[Ponyville Outskirts] "Have at you, foul beast!" [Closed]

Cat Napper

Mal scoffed. "Don't be a moron, Rain-boring. Even if I wanted to off the Princess, the one pony in Canterlot actually worthy of respect, it's such a ridiculously outlandish idea to even think there was any chance of it succeeding. He's the one who just admitted to wanting to overthrow her, however." She sneered at Dark. "Way to fall for that trick, by the way, 'DeMasque,' or whatever you're calling yourself today. I wonder, when you're done with this runt will you just pick up a new alias somewhere else?"

She should have known better than to bother with him. He'd showed off plenty of his foalishness when she'd met him at the gala, and she'd been so willfully overlooking it. Well no more, she would cleanse this moron from her mind and think no more of him. She turned her glare upon the red unicorn and gave a malicious grin. "Darn right I'm a spiteful nag! If you aren't spiteful you just invite ponies to walk all over you."

"And you!" She turned to stare venomously at Cat. "I wouldn't be so mad if you weren't such a complete and utter wuss! What are you even blithering about? If you want this moron, get off your flank and TAKE him, don't be so apologetic. If you don't stand up for yourself, you'll only drag him down to your level." She spat hatefully. "Ponies like you make me sick!"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pony sure was cruisin for a bruisin! She had the nerve to call HER boring!? A fine heated retort was prepared to come from the indignant Pegasus before the Unicorn began to let those other ponies have it with the insults. Jeez this girl was a walking ball of hatred now wasn’t she? Dash snorted and turned away from the unicorn, trying to bury the many, many violent thoughts in the deepest parts of her brain… admittedly not very far since they’d just rise up again at a moment’s notice! For now her gaze turned to the pony Mal was shooting the most venom at, DeMasque or some other kind of weird name. That wasn’t important.

So you have a problem with the princess then?” She asked him, tone low and steady. Before this day was over with she was going to deal with whoever wanted to do Princess Celestia any harm. She’d stood up to bigger dangers than random unicorns and if one wanted to take on the princess without going through her first….well….she just wouldn’t let that happen.

" Ugh, all the ponies in this place are CRAZY! " Berry mutters to herself angrily as she picked up the bucket of berries and fruits, having finally had enough of the insanity and the sheer amounts of volume that now permeated the area so entirely. Between the noisy pony with the one eye, to the potentials for some kinda pony assassination attempt on the Princess's life - Berry had pretty much heard enough and was no longer about to sit here and simply tolerate the whole ridiculous scene!

" Can't even come out here for a moments peace, can I? " She growls between firmly clenched teeth gripping the handle of the wicker basket containing her prize.

In all the excitement, she hadn't picked up on the one good thing that had taken place...all of Catnapper and Dark's exchange having been missed and instead the completely aggressive natured Mal and her current target of vitriolic rantings, Rainbow Dash.

For the most part, she hadn't really noticed Inkwell. It wasn't really anything personal, she was just preoccupied with the noisier aspects of the current situation!

This was when she simply and silently walked over towards Mal's direction...not heeding or watching anypony else - in fact, the only thing she did do was scuff the ground hard with her back left hoof, 'accidentally' jerking some dried mud in her direction as Berry continues to walk away from the rowdy gathering, deciding that no matter what, anywhere else was pretty much better than being around an environment tainted with such levels of bitterness from this one pony!

Dark snorted, "The name is Dark Core! And you'd do well to remember it. DeMasque was but an alias. Sneaking into the Gala and giving out my real name would be foalish." he said returning the glare, who was SHE to judge him of all ponies. He'd remember this that's for sure, she moved from one list to the other in the shortest amount of time ever, that Dark can recall. So much for being able to keep a dance partner after all of this. Maybe Cat can dance well? If not, Dark was sure he could teach her to be as good as...no! BETTER THAN Mal! That'll show her, he thought.

Glancing at the chromatic maned pony, Dark rolled his emerald eyes, "Of course I have a problem with the Princess. Both of them really. They're in my way. What self respecting villain trying to take over the world, WOULDN'T have a problem with the current regime? Of course I'd be a fool to try and get rid of them right now. One step at a time after all, the slow and steady process of corrupting the masses against them. It could take month, years, who knows? But it's a start. And a wonderful one at that!" he said with a malicious grin. The 'evil' colt really had NO idea who he was talking to. Not that it mattered nor did he or would he care if he knew, "And if you've a problem with that, well just take a number, you wouldn't be the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last. All will be dealt with eventually."

