[Seasaddle Bay] I should have been born a Seapony...(OPEN)

Just as Val reached the end, his cockiness got the best of him as he tripped over and rock; and sailed; going face first as he skidded across the dirt. Raising his head up, he shook it in a cartoonish manner as he blushed lightly as he watched Sandy go past him; having beaten him. Getting to his hooves, he chuckled "Heh heh, looks like yah got me" he chuckled playfully to her as he grinned at Sandy playfully.

Sandy crossed the end of their race just as Val tripped. His playfulness eased the small knot of worry that had formed as he landed.

" Val, my dear, be careful when you fall...I only won because of that."she said, taking in the spectacular view that the Ridges offered.

Smiling, Val commented "I guess so huh? I got alittle to silly in that race, but its no big deal". Notcing the view that the ridges offered, Val trotted over towards them as he sat down next to Sandy. Staring out as he could see the ocean in the distance, val looked at Sandy as he smiled warmly, wrapping a hoof around her waist as he brought her into a gentle hug. "Its a really beautiful view isnt it" he asked softly, as the sky had changed to a bright oranish-yellow light, the sun reflecting off of the ocean and making the sky even more amazing.

Sandy's breath caught as the sun set, cuddling closer to Val as she tried to find words to describe what she was seeing.

"Its lovely...as breathtaking as in the Bay..." she whispered, nuzzling his neck in affection.

"Your breathtaking" Val commented casually, a smirk on his face to signify the amount of love that he was feeling right now towards Lila. Nuzzling his cheek against her, Val smiled as he noticed something at the bottom of the hill. Something shinny, and glowing so brihgtly that Val could have sworn that he was hearing some humming, or...singing? Blinking, he looked to Lila as he comented "Hey..do..do you hear that".

• 2 weeks later...

Sandy cocked her head and smiled, the strains of music faint but present. She nuzzled Val, listening to the music with him.

"It's...lovely. The music, the sunset, being with you...Val...there is so much...here...and here...that I cannot express..." she said, indicating her heart and head as she spoke.

Smiling thoughtfuly, Valoren wondered if this day could simply get any more wonderful. He had just gotten through a pretty fun race with the pony he loved, and quiet frankly; was enjoying the view. The marvelous setting that was before him, and the view of the illustrious Sandy. Looking into her eyes gently, he could swear that the music in the background changed into some soft, romantic melody. Feeling abit shy,he looked down for a moment as he found it hard to look into her eyes, but was able to regain his courage as he slowly looked up again. Leaning towards Sandy, he closed his eyes as he started to pucker his lips up, closer..and closer.. Just as his lips were about to make contact with hers, the silence was broken. BOOM!! A loud tremor through them both off balance, as Val whiped his head up; looking around rapidly for the source of the tremor. "What in the hay? What was that" he gawked in alarm. Feeling another tremor, he noticed then how close that it was to the two of them. It was so close, it was almost as if it was..behind them?!?! Whirling around, Val found himself looking at a rather powerful looking leg. Slowly following it up, his eyes slowly widdened in a mixture of awe and horror. Powerful looking claws, and teeth, a wicked looking tail; and leathery wings, he found himself staring at a dragon!! Freezing on the spot, he whiepsered into Sandy's ear; "Let's slowly get up..and try to move away. He isnt looking at us, so i dont think he has noticed us".

Sandy closed her eyes, waiting for Val's kiss when the boom startled her. She stared at the dragon, mild fear registering when she followed Val's instruction. She rose slowly, standing beside Val and speaking in a whisper.

" Val...if we go quickly, we should have plenty of time to hide...dragons like this big guy build be trouble..."She stated, easygoing the dragon take another step forward as she spoke.

"Indeed...hmm...take a look down there" Val pointed as he whispered to Sandy. At the bottom of the mountain, was a huge lake. An omnious glow seemed to be shinning from below as the two looked at each other curiously. Whatever it was, it looked pleasent...then again, anything was pleasant compared to the giant dragon right behind them. Taking baby steps towards the cliff, he whisepred "We'll rush down towards the lake as fast as we can since..well...do you hear that" he asked as the gentle hum of a Shoo-be-doop; entered into his brain. He had no idea where the singing was coming from, but it sounded rather pleasnt and enjoyable.

