.... I walk with you? To where you're going? And then I'll leave once you're there? If... it's ok?"

He didn't want to be a bother to her, but he did enjoy her company, as short as it was, and didn't want to part with her right away. He pulled himself back a bit from her and added on, "It's.... ok if you say... no though... I... don't want to bother you..."

"I don't mind," she said simply, unsure of how to reassure him that it was really quite all right.

Perhaps, they could discuss literature.

She looked around at the crowd, deciding it would be best to head to the lakes first. She could help him figure out his path from there, without the hustle and bustle of the crowd, or jostling.

Trotting away from the crowd in the direction of the lakes, and looked back at him.

"Will you follow? I'm headed to the lakes," she queried, digging her hoof at the ground anxiously.

This colt had to follow! He couldn't wander around by himself, it was a sure-fire way to make something bad happen.

The smile on Quasar's face grew back as he looked up to her.He nodded and hurried to trot up beside her, not wanting to keep her waiting.

He felt comfortable to be beside her, and slightly relieved. As he trotted behind her following, the crowd seemed to be nowhere in the way, as if it simply faded away.

He smiled, looking up to her, while walking, and softly said, "Thank you..."

He had no idea where he would head after this, but at the moment he was happy.

"It's nothing," she said, dismissing the notion. It wasn't as if she had slayed a beast that had been tormenting his town.

No, she was merely helping.

"Where do you come from, anyway?" she asked shortly, finally managing to slip out of the market district and onto the path to the lakes.

Looking back at him, she half-smiled.

"Please. Do not think I am rude. Simply.. unused to company," she murmured, attempting not to sound terribly awkward.

He smiled and glanced back, glad to be out of the crowd.

"I'm... from the Solstice Heights..." he mumbled out, "and.... I don't think you're rude, you... seem very nice to me..."

He didn't want to give the impression that he was only trying to flatter her. He really meant what he was saying, she was a very nice pony, and he enjoyed her company. He paused for a moment, looked up to speak-

"I'm.... sorry, I never introduced myself. My name's Quasar" he said, holding his somewhat nervous smile.

Silverswords' eyes widened a bit.

Her?

Nice?

This colt must be confused. She was not a nice pony, she was socially awkward and unapproachable.

Wasn't she?

"Never been there," she said, nearing the lakes.

"Silversword," she replied simply, mulling over his words.

She was also quite curious as to why a pony from the Solstice Heights, wherever that was, would leave. Had he been called to go somewhere? Had he gotten lost?

Quasar smiled a lot, hoping he wasn't annoying his new acquaintance. She seemed a bit surprised but, maybe he was just reading her wrong.

He tried to keep the friendly mood, still speaking, "Nice to meet you Silversword."

He relaxed, and, wondering more about her, asked, "May... I know... where you're from?" He hoped that he could learn a little more about her or, at least spark a little bit of conversation.

"Nice to meet you too, Quasar," Silversword replied, easing up a bit.

It wasn't difficult to speak to this colt, and he seemed rather happy. As they reached the lakes, she slowed down a bit, hoping the long trot hadn't worn him out.

"I come from Manehatten. It's a rather strange place to live," she murmured, her wings shuffling as if with memories from the place.

She remembered how her father and mother had taken care of her, but she always thought that perhaps, if she had lived in Cloudsdale as a filly, would she have been a good flier?

Lost in thought, she simply stopped and stared at the ground for a moment, before snapping back to attention.

"Why did you leave your town, anyway?" she queried, for it made her curious.

He kept his smile, wondering what kind of place Manehatten was. Maybe it would be nice to start looking? He tried to not get lost in thought. The trot was nice, maybe it was the feeling of freedom after getting out, or meeting this new pony, but he had a large sense of enjoyment.

He turned his attention to her question, trying to think of how to answer without boring her with a long detailed story. He cleared his throat.

"I.... just... didn't belong there.... I guess..." he replied, looking down a bit.