Hidden Magi

Val blinked as he stared around curioulsy of the square of ponyville. Vendors, and merchants greeted thier customers with enthusiasim before luring them in with thier products. The sun shun down brightly, no doubt from Princess Celestis seeing to it that today would be an extra special day. Val always thought it was a good day, but today was even more so since he had been ordered to seek out somepony. Princess Celestia had sent him a message, asking him to track down a unicorn with a special sort of magic. The kind that could change Equestria's very core and how it appeared to others. Val agreed since not only was it his duty, but also at the oppertunity of making a new friend. He did love making new friends after all.

Looking around from one vendor to the next, Val wondered breifly how he was going to find this one Unicorn. He had heard that he was here in Ponyville, but the chances of finding him..well what made him stick out was according to the princess, he had a prothetstic leg so that narrowed the field down abit. Still though, Ponyville was huge. What he needed was an oppertunity or break really. Letting out a heavy sigh, the Protector smiled wearily "This is going to be a long day. I can already tell". Trotting around, he kept an eye out for something that could help him track this pony.

Vulpus sat at his window, taking a look out at the ponies enjoying their day. he had been up late the night before and was just waking up in the early afternoon. he let out a long yawn before moving away fro mthe window to get his prosthetic leg in place, along with his saddlebags. he strapped himself in before heading out to do a few errands.

he went through his little list in his head, a bit distracted and tired... the ponies in ponyville had grown use to his odd limb, so no one paid much attention to him. he kind of liked it, being one with everyone else, rather than the center of attention. it was a nice change.

Val passed by a vendor that sold metalic junk that could be used to track down anything metal. Sighing, he looked at the vendor as he purchased a small metal ring that was supposed to hum whenever it was around something metal. Smiling as he put it around his neck, he blinked suddenly as he saw that he was five feet away from something metal and yet it wasnt humming at all. Realizing he had just been had, Val turned to demand his money back in time to see the vendor was already gone. Growling lightly in frustration, he removed the worthelss ring as he tossed it hard into the crowd of ponies.

Vulpus found himself in a pretty big crowd, slowly waking up more to keep his wits about him and not bump into anyone... sudden something pinged him in the head, "Ow! What on earth?" he rubbed his head with his good leg, looking down at the ring that had hit him, "Um, did someone lose a ring?" he called out. it wasnt very loud, so no one really paid much attention...

Val blinked as he lowered his head in aggrivation, as he siad "That was stupid of me". He had no reason to loose his cool like that and now he lost that ring. Sighing, he lowered his head as he started weaving through the crowd looking for the source of the ring as he grumbled "That wasnt very smart of me. Now someone is going to...Oof". He let out a cry as he accidently collided against something metal, as he fell onto his rear shaking his head as he looked up at a pony with a prothetic leg.

Val stared up at the pony, as he smiled lightly feeling foolish. Getting himself up, he remarked "Im alright. I guess I got abit frustarted". Not knowing that this pony was the one he was looking for, Val smiled "I was just looking for a unicorn since I was told he had something that Celestia needs". Blushing in response, he said "Anyway, My name is Valoren, or Val for short". He stuck out a hoof to shake the ponies.

"Ahh, that's disappointing" Val sighed lowering his head sighing. Great, he wasnt here. Now where was he supposed to find this unicorn. Smiling to the pony, "Yes, offical business for the princess. I was supposed to seek out a pony with a protheistic leg". Looking at the ponis leg, Val commented "That leg is rather cool".

"This pony accordingly has some sort of special power hidden within its prothestic leg, that can unleash a type of magic thats even greater then that of the princesses" Val explained lightly, as his face became serious. If any mean spirtted being found out about such magic, theyd try to take it and use it for thier own evil purposes. So he had to protect this pony, whoever he or she was. Smiling to the other Vulpus, he remarked "Heh, its been rather difficult to locate this pony".

he seemed a little nervous now, "Oh wow... Well you never know... maybe that pony WON'T use the power for evil... but anyway... If you want, i can direct you in the direction of somepony who MAKES prosthetic legs... maybe he'll know more about your mystery pony..."

"Well... yeah, it might be fun... but it took me a long time to get this job... and i dont know what he woudl say... I mean, if the Princess were to give me some compensation, than maybe." he figured that she probably wouldnt give money to someone who she didnt know... and he thought that the pony talking to him wouldnt really want to pay him... he really DID need money though.