Sandy stepped over to Val, looking down at the lake. The glow was appealing, far more so than the dragon was.

"We can do that. The lake there is infinitely better than the risk of being dragon bait...and the music its coming from there." She said, nuzzling against Val before nudging a pebble down the other side of the ridges.

Unforunatly, the dragon seemed to pick up on there location by the sound of the pebble. Letting out a terrifying roar, Val shouted "Crud!!! We gotta go right now" as he leaped from the cliff whilst holding onto Sandys hoof. Now sliding down the slope, Val looked back up as he could see the dragon was racing after them!!! "Uuhhh...run down hill" he shouted as he got up from sliding and started to gallop.

Sandy ran alongside Val, occasionally sliding on the loose rocks. She charged, praying to Celestia that they would make it to the lake. It felt like hours of running before the lake reached her eyes. She risked looking back to see the dragon was still close behind them.

"Almost...there...Val...The dragon's....slowing down." She panted, adrenaline giving her the push she needed. Water closed over her head, the music that was faint from the Roughrider Ridges now clear as bells to her.

"You're new, aren't you? Don't worry, We'll hurry!" A voice said from below. A form arose from the lake and Sandy gasped. Was she seeing things in her fear now?

Val galloped faster, and faster and faster!! He felt like his legs were about to explode due to the fact that he was digging them rather roughly into the sides of the cliff, causing his hooves to ache. Yet he couldnt stop, not now!! If he ended up eaten by the dragon, then that would would leave Sandy all alone!! He couldnt do that to his marefriend!! if he was thinking cleary, then he would realize as a pegasus he could simply fly towards safety; but that would make mean he'd end up leaving Sandy. Charging like a minotaur towards the lake, Val blinked as he rubbed his eyes to see if he was seeing right, a glowing form had risen from the lake as it spoke in a soft female voice. Suddenly he was flying through the air towards the form as an unknown force swept him off his hooves as he crahsed into the lake; sinking into it as he failed to notice a large bubble started to surround him.

• Like 1

Sandy laughed in delight, the pony belonging to the form proving the myths hadn't died.

"You're a sea-pony! Val, look! I thought that sea-ponies were gone..." She said, watching Val rise from the lake in his bubble.

The sea-pony laughed, nodding as she saw the enthusiasm of Sandy.

"Indeed I am. What brings you here, pony of the land?" The sea-pony asked, her laughter bright as she popped the bubble that held Val.

Val thought that he was dreaming!! It..it couldnt be...co..could it? A sea pony right before him. Placing his nose against the bubble as he stared in awe, he watched as the pony playfully popped the bubble. "YAH" he gapsed as he fell into the water; getting completly soaked. Getting up, he spewed out some water from his mouth as he looked at the cheerful pony in amazement ."Sandy, this..this is incredible. I..Im completly blown away by what Im seeing here" he smiled in amamznet at the pony. Getting up, he offered a hoof to shake her..fin? "Ahh, hi. Im Valoren Seeker.." he introduced.

Sandy grinned at Val, watching the sea-pony with glee. She knew in her heart that he wouldn't leave her and she trusted this sea-pony inexplicably.

The sea-pony took Val's hoof in her fin, beaming at the couple before her.

"Hello Valoren Seeker. I am Moongazer, I watch over the Nimbusgait Lakes. This beautiul mare must be Sandy Shores, truly a mare that is no bore..." The sea-pony introduced, grinning at Sandy and Val. She watched as Sandy's muzzle dropped, the surprise in her eyes clear.

Val looked in awe at this whole situation. He couldnt believe that the legends were true, that sea ponies were real. Slowly getting next to Sandy, he smiled as he gently put a hoof around her shoulder. Nuzzling her gently, he smiled "Its really nice to meet you Moongazer" he greeted politlety. Hearing the pony saw Sandy's name, Val blinked "Wait..how..how did you know her name". Hearing her compliment Sandy, Val smiled as he gently wrapped his left wing around Sandy's waist; hugging her gently against his side. "Celestia yes, I've been blessed with the most beautiful mare in all of Equestria" he smiled at Sandy.

