[Canterlot] The tour [PM TO JOIN]

Conor Colton

Colton didn't mind being led around by Flux, he usually found ponies hard to trust though but he had complete confidence that Flux wouldn't steer him wrong. He kept a wide smile entire way to this 'mystery destination' and continued to follow Flux without fault, holding complete trust in the unicorn.

When they reached said destination Colton released his eyes from his wings and opened them, a slight ray of sun obscured his view but he quickly adjusted. The pegasus stood there, eye's widened and mouth opened. Although Colton hadn't expected a hedge garden as the mystery destination he was still awe-struck by it. Sparks almost went as far as to try to shut Colton's mouth quite literally as it seems, but the little bird just couldn't lift the pegasus' jaw.

Colton snapped him self out his awe filled haze and turned to Flux and finally said something, "This is....wow." Colton said as he mentally face-hoofed at that answer. He observed the garden closer, he saw the lush green ground, almost like an oasis in a white expanse, he observed the hedge sculptures and wondered at the craftsmanship of each individual sculpture.

He turned once again to Flux and stood closer to the mare this time, he put his hoof around her head and on to her far shoulder, "Thanks for bringing me here Flux....In all my travels I've never seen anything so amazing.....well...maybe one thing." Colton implied playfully to the unicorn as he stared into her eyes once again.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flux couldn't help but blush at Colton's words. She wasn't at all used to such compliments, but the unicorn couldn't deny that she found it quite endearing. "Well, I can certainly think of something more wonderous," she said, that same implying tone in her voice.

She leaned slightly into Colton's soft coat, sighing in contentment. Every moment around Colton seemed to be a wonderful one that she didn't want to end. The two were still for a time, just enjoying the beauty of the scenery before them and each other's company. However, Flux remembered that they had a whole garden of fantastic things before them. "Is there any place in particular that you would like to view first? There is the statue section, the Canterlot Hedge Maze, more sculpted shrubery. It's up to you." Flux wanted Colton to enjoy as much of his time in Canterlot as he could.

However, that though brought to mind a less happy one. Colton would eventually have to continue on his travels and leave Canterlot. Flux didn't want to prevent him from persuing his dreams and his nomadic way of life, but she didn't want him to leave either. The unicorn would offer to go with the pegasus, but that would both slow him down and prevent her from her studies. Flux decided that now was not the time to dwell on such dilemmas and pushed such thoughts away for later.

Colton also sighed with contentment as Flux rested herself on his coat, he closed his eyes and took in all he could feel at the moment, similar to as he did last night. Colton felt something around Flux that he could safely say he never felt around anypony before, whenever she rested herself against his coat all the pegasus' worries seemed to melt away as if they never existed in the first place.

When Flux spoke up though the pegasus' eyes burst wide open like he had just woke up. He turned back to the unicorn to respond to her question, "....Well...The hedge maze sounds good." Colton said as he waited for Flux to lead the way. As they walked though Colton noticed something in Flux's mannerism's, he wasn't an expert on reading ponies but to him she looked slightly 'worried' about something.

Just in case it was anything serious though Colton decided to wait for a better time to ask about it, he pushed the thought aside and continued on to the hedge maze.

At Colton's selection of the hedge maze, Flux immediately called to mind its location on her mental map of the garden. It's exact location was shaky in her mind, but the mare knew that details were not of the utmost importance when locating a landmark as large as the great hedge maze. She trotted off to the eastern side of the garden, keeping her pace slowed so that Colton could follow with ease. She was surprised by the lack of tourists or students visiting the popular destination, but she did appreaciate the relative privacy that resulted.

She remembered some form of national incident beginning here, in the statue garden and hedge maze of Canterlot. It apparently involved several denizens of Ponyville and an ancient being from before the rule of the Royal Sisters. Flux had bemoaned her lack of knowledge on the issue, but she was never particularly knowledgeable about current events anyway. Vowing to look into the event at a later date, Flux spied the hedge maze on the horizon.

