RP - NPCs?

DantonDamnark

I was thinks: "Would it be a good idea to have NPCs in Pony RPs?"

It got me to thinking of how they would work and what their basics would be and I think I've got some.

RP NPC Attributes

• Used as minor/comic roles
    • Example: Character gives RPers a quest/is the one who "starts" the RP

[*]For use by (almost) anypony

• By "almost", I mean the creator can allow for anypony to use them or require them to ask permission.

[*]Character is (mostly) open ended, allowing for adaption for others.

I've also got a slightly modified version of the RP Application to possibly be used as an NPC Application Template.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Pelt Color:[/b]
[b]Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Cutie Mark:[/b]
[b]Physique:[/b]
[b]NPC Type:[/b] - Types: FiM Character, OC
[b]Occupation:[/b] (optional)
[b]Description of Character:[/b] - A very short version of Character Summary. Very simple, no story.
[b]Permission Type:[/b] - Types: FfA(Free for All), PM(PM the creator)

This is very basic right now, I'm hoping to get more input before adding anything else.

NPC's don't need applications, honestly. That's more work for us for a character that may only ever get used by one individual. There's nothing wrong with having NPC's as long as they're only ever used as background and not as characters that stand alone doing their own thing. Background menton, or as color, that's fine. As soon as they become regular characters as part of an RP, that's when they're going to need an application. If you -want- to have some details about an NPC that may or may not show up, you could maybe have something in your log but what we don't want is people creating characters to circumvent the application process. Starting characters off as NPC's and then turning them into full-fledged roleplay characters by shortcutting the process in this way is something we really don't want to see.