The "Cracked" nut (Appleloosa)

ShadowStorm88

Val gasped, as he caught the pony. "Oh brother" Val thought to himself, as he looked around for something to help him. Seeing a merchant passing through, Val's eyes widdened at the sight of nuts!! Enough that would hopefully keep his mind straight until they could find a huge surplus of nuts that would keep Cracker's mind set. Unfortuantly, as Val went to purchase them; the merchant charged the prices really steep seeing how much Val wanted them to help his friend. Still, if it ment helping Cracker; then hed do what he had to do to help". Purchasing about ten nuts, since he seemed to use them up quickly; Val helped Cracker into an inn where the night would be spent. Getting him into a bed, Val let out a sigh of relief as he plopped onto the chair in the corner as his eyes slowly closed; as he placed the bag of nuts next to Crackers bedstand before drifting to sleep.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracker was still unconscious. He was dreaming the sort of dream that only little colts and fillies could dream of. He was in a field of nuts, cracking them happily as he went by them. He could see his brother on the chair by the balcony with his bubble pipe smiling at him as he flung himself into the field of assorted nuts. He was so happy and so detached from himself that he had forgotten about everything.

As he slept, he was giggling. Obviously anypony could see that he was having a really nice dream. He shuffled and moved about the bed and fell over. He was still asleep though. It took more than that to wake up Cracker. It seemed that in his dream of perpetual bliss, it could be said that he would prefer this world of the real one. He was smiling as he was asleep. If not for his age, he would have been mistaken for a little colt.

"Take this" Val shouted, as the colt drew his blade high into the air victoriously, as he aimed it at the dragon threatenlingy!! In his dream, he had gone back in time!! Way, waaaay back in time to an era where ponies, and all other forms of life were seperated from each other and determined to show thier strenght in battle!! Val was a knight, a member of an order of indepdent warriors calleed "The Grey Hoovdens". Ducking underneath the dragons flame, he flew up high into the air as he almost hit the ceiling of the cave. Bringing his blade up high,he let out a mighty battle cry as he flew down at hight speed towards the dragon; ready to cleave the beast in two. It roared in response, sending him into a spin as he went flailing against hte wall as he connected with a hard thud. "Ooof, your goin down" Val shouted determindly, as he got himslef back up and charged the monster. This contiued throughout the night.

Cracker had woken up. To his surprised, he had found a bag of nuts beside him. He immediately crushed some underneath his hooves and it felt good. He noticed that he was in a bed and Val was right there by his side, still asleep. All he could vaguely remember was a memory of himself going amok crushing things in town. His fears have become reality. The last time he went like that was in Canterlot, with his brother, but this seemed worse. He didn't recall anything since then.

It was morning, he got up and thought that Val must have gone through a lot to somehow get him out of trouble. The least he could do was to repay his kindness so he went out as quietly as he could to get breakfast.

Val moaned softly, as he snapped awake from his dream. Breathing heavily, he shook his head slowly to try and rid himself of weariness as he groaned as he continued to rub his head slowly, to try shake it off. Sighing, he said "What a dream". Looking up, he could see no sign of Cracker, nor could he see the bag of nuts as he muttered "Where'd he go"? He only hopped that Cracker had regained his sanity and hadnt gone out and started to destory the town and everything around him once more. Smiling gently, he said "Dont worry, I'll help out much as I can". Getting up, he trotted downstairs as he spotted Cracker with some food in his hooves.

Cracker had just gotten back from the bakery. He had a loaf of freshly baked bread and some peanut butter. He also had two cups of hot choco prepared on the table. He was about to put them on the table when Val came downstairs.

"Oh Val!" He smiled in delight."I just bought us something to eat. I hope its okay with you."

"And uhm... thanks for everything... I don't know what I did but whatever happened. I'm sorry..."

Cracker bowed his head down as he apologized. He didn't want to loose such a friend who had just risked out his neck to keep him at bay from his ruckus across town. Others who have witnessed his behavior simply avoided him and he hoped that Val wouldn't do the same.

Val smiled lightly in response to how Cracker was acting. He had been worried that Val would have been scared off by how he had acted, or for any of the troubel that he been brought to him. Giving Cracker a pat on the back, he remarked "No problem at all Cracker, its completly alright". Seeing the food he had brought, Val likced his lips hungrily at the sight of them. "Awesome" Val beamed happily at the sight of the food.

As the two were enjoying their breakfast, the train whistle blew from the station. His train had finally arrived and it would be leaving in the next hour. He needed to get back to Trottingham as his brother may start worrying as he was taking too long.

"Uh Val..." He hesitated. "I need to go home soon. I don't want to keep my brother waiting. I was on an errand for him to begin with, so I suppose he might start getting worried if I was taking too long..."

There was a silence. Cracker was kind of sad that he would be leaving after he had met a really nice friend. He wondered if they would see each other again after this chance encounter.