It was an imposing struture, with its many twists and turns outlined by the massive blocks of shrubery that separted and defined the paths. The unicorn had never understood the purpose of a maze, seeing it as merely a way to become lost, but she did accept it as a challenge to overcome. It was said that few ponies made it to the centre of the maze without giving up, but there were no exact record kept of such attempts. Rumours had flown about a secret kept in the centre of the hedged fortress, some saying that it housed an artifact of great power. Flux was disinclined to believe such unfounded ideas, but the thought of such a prize intrigued the mare. She trotted up to the main entrance, which was adorned with the words 'Canterlot Hedge Maze' created by flower arrangements near the top. "Shall we?" she asked, looking back toward Colton.

When the two reached the Hedge maze Colton looked in awe at the massive structure, he thought that traversing this labyrinth would prove to be a daunting task, then he stared back at his wings and realized he had nothing to fear. Colton turned to the unicorn once again as she gestured for the two to enter, "I suppose we shall." Colton stated with a smile as the two ponies and the bird entered the maze.

Colton could see why ponies could get easily lost here, everywhere he looked all he could see was green shrubbery staring back at him. Every turn and corner looked the same, every wall looked the same, to any pony this would seem slightly claustrophobic but Colton wasn't worried as he had two things he knew he could rely on, his wings, and Flux.

After a few minutes of walking Colton stopped dead in his tracks, he wanted to get a feel for just how far they had travelled. The pegasus floated up above the hedge maze and looked back towards the entrance, surprisingly they had travelled further away from the entrance than Colton had thought. The pegasus lowered himself back down next to the unicorn and addressed her as he did, "Well it seems we just did a pretty long bit of walking, strange, it didn't seem like it...." Colton said as he tapped his chin in thought, "Well....we've been walking for a while anyway, should we keep going or should we take a break for now? I mean we still got a lot of time left anyway." Colton said as he stared up at the sun to prove his claim.

Something else popped into the pegasus' mind though, "....It's weird but...when I was up there I didn't see anypony else...I think we're alone in this maze..." Colton said as he wondered about that strange fact, this was obviously a tourist attraction but it seemed completely deserted.

Flux wondered whether entering the maze was such a good idea more than once on their trek. She didn't enjoy second guessing herself, but the endless walls of green were rather discouraging to the unicorn. However, each time she doubted her decision, the presence of Colton reassured her. Not only due to the fact that Colton was a pegasus, but the mare trusted him. It was true that if the pegasus had flown away, she could attempt to use a Pathfinding spell to return to the exit, but she knew that Colton was far to loyal for that.

The pegasus flew high above the tops of the hedge walls, checking their distance. As he did so, the unicorn took a short break and organized their destinations once again. She tentatively removed several of the less important stops and mostly rearranged their route through Canterlot to maximize time usage. Colton informed her that they had walked much farther than she supposed, which certainly left time for a break. "I'm not at all adverse to the suggestion of a break. As you have pointed out, we have time aplenty."

The unicorn levitated a patchwork-style blanket into a slight hover above the ground. She had brought it along in the event that a picnic was decided upon. She lay it flat upon the ground, green disappearing in favour of blue. With the grace of a Canterlot noble, Flux sat upon the thin covering and enjoyed the break from their walking. However, at Colton's last observation, Flux's mind started running through possibilities. "That is quite odd," Flux admitted. She had expected less visitors on the days leading up to Hearth's Warming Eve, but to have none of the gawking tourists was a rare occurance. "Perhaps there is an event of greater importance somewhere else in Canterlot." The statement sounded more like a question, with the higher note in the unicorn's voice as she finished the hypothesis.

Turning her thoughts from the strange desertion of the garden, she decided that they may as well make use of their time to chat. "So Colton, how are you enjoying our fair city?"

Colton continued to ponder over the current situation, this place was obviously some place of importance to the citizens of Canterlot and more than likely a great tourist attraction yet nopony was there. The pegasus kept contemplating this further as Flux put down a seemingly out of nowhere patchwork blanket. The pegasus sat down next to the unicorn and continued thinking how this could be possible, but Flux quickly snapped him out of it when she presented a more logical conclusion, "Yeah, probably...still kinda odd though." The pegasus stated as he decided not to dwell on the question.