Sandy's jaw dropped, her question about how Moongazer knew her name asked by Val. She blushed when he complimented her, smiling at him.

I'm not that pretty, Val..." She muttered, blushing darker.

The sea-pony laughed, nodding as she saw the enthusiasm of Sandy.

"I hear from the occasional pegasus from the bay about a mare that swam like a sea-pony and was named Sandy. The dragon made meeting you suture handy. Valoren, you must truly love her...of that I can be sure." The sea-pony responded, watching the two with envy.

Valoren smirked as he nuzzled her cheek. "Heh heh, modest too" he chuckled lightly as he disagreed about how beautiful she truly was. Looking at Moongazer in curiosity, he questioned "Hmmmm, well she is a pretty fantastic swimmmer yes. But I have to say that your pretty lucky yourself. Must be nice to be able to swim to the deepest part of the ocean without worrying about air". He wondered to himself it it was even ppossible for other ponies apart from Sea ponies to be able to get so deep in the ocean. Apart from magic really, could a device be created that allowed them to breathe under water? It sounded so futuristic. "Yup, I truly do love her" Val smiled gently.

Sandy sighed in subdued pleasure, Val's words giving her all over again.

I love you, too, Val. Moongazer, you really are a wonderful pony...why wouldn't a male sea-pony like you?" She asked, nuzzling Val.

Moongazer looked at Val, curiosity lighting her eyes.

"The ocean? I've been here my whole life. What is an ocean? As far as I know, the only sea-ponies left are here in Nimbusgait Lake..." she sighed, curious aty what Val meant by the word ocean.

Smirking lightly in response, Val gently ran a hoof through Sandy's mane as he nuzzled her cheek gently. "Heh heh, what can I say? I like to speak the truth on how I feel". Turning back to Moongazer, Val asked "Thats very true. I think any male sea pony would like you very much. I mean, I havent met any to be honest but I bet that any would love to be with you". Being cut off by her question, he blinked "You dont know what the ocean is? Why, the ocean is exactly like a lake except its much bigger. Much, much bigger like....thousands of miles big".

Sandy blushed darker, Val's truth giving her a subtle pleasure. Hearing Moongazer's statement, she smiled again.

"Any male would love to be with you, Miss Moongazer...and the ocean is where I'm near. It's like Val said...a big lake that's thousands of miles across...it shimmers so prettily in the sunset..." She stated, grinning at Val before kissing him.

Moongazer smiled serenely, looking at the two while dreaming about seeing the ocean.

"I wish I could see the ocean with you two...but it is late and now sleep is due. Rest, my landbound pony friends. We sea-ponies of the lake will make sure no harm comes to your end." She said, gently pushing the two ponies to the edge of the lake where they could climb out easily.

As Val watched Moongazer leave, he called out to her "Heya, tell you what!! How about we lead you to the ocean tommorow!! Im sure you'll find that its just as awesome as the lake here!! You'll be even more free then you are now" he offered. Smiling as he turned to Sandy, Val grinned "Sure was an intersting day wasnt it? Meeting a sea pony!! I just cant believe that they actually exisct. I guess this whole time the rumors of ponies living underwater were true!! Hmm, I wonder if theres a type of magic however that could allow us to become sea ponies so we could see what the world is like from underwater. Why, its probably awhole other world beneath the water".

Sandy nodded, grinning at Val as she yawned. The excitement of the day had finally caught up with her.

"It must be...how wonderful it would be to live underwater...as for a magic, that's a question for a unicorn..."she murmured, nuzzling against Val for both warmth and companionship. The exhaustion was like a blanket for her, soothing the sleep into her weary body.

Chuckling in amusement, he shrugged "Hmmm, it certaintly must be a wonderful thing. If only such were possible for ponies such as us" he lamented in an almost sorrowful tone. Laying his head down next to Sandy, he stared up longinly at the night sky; noticing that the stars were out. A clear night for once. They had been having alot of foggy nights for the last couple of days, and it was definatly a nice change of pace to see something new and different. Staring at the lake, he raised a curious brow to see the same familar glow appear underwater. "Heh, must be having a party down there" Val chuckled lightly as he closed his eyes and started to drift into peaceful sleep.