[Canterlot] The Perfect Fit [Open]

CrossStitch

Colton answered Cross-Stitch's bow with a bow of his own, Sparks followed Colton's example and bowed too.

"Think nothing of it Cross-Stitch, we we're more than happy to help." Colton said as he smiled in appreciation of Cross-Stitch's generosity. Sparks hovered over Cross-Stitch, ready to serve in a anyway he could, Colton was proud of Sparks eager attitude to help and he patted him on the head to show it.

Colton then turned back to Flux to get further information on his new temporary residence, "Thanks again for letting us stay with you and Torvus Flux, and if there's anyway me and Flux can repay you this let us know. And I also want to apologise in advance for all the explosion we are probably gonna cause." Colton stated the obvious as he chuckled lightly.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's quite generous of you, Cross-Stitch," Flux said, bowing her head in kind. "As Colton said, we're happy to help." Tesla dooked insistantly, looking much more lively as the day continued. "Tesla's more of a nocturnal creature, so he's probably getting ready to go out soon," Flux explained.

"Oh, there's nothing to repay, don't worry about it," Flux insisted. She gave a quick smile at Colton, "Well, we've managed to survive quite few such events, so I'm certain the clock tower can take one or two more incendiary complications. In fact, perhaps we should leave Cross-Stitch to his work and I can show you around the tower."

Colton smiled at Flux, happy that she wasn't at all bothered about the inevitable explosions. He then turned his attention to Flux last statement.

"Yeah maybe you're right, besides I'd love to finally see it." Colton said as he smiled. He turned his attention back to Sparks, "Now listen here Sparks, I need you to help Cross-Stitch out with the rest of these orders okay? When I need you back I'll call you, but until then you get stuck into this." Colton said to Sparks hovering infront of his face, the little bird nodded in a fast pace once again and saluted Colton, "Now I mean it, don't you go slacking off, we need those clothes to be perfect." Colton spouted his word of encouragement.

Over come with a compulsion to help Cross-Stitch Sparks flew up the stairs like a lightning bolt. Colton took his newly repaired jacket and put in his satchel, he gathered a few other things like his journal before he was ready to leave.

"Well, I'm ready." Colton said to Flux, eager for her response.

"Leaving so soon? I was just hoping somepony else would walk in and ask for an outfit too, and then be invited to the Gala by Colton here." Cross-Stitch let out a small playful laugh, "But, if you must leave; Thank you both for dropping by, I sincerely mean that. You two are the best new customers I've ever had," Cross-Stitch stopped to think about his last sentence. He blushed as he realized the ignorance of it, "O-Oh, I mean... You're the ONLY two..." Cross-Stitch shook his head to clear his thoughts, and then produced another warm smile, "You know what I mean."

Cross-Stitch began trotting towards the section of the room that he kept his fabric in, "Do come back anytime you wish, my doors are always open to friends." Cross-Stitch began going through his fabric, he then turned and took another quick glance at the two ponies to cement the vision of both into his mind to pick out which colors would be best. With a simple nod, "I'll have both of your outfits ready by tomorrow."

((OOC: You could host a private RP if you wish. Gladwin, my new RP character, was just assessed. When he gets approved I would love to do an RP with him, so I'll keep myself entertained. I'd prefer that this thread only stay focused on Cross-Stitch's shop. No hard feelings.))

(Alrighty then, glad everone's in agreement, I'll set something up tommorow after school and if either you have a question just PM me, thanks for starting this thread Cross-Stitch, for a first RP, this has been amazing :D)

• 2 weeks later...

A brown Earth Stallion walked through the streets of Canterlot, a bit late in the morning. He looked quite the wreak; disheveled mane, torn clothes, and a rather dirty hat. "Well that was a disaster. A night long stake out followed by another dash through the city only to find that I was chasing a plant..... I have to say they made sure to hide their movements well. I didn't even notice." The young stallion was talking to himself a bit, nothing to unusual for him, to anypony that knew him though. He was Sherlock Hooves, the famous... or rather infamous, private detective of Canterlot. Always known for his eccentric behavior, but he was a kind hearted colt. He examined his attire and gave a heavy sigh, "Just great, this was my best vest..... well my last one that was still whole anyway. I at least have to try and look appropriate for my job." Normally the detective wore a black vest, shirt, tie, and his old black fedora. But at the moment they were a sad state; his vest was torn open, his shirt coated in dirt and the collar ripped, and his silk tie ruined beyond any cleaning. Looking around the stallion noticed a new sign he hadn't before, "The Perfect Fit? Well.... that's convenient." He smiled and walked up to the door and entered, "Hello there? I believe I am in need of a clothier."

(( Ah, coming back to this then. ))

Cross-Stitch had finished putting the last touches on a suit that was for a friend of his. "Yeah, Coloton will simply adore it." Cross-Stitch said with a wide smile. The suit turned out perfectly, and it was exactly as he imagined it.