Colton pondered Flux's question, the pegasus looked up slightly to look at the sky and recall all of the events that had proceeded this one. He gave it some deep thought before responding, "Well....aside from being sent to hospital on my first day here...." Colton said as he chuckled over yesterdays events, ".....I'd have to say that this has been my favourite, and probably most eventful, stay in Canterlot ever." Colton said as he once again placed his hoof on Flux's and looked into the unicorns eyes.

The moment was interrupted however when Sparks pulled a rather odd move, the bird made a comical 'gag' noise and gesture. The bird was obviously joking so Colton didn't decide to punish him for it and responded in an equally jokey tone to the sparrow, "Oh shut it" Colton said as he took the bird off of his head and placed him on the blanket.

Colton enjoyed Flux's company once again when another issue came to his mind, that of Torvus. He pondered whether it would be a relevant subject or not to discuss but trusted Flux not to find his question odd, "So....How do you think Torvus will react to...us?" Colton said with his hoof still on Flux's and rubbing the back of his head with the other.

Flux's eyes sparkled at Colton's answer. She was proud of her city, but even the occasionally unperceptive unicorn could tell that it was meeting her that made Colton's visit so enjoyable. She smiled radiantly, no longer blushing at the contact of their hooves. The unicorn was surprised at how quickly she had become comfortable with the idea of this relationship, but the surprise was once again a pleasant one.

Her smile transformed into a laugh at the comical actions of Sparks. Flux felt like a completely different unicorn around Colton, able to express her every thought and not act in such a restrained manner. She even lessened her natural formality around the pegasus. He brought out a side of her that would be considered 'normal' by any passing pony.

She puzzled briefly over Colton's question, putting herself in the mindset of the elderly earth pony. She wasn't exactly a master of emulating other ponies, but she had a fairly good idea how Trovus would react. “I'm positive that he will find it acceptable. In his words, you may make me more normal. Also, I believe he would enjoy spending more of his time with you in the viscinity. He seems to have taken a liking to you, Colton.” After a moment, she expanded upon his question. “I suppose the question is how my father will react to our recent change of relations.” Flux didn't want to dance around the issue much longer, knowing that it was a question that weighted on both of their minds.

Colton stopped to think over Flux's last statement, he had always worried that her father wouldn't approve of their seemingly sudden relationship. He didn't want to assume the worst though as that would more than likely lead to disaster at the hands of miscommunication or any other unlucky circumstance. He put his hoof around Flux and rested it on her far shoulder to offer some slight reassurance along with his following words.

"I'm sure he'll be fine about it, if we just explain it to him I'm sure it'll all work out." Colton said as he hoped his words would come to pass when Flux's father was eventually told. All this talk made Colton put everything into perspective that led up to this point, it was still perplexing how such a life changing event such as this could occur in as short a time span as a day. This however made Colton realise something he hadn't before.

Colton turned his head to Sparks who was lounging on the blanket, "You know buddy, I think I should thank you." Colton said as he observed the birds confused expression, "Think about.....If you hadn't challenged me to that race yesterday, I would have never wrecked my jacket." Colton continued as Sparks began to twig on, "...And if that never happened I would have never had met Flux in The Perfect fit." Colton said as he turned back to Flux with a happy, nostalgic smile.

She nodded at Colton's reasoning, supposing that he was correct. Her father was a reasonable stallion and a rational explanation would certainly seem acceptable to him. Rationality, she mused, the one thing that seems to be absent from any sort of attraction. It was something that confused the unicorn. She, a pony of science, had never encountered something that had no pattern to it. Even as a foal, she needed to find patterns in the world around her or arrange them into structured forms. This feeling seemed quite arbitrary and sudden, something both uncontrollable and unstructured. Like chaos itself, she thought.

As she considered the enigmatic phenomenon, Flux also was surprised by the revelation, still stunned that a radical shift in both her existance and her opinions could occur in such a short time. She inclined her head slightly toward the bird, thanking him silently for his unknowing catalyst of her meeting with Colton. She leaned back against the green plants that grew around the two, staring up at the sky. Flux was unsure whether she could ever unravel these feelings that appeared without rhyme or reason. However, she wasn't ungrateful for them; they were certainly a blessing and not a curse.

