Yet another day in the hospital tent (Open)

AppleNitrox

Redheart was at her cabinet like always. Her day yesterday was kinda busy, as many ponies came with some kind of problems - from a simple headache to the rather more serious puking after eating. At the beginning of each day, she settled down to fill out full-fledged paperwork and some quick reference cards, for her records - she needed to always be able to quickly find what ponies had visited her, and what diseases she'd worked on. When she was done, Redheart decided to make up some coffee for herself for a little rest before the probably full day. She took a seat in her chair and started drinking her coffee a bit.

She was kinda worried if there would be a lot of ponies today, or if it would be another kinda-boring day when no one comes to her. Redheart kinda missed days when ponies just came to her to talk only, instead of coming with any disease or hurted hoof. She indeed, loved healing up ponies and taking care of them, but sometimes Redheart felt lonely when no one was talking with her, and only came because they had health problems.

"Let's hope that today will happen atleast, I just don't want a boring day". She said to herself, and took a sip of her coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

Pain was something that, when one lived alone, one had to pay some attention to. Pain was the body's way of telling somepony that something was going awry, and when living in solitude, it was best to figure out if this current mishap was something that would pass on its own, such as a scrape or a pulled muscle, or whether this problem would develop into serious crippling injury unless given proper attention, such as an ulcer, an infection, a pinched nerve, a broken bone, or any other number of problems.

The problem Mirthbane had today was not, as he thought, one that would just 'go away' without posing some serious detriment to his future well-being. Yes, he was better at wilderness survival than most ponies, but really, there was only so much one could do when it came to being chomped on by a hydra. He had the definite advantage of being an apothecary, and as such he'd administered some measure of painkillers and salves that would aide in his healing, but he hadn't any concoctions that would simply fix a broken leg, nor was he entirely certain that his hovel was a particularly sanitary place to apply wound dressings.

As such, rather than risk crippling himself by doggedly refusing to take assistance from a Celestian, he decided to rather temporarily re-immerse himself in society. Carrying himself along with his own magic, he made his way out of the Everfree forest, looking quite worse for wear. The coal-black unicorn was wrapped in somewhat dirty bandaging here and there, some of it stained with red. His cloud-white mane was grey and brown with dirt, mud, blood and hydra spit, as well as a smattering of Aloe Vera. All in all, he looked quite a mess, though he moved under his own power. He didn't smell much better - it had been some weeks before he had access to enough clean water to waste it on bathing himself. That all aside, he was also up past when he normally took to resting - he was nocturnal, more often than not, and being up this late after dawn wasn't his usual routine. However, he wasn't looking to make good impressions, nor was he on the lam, nor was he trying to bring his findings to an accredited institution of study; he was injured, and he was in need of medical assistance, much as he preferred being without company.

It was with a pained, somewhat unfocused expression on his face, a grimace deep enough to be measured with a ruler, and a magical glow about his body keeping him upright that he entered the tent. He didn't enter with any demands - for that matter, he wasn't entirely sure what to say in this situation. A blithe remark about hoping that he still had medical coverage seemed a bit flippant, though were it only the broken leg, it might have been adequately cynical. Instead, he just forced a "Help me. Please." through gritted teeth. It seemed appropriate, if a little desperate.

• 2 weeks later...

Nurse Redheart

Redheart began to be bored as no one was coming here. She even thought about going to home earlier so she at least could spent time with her friends. When she was taking her coat to home, a injured pony approached to her tent. She was injured and it wasn’t just only wound, it was quite very bad wounds and she will need to help him. She get away her coat to don’t get it dirty and she approached pony with looking at him.

She bit a little her lips as she was looking at him and wasn’t sure what to say. After some time of taking a look at pony to know his wounds she took some of her bandages at things to disinfection his wound. Slowly, started to clean up his wounds as well his mane cause it was kinda meh and needed to be cleaned up.

Ok.. Now, when I will slowly secure wound tell me what exactly happen to You. This wound is very serious and I need to know what I will need to do more except this.

