Dusty Relic

MephistoFiesta

iaza15362016621200.png

Name: Dusty Relic

Aliases: Little Skysoul (Honorary Buffalo Name)

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus, but her father was an earth pony. As such she has some recessive earth pony genes.

Coat Color: Navy blue with a white backside (refer to the picture.)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Dustys mane is a short, uneven cut up to her neck, and her tail is a two bladed fork style, which is also white.

Eye Color: Dark blue

Cutie Mark: The hieroglyphic A, which resembles a bird. A_as_in_water.png

Physique: Relatively lean, and a few inches shorter then Pinkie Pie (as a reference). She is obviously not built for fighting, but for speed.

Origin: Dusty was born in what is now Appleloosa, after her parents, two treasure hunters, had to stop travelling in an expedition. Her parents were hunting with a famous archeologist, Doctor Soulsand. They were an archeological dig in the Buffalo Camp, and Dusty's mother, Golden Shine, gave birth to her. Since she was born in the buffalo territory, the tribe adresses her as an honorary buffalo. Her traditional buffalo name, which she is adressed by sometimes, is Little Skysoul. Dusty was raised in a small village outside of Trottingham. There, Dusty's father, Rusty Relic, taught her about archeology.

One of her first explorations was outside the village. She was looking through the damage from an avalanche that occurred at a nearby mountain range when she found an iron door underneath a few boulders. (Which she pushed out of the way due to seeing a strange print on one, turning out to be the door). She ventured in and found a secret tunnel,finally reaching a stone door. Beyond the door was a gigantic treasure trove, covered in gems, jewelry, and statues. On the mantle was a painting of the Princess's, and she came to the conclusion it was meant to be a form of tribute to them. When she learned to follow her instincts and understand the feeling of discovery, she decided she would an archeologist, and her cutie mark appeared.

After finding her cutie mark, Dusty got an official education Manehatten, but studied abroad in Unyasi. She had went on her first group expedition there, and had some run-ins with unfriendly creatures. This gave her a taste of the danger ahead, and she loved it. Now, she travels all around, but has a real home (owned by a landlord, she pays rent to own it), in Fillydelphia. She spends a lot of time in Appleloosa and the Everfree forest, however, and sleeps in hotels and other places.

Roleplay Type: Mane Roleplay

Occupation: Dusty is generally an archeologist and treasure hunter, but is mainly an explorer at an archeological society. She is a part of the Dirt Pots society, an explorers guild. Lots of her money comes from trading artifacts with others. She hopes to own an antique store someday.

Motivation: Dusty's true motivation is the pursuit of knowledge. She has a huge sense of curiosity. She wants to find out secrets, discover new places, and find out about her history. Another dream of hers is to travel with Doctor Soulsand. He stays out of the public eyes and his location is almost never known. As such, she wants to find the mysterious doctor and learn from him.

Likes: Old things, books, treasure, spicy food, travelling, hot climates, buffalo, bugs

Dislikes: Pickles, know-it-alls, ignorant people, overly sweet food, more pickles.

Character Summary:

Dusty is a very intelligent pony. She loves to share her knowledge, which sometimes gets her into trouble. She is mature enough to have adult conversations, but is still acts childlike and lacks life experience. She likes to have fun, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She is extremely disorganized, and is a bit flighty at times. She is very determined and loyal, which may make her seem stubborn. But, she has a really good heart. She has a good sense of justice and really loves her friends. She is a bit cynical, but really just calls them how sees them. She is usually very tough, and only shows if shes hurt to people she trusts. It's easy to make friends with her, but difficult to earn her complete trust. She's acceptant of other ponies but is prone to making assumptions about them until they prove her wrong

Dusty has a very big relationship with the Appleloosan buffalo. She is considered a member of the tribe, and as such visits a lot. Her guild, the Dirt Pots guild, goes on expeditions very often there. She knows how to read buffalo, as well as speak in traditional griffon, and read ancient Celestian (Old canterlot writing) She loves treasure, and can be a bit greedy at times. She's more interested in the historical value, or as a symbol of her victory. At one point, while getting her archeological education in Equipt (Egypt, home of the camels.), she encountered a dragon. With a lot of fighting and a really sore belly, she got a scale. This shows her determination and love for her craft.

One thing she hates is when ponies mock her, her job, or FEED HER PICKLES. Nopony knows why, but she hates pickles. She would rather buck an Ursa then eat a pickle.

Edit Log:

November 10- Added cutie mark story, added to occupation.

November 11- Added more to summary and origin, NEW PICTURE, some grammar fixes

• Like 1

An archaeologist pony, how interesting. My first App is an archaeologist, too.