"In that case, I also owe my thanks to a mildly malfunctioning clock system," Flux thought aloud. "It's quite fascinating, the occurances that bring ponies together. It almost convinces me to believe in destiny."

Colton watched as Sparks came to the same realization he did, the sparrow put on a rather smug expression as he felt proud of his actions. But a raised eyebrow from Colton made the birds attitude turn to that of a more embarrassed variety as the bird put his wing behind his head and blushed slightly. Colton observed Flux once again as it seemed she was in deep thought about something, he determined that there was no need to ask about it though and continued the conversation.

After Flux's last statement Colton responded, the unicorn still in his hooves, "I never really though about destiny myself." Colton said as he also looked up into the sky, "It's strange actually, you'd think someone who's been in so many odd situations as I have would only believe in destiny.." Colton stopped to collect his thoughts once again, "...The thing is though, most of the time I chalk it up to good or bad luck, not really looking at the circumstances that led to any event." Colton said as he stared back at the unicorn.

"But...to be honest Flux, this whole experience has got me wondering about destiny too......But right now, I think I just got lucky." Colton said as he planted a gentle kiss on Flux's cheek, "Very lucky" The pegasus said with a smile. Sparks once again did his gagging noise but Colton ignored him this time, the pegasus was too infatuated with the moment.

Flux nodded at his explanation. She supposed that a determinant of luck was generally what most ponies thought, unless a radically improbable event occurred around them. She voiced her thoughts on the matter, "I've never been a fan of either, as a scientist. Controlled variables are always much safer to work with and more stable than luck alone. Though, I suppose that following that logic, luck is a factor in alomst everything," she conceeded. "In my foalhood, I was an avid believer in destiny, but what pony was not at such an age? With all the tales of destined heroes and prophecy, it would be difficult not to. It's ood that everypony appears to grow out of the belief." Once again, the unicorn was in thought about fate and destiny.

However, Colton's words and his quick kiss seemed to blank her mind of those thoughts. She smiled and nuzzled closer to the pegasus. Flux had always found such actions rather pointless in the past, but once again, Colton's appearance in her life had changed that view quite dramatically. "I must be quite lucky as well," Flux said, returning the sentiment of his words. "However, just for this, I think I shall believe in destiny." She knew that it sounded cliched, but the unicorn didn't mind. She felt quite serene in the hedge maze, in the quiet with Colton. It wasn't a feeling she felt many times in her life; only on very special and memorable events.

Flux maintained a comfortable silence, not wanting to break the silent calm between them. She couldn't exactly think of a subject that was a worth follow-up to destiny itself and merely enjoyed the moment. Closing her eyes, Flux hummed an old lullaby quietly. It was a slow, but not sad tune. The unicorn wasn't sure where she had learned it, but it seemed oddly fitting for the moment. She hummed just quietly enough that only she could hear it, though Flux suspected a few notes drifted into Colton's hearing. However, it didn't trouble her at all and she continued the song to its completion, returning them to silence.

Colton followed in the unicorns example and also nuzzled closer to her. He rested his head in her soft reddish hair, the pegasus closed his eyes and breathed a sigh of contentment. Colton sat in utter silence, not daring to spoil the moment. The pegasus once again tried to take in everything at the moment, similar to what he had done last night in his hospital room. Sparks still longed on the blanket and continued to comically gag, but Colton ignored the sparrow as he was too enveloped in the moment.

The two sat in silence for a while, Colton wrapped in the loving atmosphere and not daring to do anything less he break said atmosphere. But during the silence Colton heard, what appeared to be, humming. He opened his eyes slowly and looked back to Flux who was seemingly humming a tune of some sort, the pegasus didn't say anything as he didn't want to interrupt what he would call, A beautiful singing voice. The pegasus just simply continued resting his head in the unicorns mane, content with the world around him.