Rose heard Cat pour her heart out to Rose, and she couldn't help but smile. She didn't care what Mal said about Cat being soft, it still did Rose's heart good to see Cat find somepony for her. She'd have to make sure that everything turned out all right, that Cat didn't make the same mistakes Rose did.

"I understand," Rose said, "and I think Inky'll be just fine with this. From what I hear, he hasn't gotten his hopes up that much. You just make sure that you let him down gentle as soon as you can, alright? The worst thing you can do is lead him on." Her smile exposed a bit too much teeth, and she raised her hoof a bit too close to Cat's face, giving the little pegasus a good look at the hard edge on the bottom. "Remember that."

Then she heard Dark blather on about whatever stupid thing he was talking about, acting like a villain straight out of a comic book. "What self-respecting villain would blather about his plans and intentions to ponies who had the means and motivation to stop him?" she retorted, giving Rainbow Dash a glance as she talked. "You're not very good at villainy, are you? Now, if I was a villain with plans to grab control, I'd bide my time and put on a facade of trustworthiness, disguising my affinity for dark magic and nightmarish beasts from beyond the fabric of space and time as a harmless fiction-related hobby, living a double life as a novelist and dispenser of romantic advice with unsuspecting friends and family to cover up for the rituals I practice in secret. Then one day, I'll be powerful enough to make an army to take Canterlot by surprise. They'll never see it coming."

Rose smiled wide at Dark and Cat, then giggled. "But that's a big if." She leaned in to whisper to Cat. "Seriously though, I'm going to trust you enough to believe that you see something in this goober that I don't."

Uh... what. That was it, that was IT. No more nice Cat! Clearly she was doing absolutely no wrong to this one eyed horror show, she was foolish for even thinking so! She was just a rude, jealous old hag, picking on younger ponies for no good reason!

"Pardon me for saying so... miss 'Malediction' or whatever you name is." Cat started, gritting her teeth and flaring her wings angrily, a stark contrast to her fearful behavior only moments earlier.

"But, tell me, why does ANYTHING that goes on between Dark and I matter in the least to you? And also, how old ARE you?" She snorted and stomped at the ground, instinctively taking a defensive pose in front of the colt she loved.

"You're telling me to make my move, for Celestia's sake, I did! You were right here when I did, too! What the hay's wrong with you? I love him. But, why is that ANY of your business AT ALL?"

At this point, Cat didn't care what was done to her. She had to speak her mind, this was just far too ridiculous. All she wanted today was a darn nap, and instead she got a hoof-full of useless drama.

"You know, I honestly don't GIVE a flying ponyfeather if I look like a wuss, I'd rather that than be a creepy, rude, obnoxious, old, one eyed DEMON pony who relies on intimidation to make herself seem important!" She spat these insults from her tongue like stinging poison, snorting angrily and, thanks to her strong words, seeming more intimidating than if she'd relied on her limited physical strength to show her frustration.

"Now, do us all a favor, and go teach yourself how to socialize. Maybe then you'll be able to get a colt to like you! Let alone anypony!"

With an angry snort, Cat turned away from Mal, making a point to ignore her for the rest of the say, and turned her attention back to Rose just in time to hear her 'friendly' advice.

After that outburst of hers, Cat barely even noticed the subtle threats her dear friend made towards her regarding Inky and his feelings.

"Rose, you know I will definitely tell Inky as soon as I can, I'm not risking any more hurt than what's gonna happen.. he's my best friend you know? I wouldn't do anything that immoral to anypony, let alone Inkwell!" Ignoring failed, and she just had to get one more smart comment out. "Unlike someponies," She flashed her gaze back to Mal as she said this. "I care about feelings, and I don't like hurting at all."

Reassuringly, the filly reached a hoof up to pat the red unicorn's shoulder. "Don't you worry about a thing, Rose. I won't let you down, I swear on my wings!"

Adding on in a hushed tone so that only Rose would be able to hear her, she added on. "There's much more to Dark than his 'villainy' heheh, I've experienced the real pony he his firsthoof. I just wish he'd show that side more often."

