[Northern Solstice Heights] A Fresh Start

NeonVictorian

"I can go to the ground myself. I think I can brake now," she said, smiling sheepishly.

"I've seen hawks and griffons soar and skid to a stop. Maybe I could do that too?" Silversword queried, spreading her wings on the edge of the cloud.

"If you'd like, I can do it now?" she said tentatively, stepping closer to the edge.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silversword closed her wings.

She'd planned to land in the lake, opening her wings to slow down until she tumbled in.

"I'd be okay. I've got a plan!" she said, her wings shuffling.

"But if you want, I'll wait," she said, smiling graciously, sitting before the edge.

"Yes. It may not look very elegant or smooth. But I'll be fine," she said, closing her wings and falling backwards.

As Silversword fell, she looked at her surroundings, and halfway down, she flipped over and opened her wings, using them as a parachute. She fell slowly, her hooves skimmed the water, and she tripped, landing in it.

"Smooth," she grumbled, wiping water out of her eyes.

Quasar followed her down to the water, wincing as she tripped.

He splashed down beside her, and looked to her smiling.

"You alright?" he questioned trying to hold back his smile for the moment.

He looked back up to the clouds that they came from, continuing, "You've done good you know, really good."

Silversword spluttered, wiping her muzzle.

If her mother had seen her, she was sure she would have shook her head.

She treaded water for a moment, reaching the shore, shaking herself dry.

"You think so?" she asked, spreading her wings and preening.

Quasar gave a quick nod and followed her to shore.

"It was a great start, maybe a little too fast but..." he admitted, smilingly.

He shook himself off and continued, "If, you ever want to practice more? I'll help you anytime you'd like?"

He gave her a smile but hopefully reassuring smile.

Silversword looked up from her preening, and watched him curiously.

"They were a little better though, then any tries I had made before." she stated simply, returning to her preening.

When she had finished, she sat up straight and yawned, covering her muzzle with her hood.

"I would like that. But we ought to be heading out to Canterlot," she added, smiling.

He nodded in agreement and stood up.

"Whenever you're ready..." Quasar said readily.

He slid back into his saddlebags and gave her a quick smile.

His mind paused for a moment, "Why am I going to Canterlot?" he thought to himself for a quick moment before remembering.

He had such a good time, he had forgotten all about the worries or uncertainty ahead. Now he smiled faintly and continued forward.

As if sensing her friends' worry, Silversword gave her a slight smile that she hoped would comfort him.

"Not all ponies are so sure of what they want in life, for a while at least." she began to walk in the direction of Canterlot, the trusty heart of Equestria.

Not that it was in the center of Equestria, no, she did not mean it in the literal sense..

"Canterlot is the intellectual and social center of Equestria. I am certain you will find something that you love," she said, blowing her mane out of her eyes.

Quasar gave a quick smile in return. He had became relaxed around her and it her smile only relieved him more.

"You're... right..." he reacted timidly, "I'm sure I'll find something to do there."

His mind reminded himself, "But will I find somepony else like you?" scared of being on his own again.

He cleared his throat, and tried not to think of it.

Silversword nodded, giving him a quick smile.

"Something for everypony, like I said," she grinned, trotted on, and then looked back once again.

"But what is it that you like to do, anyway?" she queried, a pensive look upon her face.

Silversword raised a hoof to her muzzle, having stopped trotting for a moment.

"Well.." she tapped her hoof to her muzzle in contemplation, looking at Quasar carefully.

"The thing is, being a guard is tough. You don't just help ponies, you also have to fight off threats to the princesses.''

She raised an eyebrow, deciding that she didn't want him to have to fight anything.

"Why not something more to your liking? What are your talents?" she asked.

"I wouldn't want you yo get hurt," she said, slightly embarrassed. She patted him on the head.

"You'll figure it out. Canterlot would be a good place to find yourself." Silversword smiled at him, and continued walking, looking back and giving him an encouraging smile every now and then.

How strange it must feel to not know ones' purpose in life.

She looked at the sky, watching it with a disconnected gaze.

She would help him, as much as she could.

• 2 weeks later...