The background story could use some fleshing out. You should elaborate on how she got her cutie mark. It's after all one of the most important events in the life of a Pony. That said, I like it so far.

Well, the good news for the most part is that this is a very comprehensive, very well developed app...it covers many areas, and has a very carefully considered character outlined within it. You tell her story well, and you've told us plenty about her motivations and overall aims - I commend you entirely for that.

Having said that...there's some things you may have overlooked in writing it, and these will keep this from qualifying for Mane RP until modified.

- the idea of sacrificial alters or sacrifices at all don't belong in the show and therefore in the Mane RP. However, if someone wants to reference them in crossovers in a NON guro-tastic way, then thats ok. However, I feel that this isn't an aim you want to settle with since you desire to be a part of the Mane RP section itself - in which case, I strongly suggest you make a somewhat more FIM friendlier variation of what you intend...it doesn't have to be sacrificial to be a symbol of devotion to the princesses, so a simple rejigging and rewording may help rescue this from being only a crossover app. Perhaps the chamber located was a long lost Gem hoard devoted to the Alicorn sisters as tribute, sealed away for centuries until Dusty found it.

{ I'm sure somepony as creative minded as you can find something better! }

- As far as I'm aware, we don't currently have a set location available for an egyptian settlement - now that doesn't mean you can't go ahead and suggest the idea in the proposed Lore section, but what it does mean is that currently the egypt pony location is a little bit of a grey area, which is not good for some of your app.

For a new section to be accepted, the vetting/ideas process could take a while, which may not be ideal...so you can even adapt your Story and change it up to a more suitable locale. I would suggest something along the lines of studying at Canterlot U with visitations to the recently implemented Unyasi, Zebra territory

- Also, a third smaller point is that you declared her to have been born in what is now appleoosa. appleoosa is confirmed as being one year old as a community in the episode Over a barrel, which means that there wasn't much there to be born ON before that point.

This may mean you need to relocate your pony, as far as place of birth goes - However, this is probably a lot easier to handle than the first two points!

However, other than that...If you can figure out which direction to take the solutions to these hiccups presented here, then you should be relatively good to go!

I hope that this helps to go some way in assisting this app get to it's intended destination!

Well, the good news for the most part is that this is a very comprehensive, very well developed app...it covers many areas, and has a very carefully considered character outlined within it. You tell her story well, and you've told us plenty about her motivations and overall aims - I commend you entirely for that.

Having said that...there's some things you may have overlooked in writing it, and these will keep this from qualifying for Mane RP until modified.

- the idea of sacrificial alters or sacrifices at all don't belong in the show and therefore in the Mane RP. However, if someone wants to reference them in crossovers in a NON guro-tastic way, then thats ok. However, I feel that this isn't an aim you want to settle with since you desire to be a part of the Mane RP section itself - in which case, I strongly suggest you make a somewhat more FIM friendlier variation of what you intend...it doesn't have to be sacrificial to be a symbol of devotion to the princesses, so a simple rejigging and rewording may help rescue this from being only a crossover app. Perhaps the chamber located was a long lost Gem hoard devoted to the Alicorn sisters as tribute, sealed away for centuries until Dusty found it.

{ I'm sure somepony as creative minded as you can find something better! }

- As far as I'm aware, we don't currently have a set location available for an egyptian settlement - now that doesn't mean you can't go ahead and suggest the idea in the proposed Lore section, but what it does mean is that currently the egypt pony location is a little bit of a grey area, which is not good for some of your app.

For a new section to be accepted, the vetting/ideas process could take a while, which may not be ideal...so you can even adapt your Story and change it up to a more suitable locale. I would suggest something along the lines of studying at Canterlot U with visitations to the recently implemented Unyasi, Zebra territory

- Also, a third smaller point is that you declared her to have been born in what is now appleoosa. appleoosa is confirmed as being one year old as a community in the episode Over a barrel, which means that there wasn't much there to be born ON before that point.

This may mean you need to relocate your pony, as far as place of birth goes - However, this is probably a lot easier to handle than the first two points!

However, other than that...If you can figure out which direction to take the solutions to these hiccups presented here, then you should be relatively good to go!

I hope that this helps to go some way in assisting this app get to it's intended destination!

Fixed everything but the birthplace, for reasons I will explain.

I said in the origin, that she was born in what WOULD BE Appleloosa. It is mentioned in the episode that the buffalos lived there for a long time. She was born in the camp, during an expedition her parents were on.

Okay, I've looked it over and find that there's nothing hugely problematic with the app as it stands now...or at leas nothing I'm aware of.

:P

AppAssessed.png

Let's see how it fares from here - admins, it's over to you guys!

;-)