[Road to Ponyville] On the way to Ponyville [open]

ExtraSoap

DarcMoun didn't like walking too much, after all, he had wings and could use them, so what was the point of walking? The main reason he didn't like walking, however, is because it was so slow. DarcMoun was not a fan of going slow at all.

"So, remind me again as to why I cant fly ahead every once in a while?" He asked Fanfair with a touch of annoyance to his voice. "I mean, I know you cant fly, but come on, just let me do a few tricks of just fly above? My hooves are killing me!"

"well, your hooves are killing you because you never walk. Here is the perfect oppurtunity for you to improve yourself. Oh and if it isn't too much trouble to ask would you mind not talking for a while? I'm trying to listen."

And FanFair was gone lost in his own world of sounds that he spends so much time in.

DarcMoun grumbled something incomprehensible and went on walking. He couldn't help but wonder why he should "improve himself" if evolution in all it's glory gave him wings to fly with. Besides, his hooves were really hurting! You know what, he thought to himself, screw it. And with that, he looked over to FanFair. "Be right back!" He said, and took off towards the sky. He did a few tight flips, and dove back down to earth where FanFair was, landed gracefully on a tree limb and looked down towards his musical buddy. "You know, I think I'll just hover over you and rest my hooves." He mused with a lopsided grin on his face.

"huh? Oh how did you get up there?" FanFair said distractedly. "must have let my mind wander"

FanFair continues to trot along happily thinking about his show in ponyville for the summer solstice celebration. A thought struck him. "hey, while I'm going to perform what do you plan on doing over in ponyville?"

DarcMoun smiled broadly. He always found FanFairs obsession with the sounds of the world around him amusing. "I'll probably hang out as usual, maybe meet some mares. You should come with me sometime, maybe after your performance." DarcMoun just had to get Fanfair to meet some mares.

"But it always goes well! Besides, you need a mare to hang out with every once in a while, and this is a great time to meet some." DarcMoun flew off of his perch and hovered over his friend. "You gotta put yourself out there more, that way you might actually find one you will want to spend a lot of time with. Don't look approach her thinking she's a potential marefriend, that'll make you nervous. Just think about a regular friend first." He smiled at him assuringly, hoping it would boost his confidence enough to actually go through with it.

"Of course! and you wont mess up as long as you follow my advice, trust me." As DarcMoun finished his sentence, he looked up and saw what looked like a town in the distance. "Hey! I think I see Ponyville! Lemme fly up and get a better view!" He launched himself skyward, stopped at around 400 feet, and shaded his eyes from the sun as he looked toward the town. "Yep! It's there all right! Just a couple more miles!" He called down.

At the news FanFair found renewed vigor in his step, going almost to a gallop. "Good, we've been walking for hours" making sure that his cases were secure in his bags FanFair trotted up to where Darcmoun was waiting. "Shall we make the last push my dear friend?" now that they were close he felt excited about the oppurtunities ahead.

Nearly at the bridge that brings them into edge of ponyville FanFair was about to say something when all of a sudden a grey colored unicorn came galloping over the bridge in a hurry nearly knocking to two over.

"oof" was all FanFair could gasp as he dodged to the side.

"um excuse me? Hello? Could you..." but she was too far away to hear his quiet questions.

"moun what do you think that was all about?"

"No idea, Fair. But she sure was in a hurry." DarcMoun wondered why that pony had galloped by without even saying excuse me or hello. He hoped there wasn't another Ursa bear attack, the last one on Ponyville occurred just after they had left the year before. He didn't express his concern to Fanfair though, his friend might not be as mellow about it as him.

"Do you think it's another Ursa attack? I mean there was a pretty bad one right after we left last year." it seemed logical that it could happen again. But at the same time they probably would have noticed an Ursa crashing through the town. Those things are hard to miss, so it was unlikely... But possible "well I guess we will just have to look and see. Or not. Or we could just go home. Or maybe you could fly over. Well ya see I heard Ursa's are very loud and I wouldn't want to blow out an ear drum before I play, so maybe I should just stay right here."

DarcMoun looked incredulously at his friend, marveling at his ability to come up with terrible excuses for things like this.

"You know, If you're going to make excuses, you could at least make them believable, that was just sad."

He said it with a smile though, to make sure Fanfair didn't misinterpret his sarcasm.

"I'll go check it out, you stay here, so you don't get a blown out eardrum."

He rocketed skyward, heading in the direction of ponyville. He flew directly over the town square, and, looking down, saw nothing out of order. After a second look to confirm that nothing was amiss, he flew back to his friend waiting on the bridge and landed.

"Everything's fine. Let's go."

• 2 weeks later...

"alright"

And the two friends make the last leg of the journy in silence, contemplating the reason for the unicorns haste to leave. As they reach town they realize that no one is out. But distant arguing could be heard by the town square.

"I think everyone is over there" said fanfare pointing ahead. He willed his hooves to make last bit to the square as Darcmoun hovered nearby.