So That Didn't Go As Well As I'd Hoped...

Astalakio

I'm rather vocal about me being a Brony and what not (but I never really flaunt it) and from my experience of bad acceptance would be from a lack of understanding and the fact that people will have that knee jerk reaction of instantly calling it 'gay' or 'weird' or having a 'WTF moment' (I get it quite a bit at school due to going to an all boys school). Most people just focus on calling it that because they just don't know about it, they're usually the people who don't know at all about the Brony community and actually how big it is, so don't really beat yourself up about it because this usually comes up from people not understanding.

Usually when people rip on the show I just say "Don't knock it until you try it (I usually put a mate into it but that sounds a bit too Australian)" it usually shuts them up or forces them to watch the show and thus they usually become a Brony so really a win-win.

On another note a good vent can do a world of good there was this one time (anecdote warning) during one of my school camps for Cadets one of the people in my section (AAC Corporal so section commander) was extraordinarily annoyed about being in the bush. So long story short after an hour of venting about the stupidest of things about what the bush lacks (McDonalds, Internet cafes etc.) and after a few laughs he started to feel alright so venting can really help a person out, hope everypony here has helped you out, I can't stand a sad person even if I just know them over the internet.

Ha, thanks, don't worry about me, if you read through the thread you'll see I managed to convert my sister after all, so everything's shaped up alright in the end.