The wounds are pretty bad - a lot of the muscle around his flank has been pulled, and in some places torn. There's a fairly worrying number of open wounds, all arranged in a series of jaw-shaped semi-circles, and he has a few rather deep gouges running along his back. He is bruised almost everywhere, though this is difficult to tell beneath his coal-black coat. His head and his horn, at least, seem to have escaped relatively unharmed, and his forelegs don't really need much attention.

However, as much as he was injured physically, he seemed a bit apprehensive about having somepony else look at his wounds. Still, it was entirely necesary, and so he simply clenched his teeth and took it like a stallion. With a broken leg, of course, he was fairly quick to try and set himself on some form of bedding. On the plus side, he seems to be fairly good at staying still.

As for his condition, well, he was clawed at, roughed up, then twice bit by a hydra, and following that he seems to have self-administered a few herbal remedies, most of them painkillers of various varieties. The arrangement of the stab-like wounds, each one caused by a tooth, would probably make this rather obvious.

"A Hyrda decided it didn't like me, and rather than... nngh... talk things over, it tried to kill me. It managed a few blows with it's claws, m-mostly along my back, and it bit my flank, twice. One of my legs is in a lot of pain, I think it's broken, and the other isn't feeling much better. I self-administered a bit of poppy extract and aloe vera, but if you have something much more potent..." He took a deep breath, biting back a pained growl. "I would be incredibly grateful for a very strong painkiller."

Nurse Redheart

Redheart was very worried about him, it wasn’t just a wound. It was very serious and not stop in good time it can even kill him. After hearing what exactly happen to him, Redheart first decided to look at wounds if there are not any poison. When she made sure he is safe to start curing, she nodded to herself as she took all her needed tools.

”It isn’t just a wound it is very serious, I will need Your opinion if You want to close the wounds or to take time, so Your open wounds will regain and close themselves but it will take some time. About this leg… You will need for sure to sit at home for some time or don’t have very much of activity outside of Your house, You need to listen to me here.”

Nurse nodded to him very serious and smiled to loosen a bit atmosphere. She took some of her tools and began to disinfect his wound. After this, she slowly started to bandage his wounds very slowly to do it carefully.

”But I’m sure You will listen to me, so You will be safe about these wounds. Right now, I will bandage Your wounds so You will have time to decide about the thing I said previously.”

Redheart said very quietly as she again smiled.

Did she feel it necessary to explain how to go about one's life to everypony, or do she simply suspect he was going to be a complete chowder-head and treat his leg as though it were in perfect working order the moment she was finished? Somehow, the thought of the latter didn't entirely surprise him, though this was mostly because he didn't have very high expectations of those that might manage to break a leg entirely on their own. However, for all his bitter cynicism, he wasn't in any immediate danger. Fortunately, Hydras weren't usually venemous - why would they need to be, considering their size? Still, the disinfectant continued to sting, sting, and sting some more, to the point where he was really getting rather sick of the sensation. It was, of couse, entirely necessary for the wounds to be clean, but he was still rather wishing that there was at least some manner of pain releif available.

Mirthbane let out another growl, grimacing rather noticably. His voice was a little ragged, and he took the occasional moment to inhale sharply between his teeth. "I was really....ngh, QUITE serious about the painkiller, doctor. I would appreciate stitches wherever appropriate, as my livingspace is..." Another hissing breath in, another grimace as more disinfectant was applyed. "...not particularly sterile, though I should be able to manage."

For all that the treatment hurt, it still wasn't quite as bad as the actual injuries, and the attending pony was at least polite enough to avoid being too nosy. No inquiries as to why he'd been around Hydras, or where he'd been, what his name was, where he lived, or if there was anypony that should be contacted. Just treatment, and he was fine with that.

(I'm sorry to make long wait for response but I had health problems)

Nurse Redheart

Redheart nods again and sighed a bit when Mirthbane reminds about the painkillers. She knew it will hurt him but painkillers will be needed later and not now. When she was done with her job she took a look at pony and still was a bit worried about him. When he agreed to her offer of stitches, she was very happy and gave him some of her painkillers.

So, take these painkillers drink a water that is on table then get on bed, we will kinda start with this so You will be fine. Don't worry, after these painkillers You shouldn't feel any pain or anything and You will be fine under my hooves. Redheart again gave a smile to Mirthbane as she began to prepare everything for this treatment.