Mal snorted. "Yeah sure, Dark Core, that sounds like a real name. I mean, I could care less about you using an alias. Seriously, do you think Malediction is a real name?" She rolled her eyes. "But if you're dating her, she ought to know the truth." She sighed. She'd really only seen him in a certain light at the gala, now he was rapidly dispelling her illusions of him. And Cat was right, he was probably a good 4 years her junior. Better Mal's false hopes be crushed now than allow them to fester.

She turned to Cat and smiled malevolently. Since the little filly was now attempting to flee her retribution, Mal broke into a canter, running around to get face to face with her again. Cat could try to ignore her, but she was gonna make sure she was still heard. She stood face to face with the little runt and said, "Well well well, I guess you've got some fire in you after all." She grinned. "Guess I owe you an apology. I won't give it to you, but I owe it. But you can have my blessing. Good luck. You'll need it. Oh, and maybe if you want to see more of his non-villain side, you should show your non-pathetic side more, too."

She turned away from them. "Well whatever." Her gaze passed between Rainbow Dash and Dark Core. "You two gonna fight? 'Cause I'd love to see what, if anything, the famous Rainbow Dash can actually do."

Ugh! She didn't need to deal with all of this uselessness! The would be threatener of the princess was in love with...Cat? Rainbow blinked as she looked over and down at the pegasus. Yeah...anything in love with that couldn't be too evil now could it? Sure she could get pretty riled up for a tiny thing but no pony was perfect. She pondered for a moment as Cat went on the assault with her pointed words, by was she glad she wasn't on the receiving end of that. While impressive...the pony's insults seemed to have no effect on Mal. Apparently there was no threat to her....or the princess...not a serious one at least, present. She turned to Mal as the pony addressed her about a fight.

"Me fight that guy?" She gestured with a hoof at Dark. "Nah...Rainbow Dash doesn't go around and beat up harmless ponies." Now that she though about it all she heard was him TALKING really big. Until she saw some action then that guy was safe.

Dash spread out her wings, stretching them wide before staring around at the assembled ponies once more, her gaze lingered on Dark and Mal for a few moments, she would have to keep a look out for those two. Suddenly she zipped off, rainbow trail following her along the ground before she gave a powerful leap into the air, wings catching the breeze as she soared high up into the clouds.

(Exit Dash)

Dark snorted, who was this mare to tell HIM he wasn't good at villainy? She knows nothing about him! Why if he wasn't in such a nice, good, not blow ponies up mood, he'd have to think of just how to slowly torture her for her outright disrespect for a villainous mastermind! "Hrmph. I'm perfectly capable thank you very much, villainy is my life after all, and you've no business butting in your opinion on what should or shouldn't be construed as evil! I know what I'm doing, and by Nightmare Moon's mane, I'll be dead and buried before I let ANYONE, tell me how to be a villain!" he stated defensively to Rose; though being entirely nonthreatening as he looked, it held little to nothing backing it up.

Sputtering upon being called harmless, Dark stomped feeling rather insulted, "Harmless? BAH! Someday you'll see, you'll all see. You'll rue the day you thought Dark Core was harmless!" he said, ranting once more; why did near everypony decide to try and rile him up today? Couldn't it have been some other time, one where he wasn't already a bundle of nerves that felt like they were on fire? With a sigh Dark took a few deep breaths, finally letting everything sink in. He was able to do it, he was able to tell Cat how he felt, and best of all she felt the same. As far as he was concerned, nothing could ruin today; even the two attitudinal ponies, Mal and Rainbow Dash, weren't really able to bring Dark's mood down. Just make him snippy...Er. Snippier, that is.

Walking over to Cat, and doing his best to ignore Malediction's presence, Dark kicked a hoof across the ground lightly, "So uhm. Yeah, sorry for, messin up your quiet spot, I know you come out here to relax heh. If I hadn't shown up, maybe it would have at least been a bit more peaceful."

Rose's advice went in one of Dark Core's ears and out the other. The little twerp was sticking to his guns, whether Rose liked it or not. But she supposed it didn't really matter in the end. "Suit yourself, squirt," she said. "That's just what I'd do." Nopony around had gotten her joke, either. Perhaps it was too subtle for them, or maybe they all had other things on their minds, too. That was probably the case with Cat, what with this whole romance she'd found herself wrapped up in all of a sudden.

