Unexpected Recruit (PM for permission to join)

Loopy Legend

The unicorn abruptly snapped out of it as he was stopped in his tracks. "What?...oh." He said, grinning sheepishly when he realized he'd been about to walk right past the plants in question. Well, to be fair he wasn't actually following the trail of the plants, he was following the trail of the creatures that ate it. So naturally the trail didn't end where they were trying to get to. "Hmm, I might be able to find more. It depends on if the animal we're tracking went to just this patch or had multiple feeding grounds."

Ramble thought for a second, “Hmm you might have a good point there, let’s hope what ever animal you’re following loves this plant enough to visit more of them”.

“Actually no we don’t need to go any further into the forest”, Seed Shore said looking pretty pleased with a double sack full of the plants she needed.

“You sure Clover, we can keep going we got some daylight left”, Ramble stated as he really wanted to see more of Finder’s skill.

“Ya I’m sure any more and it will go off before I can use it all, this much will last me a year, this plant can’t last any longer then that, even with air tight pressure sealing”.

“Ok then lets get the hey out of here, those savage tooth tigers don’t normally give up that easily”, Ramble said with a little concern.

Ramble pulled out his map, while some of the other ponies check their bags and equipment, “Ok I know this is normally my area of expertise, but sometimes I just can’t make out where I am specially in some unknown area of the Ever Free Forest”, Ramble said scanning his map and using his compass.

Ramble was thinking and looking around when it hit him, “Say Finder reckon you could follow our paths we made to come in here and guide us out of the forest?”

Oh okay, so he wouldn't need to find more of this plant, well that was just fine and dandy. Personally he was a little surprised that he'd managed to find any of it in the first place. So now they needed to get back. "Sure I can Ramble, but we'll be going along the exact same path we came in at, so if those tigers are still there...wait a minute." He looked around, eyeing the forest. "You know what, I think I might have come through here before." He started circling around, this time eyeing the trees and such, one wouldn't think he could recognize anything considering how he zoned out, but if there was one thing Finder was good at it was finding things, even if they weren't actually physical, such as a safe way out.

"Aha!" He exclaimed triumphantly, his horn lighting up to reveal another trail a short distance from the cave, "I'd recognize this aura anywhere, since its mine after all. We can just follow this out of the forest, and hopefully bypass those tigers completely." It was a little odd that he'd happened to come through here before, but to be fair he was always running off after items his horn had found, so he'd been to many, many places including those most ponies would never even think of going.

Ramble smiled upon hearing the good news of a second way out of the Ever Free Forest, which did not involve going through those tigers again. “Wow I must say Finder you are incredibly resourceful, and your uncanny talent for finding things is the best I have seen in a long time”, Ramble said with a smile on his face.

“Ok ponies roll out, follow Finder and let’s blow this forest”, Ramble said as he pointed to Finder who was leading the way.

It took about another 3 hours, but all 4 ponies came out of the forest in close proximity to Ponyville. Ramble tapped Finder on the shoulder, “Say Finder what ya say to dinner tonight and a nice bed to sleep, call it a favour for helping us. You can eat all you can handle on me, and I would love to chat with you about a few things over dinner”, Ramble said with the world’s biggest smile on his face.

Ah, out of the forest at last. He let the glow around his horn fade as Ponyville came in sight, there was no need for tracking auras any longer. He turned his head as somepony tapped his shoulder, it was Ramble, not all that surprising really. He listened to the pony's offer. That was probably a good deal more expensive than Finder's usual finding fee of two bits. Besides which he had a bed in his wagon...buried under a heaping helping of random objects...well it couldn't hurt to accept the food. "I've already got a bed back at my wagon, but the food sounds good." The unicorn replied after a bit of thought.

“Wonderful let’s go, I know a great little café in town that does great salads”, Ramble said really excited.

Maybe a little to excited as he was really egger to have a chat Finder, and try and convince him to join the Venture League. “Clover I will drop by your shop tomorrow on our way out and sort your fee out”.

“Yup no problem thanks again Ramble for the help, and thanks Finder, drop by my shop anytime for favour”, Clover said as she walked off with her bags full.

About an hour later Ramble, Clover, Vim and Finder were at the café, ordering their meals to eat. “Ok so Finder let me get strait to the point”, Ramble said handing the menu back to the waiter.

“Your skill at finding things is second to none, I have not seen someone who can find things as great as you can. So I would love if you joint the Venture League, your skills in finding things objects is just to good to pass up. Loads of team leaders will want you to join them on grand adventures, not to mention myself”.

“Some of the great benefits include all the equipment you can access, plus lodging at many of our houses around Equestria, not to mention all your expenses paid for. You can still run your own business if you wish, as going on missions is an optional choice not an order, so you can work what ever missions you need into your lifestyle”.

Finder followed Ramble to the cafe, taking a seat with everypony else. He listened quietly and attentively as the pony spoke and explained his offer. Joining the Venture League, it was certainly an unexpected offer and Ramble made it sound like a truly great enterprise. However..."So, if I get all the equipment I want, get my expenses paid for, can still run my business, free lodging at your houses, and I don't even have to go on any missions, what exactly does a member of the Venture League have to do as a member?"

"Glad ya asked mate", Ramble said as the food arrived, as Ramble had a slice of jelly cake put in front of him and a drink of apple juice.

"As a member of the Venture League, you will be working with other members to complete missions set by clients that need our specialty help. Every time you accept a mission as part of a team, you will get the equipment and supplies you need, and a percentage of the clients fee", Ramble said half enjoying his cake.

"So in short we work on a mission based system, with small teams taking on client missions, and all sharing in the rewards of said mission".

Finder munched on his sandwich as he thought over what Ramble had said. So far this Venture League didn't have much in the way of responsibilities, but rather let you work as you needed to. Still there was something off, while he certainly hoped nopony did and he certainly had no intention to, this entire system seemed far to easy to take advantage of. "What does one have to do to join? Surely its not as simple as just joining otherwise somepony would try to take advantage of it."

"Well in most cases you would have to under go a 3 month training course, then go on a mission supervised by a council member to prove you got the chops to handle what we ask you to do", Ramble said finishing up his meal.

"But in some cases like yours we will grant special privileges to gain access, as you have proven beyond a doubt you got what it takes to be a member".

"I see, well that's awfully kind of you." He said, thinking this offer over. It certainly was an interesting opportunity and one that didn't come along very often. Then an idea occurred to him. "Would the Venture League pay for my chiropractor bills? I'm always finding things and thus I often carry far too much stuff around." The result was fairly obvious, carrying around a lot of objects gave you some back problems, you went to a chiropractor to get this fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

(( Sorry been so long but holidays plus some work kept me busy, but back to normal now))

Ramble wiped his face as he had some bread left on it, "Tell you what you interesting pony, do well enough with your missions and I just might personally shout you a chiropractor pony for your needs".