Just then, a bell ringing. It took a second for Cross-Stitch to piece together that it was the bell above his door, alerting him that a customer had entered. He trotted down the stairs, a small clop coming from his hooves with each step he descended. "Welcome to 'The Perfect Fit!' My name is Cross-Stitch." He said with a warm smile, and friendly tone. "How may I help yo- Whaaa!" Cross-Stitch was thrown off for a second by the stallions disarray of clothing. "Sir, your clothes! They're practically ribbons! What on Equestria happened to you?" Cross-Stitch said with a worried face.

Sherlock chuckled a little at the colt's reaction, warranted though it was. "Quite the long story.... lots of chasing, a little gallivanting, and a load of crashing." Sherlock walked further into the shop glancing around the wears as he spoke. "In the line of duty so to speak Mr..... Cross-Stitch was it? Anyway, the name's Sherlock Hooves, a pleasure to meet you. I was just walking by and I noticed your store. Quite convenient as these are.... were my last pieces of clothing not in some sort of disarray.... So I think I'll need to replace more than just these." The detective chuckled a little. "So if you're not too busy, I think I'll be needing a few items today."

Line of duty...? Cross-Stitch thought to himself, Oh, he must be in the law enforcement type of work. He nodded, agreeing with his own inner-thoughts.

Cross-Stitch put on a warm smile, "Well then, if it's clothes you're looking for, you've come to the right place Mr. Hooves!" Cross-Stitch trotted around, looking at the several pieces of clothing he had on display. "So, did you have anything in mind? I have many styles! Fancy, stylish, expressive, conservative... Would you like a certain color?" Cross-Stitch spoke quickly, and fluently. He noticed he was talking very quickly. He put his hoof over his mouth, "Apologies. I get worked up when I speak about my clothing." Cross-Stitch said with a nervous laugh.

Sherlock smiled and waved his hoof, "Not at all sir, I can see you are very passionate about your work. That's a good thing, puts my mind at ease that you have confidence in yourself and know what you're doing." Sherlock perused the selection of clothes, Cross-Stitch was right there was anything a stallion could need here. "Well for my line of work Mr. Stitch I need something professional but somewhat stylish. My normal dress is a white shirt with a black vest or suit jacket.... or both depending on my mood, and a tie. So I'll be looking to replace a few outfits if you have the time sir..... Oh one other thing. I somehow, and Celestia only knows, got invited to this year's Grand Galloping Galla, and I am in need of a formal tux. WHY I was is still a mystery to me... heh a bit of an ironic statement there" He began to pull the remains of his current clothes off and fold them as well as he could. "I'm not a sentimental pony when it comes to clothing, so don't worry about trying to save any of these, save for this." He removed the dusty hat last and set it on the counter. "On top of the clothes I was wondering if you could clean and re block my old fedora? It belonged to my grandfather."

Cross-Stitch nodded at all of the ponies requests. One certain one stuck out though that almost made Cross-Stitch giggle. Yet another pony wishing for a garment for the Gala. But, if I must... A smile played around his mouth. He had so much to do, there was no way he could stay bored. He could create so many wonderful things, and all of his amazing creations would be advertised, live, at the Grand Galloping Gala! All of the top fashion ponies of Canterlot would be there, and they would all be admiring the mysterious up and coming designer... Cross-Stitch sighed with anticipation.

Cross-Stitch looked at the hat, inspecting it closely, "Oh, this is just lovely. You don't see fedora's this exquisite anymore. Of course I'll fix it up, good as new." He gave a wink, assuring Sherlock that he knew what he was doing. Cross-Stitch began trotting off to a corner of his room. He collected some white silk, black fabric, and some red silk as well. "The red will set out well against the white and black... Simple, but elegant." Cross-Stitch was talking to himself. He then picked up his measuring tape, "Just need some measurements is all!"

Sherlock hesitated a little bit, the hat was very precious to him, but he soon enough let it go, as he trusted Cross-Stitch's confidence in his craft. "Of course.... now as far as the look goes. I try and keep myself looking professional but I'll be frank, comfort and durability are a major concern for me..... I suppose that's a hard request for stallion's professional clothing huh?" Sherlock chuckled a little bit as he walked over to Cross-Stitch to get measured up. "I was thinking; durable fabrics in a professional look. You think that's something that could be done? Oh by the way, good eye on the color choices, I've always liked how red and black look together."