She wondered when Cat would break the news to Inkwell. Hopefully it would be today or tomorrow. It was such a shame this had to happen, though. Inkwell was so happy and lovestruck after the gala. He was just starting to experience the magic of love. But then, who said it had to end here? "Say, Cat," Rose asked. "I don't suppose you know about any other Ponyville mares Inkwell might warm up to?"

While she waited for an answer, she turned to Malediction. "I don't suppose it's too much to ask for you to lighten up a bit?" she asked. "I mean, there's more to life than fighting, you know."

• 1 month later...

After that outburst of her's, Cat felt like she didn't know the definition of the word 'fear.' She stood as high on her hooves as she could and stared back at Malediction, stubborn anger still shining in her gaze. She listened, looking very confused the more the unicorn spoke to her. Wait.. so, she was.. waaait. Did Mal work the same way as everypony else here? Rudeness gets respect, while kindness gets ridiculing... what world was she from?! Cat didn't speak, she stayed completely silent, taking every word that was directed towards her with the same defiant look. She wouldn't allow this pony to step all over her again!

Interesting how quickly moments of extreme emotion came and left in the little, quickly dispersing group of ponies. Rainbow Dash, clearly fed up, left the scene with the long gone third mare. At least things seemed to calm down, even though Mal was still present. With a subtle glance in her direction, Cat wondered what in the world she was still doing there anyways? Standing there, looking rather frightening still with that gunk smeared all over. The little filly shrugged, she was less intimidated by her now, and she'd give the unicorn the cold shoulder until she finally decided to leave them be.

Rose's question got her to stop and think for a moment. Cat never really was lucky enough to meet many mares in Ponyville, let alone many ponies in general.

"I dunno.. heheh, get'm hooked up with Rainbow Dash and you'll get all my bits hehhe!" She grinned, chuckling at the idea of what a wimp like Inky would do around somepony like Dash. Make a total idiot of himself, no doubt, she thought with a giggle. "On second thought, that might not be a good idea heheh.."

Again switching her attention with a soft, gentle smile to Dark, the little filly tentatively walked over to him with a soft blush and gave the colt a warm nuzzle. Blushing bright, the pegasus would have to find someway to quickly get herself over how odd it felt showing so much affection to her best friend.

It felt nice though.. very nice.

"I'd ask how you know that I come here heheh.." She pulled away from the nuzzle, a wide, happy smile spread over her reddened face. "Why dont'cha ever join me? You know.. actually, come join me right now." Cat gave the silly colt an encouraging nudge and trotted back over to her spot beneath the tree. "We've got a lot of things we need to talk over, don't we? Hooves splayed out lazily beneath her petite body, Cat rolled over onto her back and playfully stuck her tongue out at the self proclaimed villain, waiting to see just what it was he'd do.

Mal scoffed at Dark. "There's no use trying to reason with that one," she said to Rose. "Let him fail on his own. At least he stands up for his foalishness, pathetic though it may be. Still better than most ponies who cower at the thought of our overlords." She paused, finally considering Rose's earlier statement now that she had said her peace to the little runt.

"So what's all this about dark magic?" Mal of course had no idea that Rose was a fiction writer, so the joke went over her head, but any mention of forbidden knowledge drew her attention. She walked up to Rose, closing in to menacing distance and lowering her voice. "If you happen to know of anything like that, I'd be awfully curious. Maybe even enough that I'd be willing to trade for it. Not that I want to do anything stupid with it, I know better than to mess with the Princesses, unlike Doofus over there, I just have an interest in the freedom of information. See, there's something other than fighting I can get behind."

Mal had completely lost interest in Dark and Cat now, and she ignored them as they wandered off to do their lovey dovey rubbish. She grinned disturbingly at Rose. It may have been just an offhand comment about dark magic, but Mal was not one to give up on a lead, regardless of how far-fetched it may be.