After a while Colton began to open his eyes once again, almost as if he had woken up from a deep sleep. He lazily lifted his head towards the sky to observe the time. Colton looked at Flux's schedule and determined that sadly their time in the hedge maze was going to be cut short. The pegasus lifted his head slightly forward and nodded at Sparks of a signal of 'it's time to go' But before he sat up again Colton rested his head on Flux's once again, he softly kissed the unicorn on the forehead and nuzzled closer to her once more, trying to get as much sweetness as he could before their departure to their next destination.

Flux enjoyed the musical tones of the nostalgic song and after finishing it, her mind began to wander. It flicked through several memories, but never settled on any one thought for a prolonged period. She floated slowly through her thoughts, childhood memories brought back to her mind with the song. However, not all of them were pleasant and the unicorn stumbled over a few of the notes as she pushed those recollections away. Focusing on the pegasus who sat with her, she combatted those unfortunate pasts with the perfect present.

With Colton's quiet kiss, Flux felt the need to depart the maze. She wasn't sure how she did, but it was somehow inherient in his actions. With a downward twitch of her mouth, the unicorn sat up slowly. She didn't want to leave the peacefulness of the moment and environment, but Flux had other wonderous sights to share with the pegasus. If the entire day unfolds as such, it will certainly be one the best I've ever experienced. She mentally prepared herself to be launched back into the real world from this lovely paradise that was shared between the two of them.

Colton didn't want to leave the maze, but he also didn't want to miss out on some of the more glorious sights Flux had to show him. With slight reluctance accompanied by anticipation the pegasus stood back up slowly and lazily blinked his eyes a few times like he had just woken up from a wonderful dream. He gestured Sparks to help with putting away the blanket, the bird followed and the two swiftly rolled it up.

Colton gave the blanket over to Flux lazily, "Well...I guess we gotta go." He said, still not wanting to leave so abruptly. He wondered if that if they had to exit, that there could be a much better way than just walking out. The pegasus wanted every moment he spent with the unicorn special, he continued to ponder a better way to exit but that's when it hit him....

He saw Sparks lifting a few things and flying them over to Flux's bags, this triggered an idea in Colton's head and he smiled before he turned to Flux to reveal it. He opened his wings slightly before he spoke, "You know Flux...." Colton said as he rubbed the back of his head before continuing, "I could...fly you out of here if you wanted..." Colton said, hoping Flux would take him up on his offer.

Flux got to her hooves as well, stretching the limbs slightly. Her left foreleg buckled slightly, as the feeling was still returning to it after its lack of use. However, when she snapped the leg back into a straight position, it held. Once she was certain that her stance would remain, Flux considered Colton's offer. The unicorn had always marveled at the wonders of flight, regarding it as an unattainable experience. As a filly, she had attempted to use a highly advanced spell to give herself a pair of temporary wings. The results had been predictably terrible and she had never tried since.

However, that mishap had not deterred her curiosity about soaring through the skies. Her decision was already in her mind. "Of course!" Enthusiastically, she packed up the blanket and the rest of various items she had taken out of her bag that Sparks had not already assisted her with. She nearly scooped the bird into her bag in her haste. Narrowly avoiding levitating Sparks into the confined space, Flux turned to Colton. She paused, "I'm not quite sure what the procedure is for this..."

Colton couldn't help but chuckle as Sparks was nearly thrown into Flux's bag, the bird had a very shocked look on his face as he had no idea what had transpired, which made it all the more funny. When Flux accepted Colton's offer the pegasus cracked his neck slightly to prepare himself for the task at hand.

Colton paced behind the unicorn and began to speak, "Well first...you need to be on my back, just between my wings.." Colton said as he slid under Flux and appeared with the unicorn on his back, surprised at her current change of position, "Like that..." Colton said as he continued to explain. "And then, you have to hold on tight..." Colton said as he gently positioned Flux's hooves around his neck with his own, "Like this..." Colton said as he took a deep breath and began to flap his wings and began lifting off the ground.

"And then we lift off the ground..." Colton strained as he got more accustomed to Flux's being on his back and didn't struggle holding her up anymore, "Like that." Colton said with a relaxed tone and a smile as he looked down and saw that they had well cleared the top of the hedge maze and were floating a few feet above it.

