Alec's Artstuffs!

crp_dude

Oh no, I totally forgot to mention! A few weeks ago, my computer got really virus-happy, and most of my files went kaput. I'm still trying to revive them, and that includes your vector, unfortunately. Give me some time, I'll get it back and get it done.

While I'm trying to get my computer back from practically being flipped out the window, I decided to perhaps start on a few of these so-called Desktop Ponies.

So, to start out, here's Ornatia, v.1!

ornatia_idlesize.gif

Probably going to need to customize a sprite, since this is a little cluttered. Gave me a good idea, though.

• Like 1

hi hi

Wow.. I step away for a couple of weeks and when I come back your artwork has made leaps and bounds. The latest Apis and Ornatia are real slick. :) I think my favorite of the fashionistas is Bareedina, though I've recently discovered that I apparently have a bias towards Zebra character designs... so take that with a grain of salt.

I kind of imagine the Fashionistas as some kind of fashion oriented super hero team, appearing in times of terrible unfashionableness, before disappearing as mysteriously as they arrived. :P

hi hi

Wow.. I step away for a couple of weeks and when I come back your artwork has made leaps and bounds. The latest Apis and Ornatia are real slick. :) I think my favorite of the fashionistas is Bareedina, though I've recently discovered that I apparently have a bias towards Zebra character designs... so take that with a grain of salt.

I kind of imagine the Fashionistas as some kind of fashion oriented super hero team, appearing in times of terrible unfashionableness, before disappearing as mysteriously as they arrived. :P

Well, thanks much for the compliments! Be sure to take a look at Ornatia's profile, it's still a WIP! Though I expected the group to barely know eachother, I can totally see them being the official fashion police. Fashion vigilantes, even :lol:

Alright, time for some inexcusable stuff. You know what that means? That means Alicorns.

oopsialicorned.jpg

This is intended to be a picture of Apis's father Emperor Mondo, when he was around Apis's age. The two do share a likeness, no?

Of course, now I need to run like crazy before Faust breaks into my room and starts wooping me silly. This is a serious offense, yo. Bronies have been locked up for this kind of stuff.

*sigh* Just... BUMPING MY PROFILE AGAIN, I GUESS! If the images are too big, you know you can just say so!

ItailianGuard.jpg

Anyways, here's a design for the Imperial Itailian Guard. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Ehee, thanks :3 Probably just because of Baby Cakes though. After all, that first baby pony in the Mysterious Mare-Do-Well was a little... stare-into-soul-y... Whatever sense that makes.

Anyways, time to have people yell at me for posting a cuddling pose of male lovers. Of course, no yelling is good too.

gayponycoupleyay.jpg

These guys are actually good enough to maybe qualify for RP character material... Once I find a use for them in that regard, anyways.

hi hi

So what is Coyota's special talent supposed to be? I'm not familiar with the name (assume the name has a meaning) and I can't tell what his cutie mark is.

Both of their names are kinds of cookies! They're both bakers, and in fact run a sweets shop together, mostly doing small catering jobs. They're no experts when it comes to making cakes, pies, or pastries, but put them in front of a cookie tray, and they start pumping out sweet treats like wildfire!

To answer your question though, Coyotas in particular are a Mexican cookie, which uses brown sugar as its main ingredient. I've never had them myself, but they look delicious. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zJTJj74ybfA/SvdZuSjzcmI/AAAAAAAAACA/91ZAlBeHuio/s1600/minicoyotas1.JPG

Coyota's cutie mark is supposed to be a flat cookie with sugar sprinkling. I kind of had to make it up a little, since there's no noticeable way to depict sugar without piling it on.

Crp_dude: Double posting before it was cool.

Oddball.jpg

Ponies, meet Oddball, a peculiar pony whose special talent is being able to stay on his hind legs for a very, very long time. He doesn't even fall over that often.

heylookapisisbeingadorable.jpg

Apis thought that since the mares got to wear socks, why couldn't he? Looks like you caught him in his little spot of fun, though.

Is it just me, or am I back in the vectoring business?

I'M BACK IN BABY, and this time I know I've got it down! CHECK IT.

HauteCouture.jpg

My rendition of Appliance's OC, Lightshow, and the frame I'm using for her dress. Thought I'd be nice and make her a vector pic as a test first anyways.

Tell me what you think! I mean, I'm super-crazy proud of it.

hi hi

One word: Awesome! :D What program are you using to make the vectors? (Ok, thats ten words...) Also, maybe I'm biased, but I like the color scheme. (Amongst the many words that I intend to use...) Honestly though, I don't recall seeing too many ponies in the show having green in their mane or coat, so its a good color to stand out with.

My answer is one word in turn: Photoshop. Secondary answer, two words: Pen tool. Holy god can you do so much awesome with that thing.

*eye twitch*

Speaking of awesome...

HauteCoutureFinal.jpg

This picture.

It possesses all of my yes.

I refuse to stop until I've gotten a 600-chain selfposting with no interruptions.

GO AHEAD, I DARE YOU TO BREAK MY DOUBLE-POSTING STRIDE.

Merryfinal.png

Done for BlindJester! Turned out very good, imo.

• Like 1

Ack, I feel sooooo behind on everything. Oh well, at least I know what I'm working on next!

In the meantime, I have a vector of a sketch I did a while ago! This guy's going to be a Crossover character soon! Anypony else like past scenarios?

Sparkseeker.png

• Like 2

You should totally make a tutorial on how you make those vectors. They're so close to the original. :)

please... :scream:

Okay, so here we go: You know most of my vector work? I learned how to do it from a series of Youtube videos called Vectoring is Magic. I'm pretty sure everypony who has done vector art at one point or another would have heard of these, but they are seriously so helpful you don't even know.

SPEAKING OF VECTORS!

eonfinal.png

Done for a requester over FA. Probably the last piece of request work I'll be doing for a while! Know why?

Because I've been considering taking up commissions!

I really need the money, so it seemed like a good idea. No worries, you'll still be getting art from me even if I don't have any customers!

Okay, so here we go: You know most of my vector work? I learned how to do it from a series of Youtube videos called Vectoring is Magic. I'm pretty sure everypony who has done vector art at one point or another would have heard of these, but they are seriously so helpful you don't even know.

:smirk: Never heard of 'em but I'll check them out, thanks!

and great drawing ^^