Dark grumbled, doing his best to ignore the chiding and, in his opinion, stupid, remarks spouting from both Malediction and Rose, 'What do THEY know about being evil? Not a THING!' Dark thought to himself, 'Oh but they'll get theirs, yesssss, they'll get theirs all in due time! But for now I...' the thoughts in his head where cut short as his friend, or, now he guessed, fillyfriend, walked over and gently nuzzled him, melting away most of his angry thoughts, at least enough to where he could smile a little more.

"Well uhm..." he stammered in response as Cat walked over to her tree, with a gulp and a sigh, Dark followed her over, chuckling lightly at her silliness. A genuine laugh, not just a maniacal laugh in an attempt to induce fear, or a forced chuckle, but it seemed like he was actually, well, happy! With a smile, the colt plopped down next to Cat Napper and nodded, "Y-yeah, I suppose we do huh? Well....The reason I know you come here is, well, I've been watching for a while, just ahh....Never got up the courage to say anything." he replied, blushing brightly, doing his best to hide it.

Well, that was a suggestion Rose didn't see coming. Inkwell and Rainbow Dash, huh? She pondered it for a whopping five seconds before she found herself agreeing with Cat on the ridiculousness of the whole premise. Even if the confident, take-charge athlete did end up with the timid, sensitive artist, she couldn't imagine Inkwell enjoying the relationship for long. Though she pretended otherwise, Rose knew how much she tended to rub her brother the wrong way, and Rainbow Dash would most likely push exactly the same buttons with him. "Pfft. Good one, Cat. But you're right, I think I ought to be looking in a completely different direction. And probably leaving the two of you alone, too."

She smiled and turned away, eager to leave the two lovebirds with the details of their new relationship, when that unpleasant, one-eyed mare spoke up and asked her about those dark magics from that earlier joke. Rose stared at her for a moment. Of all the ponies to take her claims of being an evil mastermind seriously, it had to be an actual evil mastermind? What could she say to that? "Well, actually..."

An idea turned over in Rose's head, and she started to get a wicked grin on her face. "Actually, I don't share prime information with just anyone. For all I know you could be looking for a weakness in my plans, an opportunity to eliminate the competition. Buuut I suppose there is one lead I can share with the likes of you."

Her eyes darted back and forth as she leaned in to whisper her 'secret' to Malediction. Why she felt so giddy, she didn't know. After all, Mal might seriously hurt her if she found out she was being taken for a fool. But wasn't that what she did with her work anyway? The only difference was that Mal was not yet in on the joke.

"It concerns an artifact rumored to be hidden within the expanse of the Everfree Forest," she said. "It's an artifact dating back from before the reign of Celestia and Luna, before even Discord." Oh, this was so much fun! "Back then, there were cults dedicated to the worship of the dark god B'Zor, an unfathomable entity from beyond the fabric of reality. The slightest glimpse of its true form, a body that's at once exceedingly vast and impossibly small, everywhere and nowhere at once, is enough to warp a pony's mind forever.

"Its followers almost destroyed the planet by summoning it to our plane of existence, but somepony stopped them at the eleventh hour. Somehow they killed B'Zor, and then they scoured the world for signs that it ever existed, for fear that if knowledge of its existence spread wide enough, it would rise again. I only managed to find out what I know through diligent scrying of the astral plane."

With each sentence Rose spoke, she thought of what her next one would be, spinning them completely from scratch. "They were very, very thorough. But apparently they missed a spot. One of B'Zor's eyes landed in what would later become the Everfree Forest. Perhaps it was the catalyst for the forest's growth. Who knows? It's buried deep beneath the soil, sleeping, waiting for an enterprising practitioner of the black arts to find it. It offers knowledge beyond your wildest dreams... and the promise of oblivion."

Rose tilted her head and gave Mal a little shrug. "Or so the legend goes, anyhow. I'm used to playing with fire, but honestly, that whole business is too big of a gamble for me. I'll stick to the black masses at midnight, personally."

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh, well, what're you scared of silly?" The little filly righted herself in a quick movement and laid back down on her belly, attentively turned towards her.. now, coltfriend. Wow.. she'd hardly imagined it'd be this weird to see her best friend in such a new light. She always did think he was cute, not a massive, masculine tank of a pony at all like she'd always expected anypony that'd impress her to be. That didn't bother her at all, and the thought was brushed away as quickly as it came, and she turned her gaze to the very detail that gave away who the colt was upon meeting him that fateful day after the Gala. His eyes.