Cross-Stitch nodded with a simple smile, "That's not a silly request at all! In fact, I focus on function AND fashion! An amazing garment cannot be one without the other you see." Cross-Stitch said as he began taking measurements in a rapid pace, his hooves repeated the same pattern he always used for measuring. Cross-Stitch wrote the numbers down on a nearby piece of paper before moving off to a corner of the room where his sewing machine was. "Now, I'm no unicorn, so this may take a while. But I assure you, it will be well worth the wait." He said with a wink. Cross-Stitch always felt that more love and effort went into outfits made without magic. Making them by hoof always allowed Cross-Stitch to get in depth with his work, and to feel it as it was crafted. He began work on the coat first, "And I also must apologize again, but I will not be able to finish your Gala outfit today either. I have several other orders for Gala outfits," Including my own, "that I must attend to first. But I assure you, I will craft you an excellent suit. But, in the mean time, tell me a bit about yourself Mr. Hooves."

Sherlock waved his hoof and smiled, "Oh no by all means take your time. I don't want to rush you; I would rather wait and have a well made product than get something half completed the next day." He walked over to the selection of ties available for purchase and started picking out a few. "And there's no need to worry so much about the outfit for the Gala; a simple tuxedo jacket will do fine. I'm still perplexed as to why I received a ticket. Not many of the noble class here in Canterlot like me very much." His ears perked at the question, "Oh.. well not much to tell honestly. Born and raised in Manehatten. Came here to help relatives then opened up a consultant detective office.... That's about it hehe. How about you Mr. Stitch, I can tell you've just opened, but how long have you been in the clothier profession?"

Cross-Stitch spoke up over the hum of the machine, "I've been in the tailoring business for a long time. I got this machine here when I was around five..." Cross-Stitch was now looking at the sewing machine, fond memories of that Heart's Warming Eve surfaced in his mind. A small smile crept across his face as he continued, "But I've only just recently began to sell my outfits. You're..." Cross-Stitch looked up to think for a second, "You are my third customer." He finished with a nod. He held up what he had of the shirt he was working on. He had just one more sleeve to finish, so he went back to work. "So you are a detective then? I must say, I've never met a detective, or any pony in the law field for that matter. It must be quite a tiring profession!"

Sherlock looked on, impressed at Cross-Stitch's speed; quite a capable tailor. "Well I can tell you've had practice, I've only seen unicorns work that fast." Having picked a few new ties Sherlock walked back over to Cross-Stitch to get a better look at the work. "Well it can be a little exhausting sometimes. Though I enjoy it far to much to complain. As much as I know the chief inspector would enjoy the thought of me not being in his way." He gave a small chuckle, "But the job does come with some degree of excitement; though that is how I managed to destroy my last set of clothes."

"Indeed! I've had much time to practice my art you see." He said as his hooves worked dexterously, "I've been doing this since I was young, and it's all I've done." Fond memories of his cross-stitching days came to his mind. "And I've also only been using this machine, so I know it very well." He said, patting it with one of his hooves in an affectionate manner. "So, yes, you may say I have a lot of practice." He let out a warm laugh. He turned and noticed Sherlock had many ties, "Oh, are these the ties you are interested in?" He asked, looking to the ties but also continuing his work just as efficiently.

Sherlock laid his selection out with a smile, "Yes just a few replacements. I'm glad to see you cater to so many tastes, I prefer solid, narrower ties rather than the standard width that most colts wear these days." He looked around once more finding a few more items to pick up, smaller accessories to complete his outfits. "Keep this up though and you'll be one of the more popular clothiers in Canterlot, I know several business ponies that could use some new outfits. Glad I got to you before you got to busy." Sherlock chuckled a little while he waited patently for Cross-Stitch to finish his work.

Cross-Stitch laughed at the colt, "Oh please, you flatter me! As if my shop could ever become 'busy." Cross-Stitch continued working diligently, "Good, the shirt is done." He said, picking up the shirt and moving it to the same pile with the ties, "Just let me finish your jacket. I'll have it in a snap." He said, adding a wink at the term 'snap'. He went back to the machine and began working with some new bolts of cloth.

"I try to cater to all the latest tastes in Canterlot, and Eqeustria. Though it is a tad hard to keep up with it all." Thoughts of hiring a secretary came to Cross-Stitch's mind, which he passed off as not a bad idea. The idea of being popular did excite Cross-Stitch though, and his work sped up a bit as he got more excited. Thoughts of the top designers in Equestria, wearing his work, danced through his head. His eyes lit up, inspired by the mere thought of such a thing. He looked back down to what he was working on, and with a faint smile, realized that everypony had to start out small. He went back to work once more, "Perhaps...One day," he giggled, "One day." He said, absentmindedly.

"I see no reason for to be. Great selection, decent prices, and skilled tailoring at a speed one would usually find from a unicorn. I have a feeling that once word gets out you'll be a little more than just known." Sherlock glanced around at the designs adorning the manikins for a moment. "Well you wont have to fear about my tastes changing to drastically Mr. Stitch. I like to keep a practical professional look, rather than change styles every three months."