The pegasus inched herself a tad closer with a slightly dazed smile, the look on her face said her mind was a million and a half miles away. What a brilliant shade, bright emerald green, and so expressive too! She'd always heard of ponies who's eyes gave away their emotions, and many times before she'd been told she too had that quality. But she'd never really noticed it in somepony else before. She could see it all, and Cat figured then it was true, eyes are a window into an individual's soul.

After a moment, she brought herself back into reality, having spaced off in her little realm of over thinking, now just letting herself lean against Dark, hoping she wasn't really bothering him with her affections. She was still blushing, and just as unused to it as the villain was, and she didn't quite know what impulses told her it was a good idea to really be this open.

"It's just me after all, heheh, just a silly little filly." The pegasus said, breaking herself from her silent thoughts.

"What does this mean for us, Dark?" Cat sat up, still looking as relaxed as ever but with a little bit more of a serious tone. And to clarify; "This means, we ARE.. more than friends now, right..?" Cat figured that much, but it was better to be safe than make a tota idiot of herself.

• 2 weeks later...

Mal glared at Rose, her expression hardening more and more as the red unicorn spoke. "Do you think I'm an idiot? I've never heard such a load of horseapples. I mean first, have you actually read up on the forest at all? 'Cause I've read plenty, and I never heard of nothing even remotely like that. And second, I've been in and out of the Everfree looking for ruins and junk just like that, and you know what I've found? Nothing! So if you actually have some information on an actual location, I'd love to hear it, but baseless legends you may have heard from the uneducated rubes who inhabit places like Ponyville? No thanks."

She snorted and scuffed at the ground with one hoof. "Anyway, if that's the best line of inquiry you can recommend, I've got better ways to waste my time. Plenty of credible sources that will all likely end up leading to nothing without wasting time with mumbo jumbo that's guaranteed to do so. Mal sighed and glanced back at the other two.

"Ugh, regardless, this place is starting to drag. I'm out of here, leave these sickos to their..." She gagged slightly "Lovey dovey stuff. You can stay here and peep on them if you really want. I'm going back to a real city, getting this wound treated around here is probably worse than leaving it open to fester." With that she started walking, intent on bypassing Ponyville proper on her way back to Canterlot.

Dark cleared his throat with a small cough, though no cough right now could clear his racing mind, he thought it'd calm by now. After all, he got the hardest part out of the way, with no consequences! With a bit of a chuckle the villain shrugged, "I heh...I don't really know. I mean, I shouldn't be scared of anything. I know of no villain who fears anything!" he replied. As Cat stared deeply into his eyes, he couldn't help but stare back, even as a crimson blush spread across his face. Grey. Most ponies would think it wasn't a very interesting colour, rather dull. But Dark on the other hoof found them deeply endearing, soothing pools of mercury tinted beauty. He could look at them all day he thought, if it wouldn't interfere with his eloquently elaborate epitome of evil escapades.

As his new found fillyfriend leaned herself on him, Dark squeaked lightly, and smiled, leaning back against her, "Maybe that's why...If it were anypony else, there would have no fear, because there'd be nothing to say. No words to find. No heartbeat running away. No butterflies in my stomach...No fun." he said, nuzzling the filly with a happy chuckle, "I...well of course it does! I mean...should anything change? I mean, we can hang out more if you want right. That's something! Maybe we can work on evil plans together."

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as Malediction started to get indignant, Rose lost her composure and started to double her head with laughter. It took a while for her to calm down enough for her to make a response. "Ohhh, boy. Wow, you sure saw right through me, didn't you? Yeah, I made it all up. I'm a writer. It's what I do. No hard feelings, right?" She stuck out a hoof for Mal to shake, but shock of all shocks, she didn't take it. Instead she just stormed off in a huff. "What, can't you take a joke?" Rose asked. "Sorry I wasted your time and all, but you really need to lighten up!"

Rose sighed. Malediction was gone, and Rose had to admit that she probably didn't make a good impression. But really, what kind of pony was she? All serious and plotting all the time. What did Celestia ever do to her?

That just left her with Cat Napper and Dark Core. From the looks of things, they were completely engaged in their own affairs. So Rose left them to discussing their own affairs, hoping that Inkwell wouldn't be too disappointed when he heard the news.

Cat's attention wasn't once drawn away from the lovely, happy emotions clouding her brain, not even with Malediction's fussy exit. She did though, perk her ears and slightly lift herself off of Dark to stare in Rose's direction as she made her leave. "Oh for the love of.. yeah, see ya later too Rose!" She rolled her eyes with a silly smirk, returning to her original position snuggling up against her coltfriend's shoulder. "Heheh, I swear, the ponies I call my friends these days.." And then, the filly sat up with a meaningful smile, unable to really take her eyes off the odd colt beside her.

"Don't you ever wonder what havin' friends is like, Dark?" She asked, without a hint of scorn in her curious voice, head tilted slightly to the side. "I mean, well, you're just.." Her mind took her back to their first meeting at the Gala, smiling softly in amusement as she remembered his 'charming' way of greeting the pegasus. "Well, you kinda push 'em away." Cat stretched her little body out again with a soft shake of her pelt, sending locks of her scruffy brown mane down over her eyes, which she lazily tucked away with a forehoof.

And then somehow, it hit her, and she was slightly surprised at how long it took her to fully realize this. They were alone now.

Everything suddenly felt that much more real, she and her misunderstood coltfriend finally had their time together without the interruptions of others or, drama from old hag mares or whatever.

The tiny filly gave a little sigh and crossed her hooves in front of her, lowering her head to rest it upon her legs. Truth being, she didn't really know what to do. Relationship stuff was just.. something entirely new to her. Thinking about it, Cat never really imagined herself doing any of the ridiculous dramatic stuff the teens in Cloudsdale did.

After a few moments of thought, Cat smiled, as she realized what she was doing wrong. She was forcing ideas into her brain, with templates from the outside world of what romance was. All she had to do to make it work, was let it flow naturally, as it had done so to get as far as they had. She adjusted her positioning in the grass beside the unicorn, extended her wing, and gently ran her feathers playfully across Dark's side. After all, pegasus feathers WERE said to be the most ticklish of them all.

Dark's attention wasn't taken from Cat either, while he wasn't used to the emotions he was feeling, he did know that they were very distracting. Which wasn't so bad really. But the only problem Dark found was...what was he supposed to do, now that he and Cat were dating? Was there some set of rules he was supposed to follow? A code? Did he have to say certain things a certain way at certain times? Deciding it was too confusing to think about right now, Dark pushed that to the back of mind, deciding to focus on the now. Glancing over slightly, Dark too spotted Rose absconding from the scene; he was thankful for that. "Friends? I never had use for them. Friends are friends to your face and nothing but trouble behind your back. The one 'friend' I had turned out to...Well that's not important right now. You on the other hoof, you're the exception that proves the rule. But then again, you're not a friend, you're something else." he said with a smile. The dark dyed colt sure was an odd one, but he did seem to mean what he said.

Dark's composure wasn't held very long as Cat brushed her wing against his side, "HRK! Pffthaha, hehe-hey q-quit that! No fair! Foul play!" he said flailing lightly, tickling, his one...or well...in his mind his one weakness; but of course the colt had many weaknesses, though he would never admit it, even if faced with said weakness! Attempting to 'escape', Dark tried to curl up under his cape as a form of defense, "Ahahah! Can't get me now can you?" he said jokingly.

The pegasus drew her wing back and sat down in the grass across from Dark, not even attempting to hold back her giggles anymore, there was no reason to. "Ohhh drat, you got me! Heheh, alrighty, no matter. I'll just have to breach your defenses then." Cat extended not one of her wings, but BOTH this time, and playfully tackled the colt, pinning him beneath her tiny body in an attempt to expose him again. "S'not like I haven't had to do that before, you grumpy little thing you~!"

Though, by some stroke of luck, she decided against tickling Dark again, and her wings folded down across her back once more. Rather, she found another way to muscle her way past that castle walls the unicorn kept around his real self. Somehow with her tiny size she managed to keep the villain pinned beneath her for a bit, just long enough for her to reach down slowly, and gently brushed her nose against his, simply taking the moment to enjoy the closeness she had with her coltfriend, and then in a quick transition, she pulled him into their second kiss, lasting only a bit longer than the first, now that they were alone.

All the same, the filly broke it off all too soon, and quickly darted away, leaving Dark on the ground as she came to a halt a few feet away. The look on her face as she took her running stance in the tall, whispy grass was enough to make anyone grin, a silly challenging smirk spread over her face as she scuffed a hoof through the dirt beneath her, giving a little snort.

"Betcha can't catch me!" She issued the challenge with a happy giggle, and soon after sprung into the air and took flight, though Cat was never a cheater. She simply kept herself flying at a height that Dark could still reach, she just happened to be faster on wing than on hoof.

Dark squeaked in surprise as Cat suddenly tackled him, pinning him to the ground with surprising strength; not saying Dark was strong by any means, swift and somewhat agile, but strength was not the colt's strong suit. Deciding to play along with his new fillyfriend, Dark put forth a faux struggle, knowing he could more than likely escape her clutches, should he want to, "Curses! Now who has whom huh? Sneaky filly. I'll have to keep an eye on you, Discord knows what trouble you'll get me into~" he said teasingly sticking out his tongue, just as she brushed her nose against, causing the colt to blush a bright red. Just he was about to respond, the filly placed a kiss on his lips, causing him to entirely lose his train of thought, making him a stammering mess for a few moments once more.

Regaining his senses as Cat got off him, hopping up into the air after giving a cocky silly smirk, Dark hopped to his hooves and chuckled, "Oh, is that a challenge missy?" he said eyeing the hovering pegasus. He knew she could be rather speedy, quickly, Dark attempted to jump up, grabbing at Cat's back hoof in an attempt to pull her back down.

• 2 weeks later...

As swift as a hummingbird, Cat gave her wings a few beats and soared quickly up and out of Dark's reach, darting through the air, the little filly swerved around and teasingly fluttered in front of the colt for a moment, sticking her tongue out teasingly. "Gotta be quicker than that to get me!" She grinned, and in a flash, had turned around and, in a blatant showing off display of her agility, flew a few loops and zig zags through the air.

Though, in no time, the filly's limited energy began to take its toll on her, and her darting slowed, potentially allowing the villain to make a second attempt at catching her as she paused in mid air to catch her breath and give her worked wings a brief rest.

Trying desperately to catch the flitting filly, Dark huffed, 'This was going to be tough...' he thought as he watched Cat practically dance through the air; she certainly was agile, he would give her that. But would she have the energy to keep it up. Jumping and grasping, just barely missing each time, the colt couldn't help but laugh, wondering if he could ever catch her; but sure enough, her energy began to die down, as she rested in the air right out of Dark's grasp...Or so she thought. Thinking quickly, Dark used the nearby tree to get some height by running up its side and kicking off towards Cat in a play to hug tackle the filly to the ground. Luckily, even if it didn't work, the field would surely make a soft landing. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Caught offguard as she panted slightly, trying to disguise how truly worn out she was, Cat let out a loud squeak as Dark finally got a hold of her. Yanked out of the sky and pinned beneath the colt's body, the little pegasus was simply too tired to care about her defeat, and sat there with a wide grin, half panting, half giggling. "Okay, hahh, you got me.. ngh, congrats..." Her grin melted into a soft, loving smile and she reached out with her forehooves to pull her coltfriend close in a loving embrace, burying her snout in his mane in a soft nuzzle. "You got me.. in.. more ways than one.." Cat giggled, wings giving an excited flutter. Seems the villain had caught both her physically, and her heart, though she definitely found this to be too cheesy to really explain. He could figure out what she meant after all, Dark wasn't a complete idiot.

"So, Dark, what you said earlier.. I'm not a friend, I'm something else.." The little filly grinned and lay there in the colt's embrace, as comfortable as ever, being this close to Dark seemed perfectly natural to her and not a single thought was given to how odd it was that somepony she considered her best friend was now so much more. "Can't I be your friend too? Your friend, and your fillyfriend?" She didn't see anything wrong with it, in fact the idea made her feel so special. So suddenly lovestruck, Cat was surprised she was even able to think right enough to figure this out. They still acted like friends, what said they couldn't be more, and yet, still keep that same friendly relationship? "I promise, I'll be the best friend-fillyfriend-whatever I possibly can.. for you."