The unicorn had a moment of fright, just when Colton began to lift the two of them into the air. It was an instinctive jolt of emotion that seemed to stem from the unnatural idea that an earthbound unicorn could be any higher off the ground than a jump. She kept her hooves together with a little force as possible, not wanting to hurt the pegasus in the event of a quick turn. She found Colton's methodical words calming, reducing her immediate worry.

However, once the initial wave of terror passed, Flux allowed herself to take in the unique sensation of flight. A light, warmer breeze ruffled her mane and tail, giving her a welcome break from the snow below. It was only from this vantage point that Flux realized that there was a spell protecting the hedge maze from the snow that had fallen around it. She laughed in exhilaration, enjoying just the idea of being above the ground, not held down by any rules of the earth.

"This is even more amazing than I had imagined!" Flux's voice was raised to ensure that Colton could hear her over the wind and the altitude.

Colton turned his head slightly backwards and smiled as he was glad Flux was enjoying this as much as he was. The pegasus moved forward at a steady pace, checking every now and then to see if Flux was still there. The pegasus didn't worry much as he dared to not lose even the slightest grip he had on Flux. He began to steady his pace as he addressed Flux, "I'm glad you like it." He said in an also raised tone, "I don't think I've ever enjoyed flying as much as this though." The pegasus said with a playful smile back at the unicorn.

Colton also turned his head slightly to make sure Sparks was keeping up with them, luckily the bird kept a steady pace. Colton then had a rather brash idea, "Okay, hold on a second, I wanna try something, just hope I don't screw it up." Colton said as he hoped he wouldn't mess this opportunity up, He stopped and grabbed onto Flux's hooves, he gently leaned forward so the unicorn went over his head and ended up firmly in Colton's hooves, seemingly floating in front of him. Sparks looked in surprise at what Colton had just achieved, the little bird's jaw dropped and Colton couldn't help but chuckle at it.

He turned back to the, now partially floating unicorn even though the pegasus was keeping her up by means of his front hooves and back legs. He looked into the unicorns eyes once again and uttered a few words, "Huh...I guess I didn't screw that up." Colton said as he leaned in once again and kissed Flux once again as the two were suspended in the air, Colton felt a particular 'weightlessness' during the kiss and not just because he was floating.

The unicorn's smiled became just a joyful smile as Colton flew the two of them through the skies. Only once did the thought of how peculiar this must seem cross her mind. Flux didn't mind the odd stares that anypony in the vicinity would likely be casting toward them. She was caught up in the moment, loving this rare ability to experience the unique gifts of the pegasi.

Flux was surprised once again by the sudden shift into the open air of Canterlot. That shock quickly turned into excitement, the thrill of flight settling in. Even though the soaring was not self-propelled, Flux could almost imagine the feeling of wing beats as the wind whipped past.

The mid-air kiss felt amazing, with the sensations of flying and the kiss melding together. Her smile, if it was possible, widened as the kiss ended. The unicorn had never felt so free in her life. It seemed as though her time with Colton continually became better and better. It also managed to bring about an atmosphere where Flux didn't need to keep up her usual reservations.

Colton revelled in the unique sensation of a mid-air kiss, the thought had crossed the pegasus' mind on more than one occasion but to actually experience this revealed that it was even better than he ever would have thought. He pulled himself away from the kiss slowly, trying to take in as much as the moment he could once again.

Colton saw every moment with the unicorn getting better and better as time went on, something about Flux just brought out the best in the pegasus. He kept Flux floating infront of him for a few more seconds, staring into her eyes and nuzzling his nose against hers, but eventually he carefully positioned the unicorn so she was once again in his back.

The pegasus checked to make sure the unicorn had a good grip around his neck before he began to drift forwards again at a steady pace. He decided to go slightly higher and to give Flux a better perspective on flying, he soared above some of the more higher buildings the city had to offer before slowing down once more and addressing the unicorn on his back.

"So Miss Flux, where to now?" Colton asked with a smile beaming across his face.

As the two climbed in altitude, Flux looked down upon the ponies below who were going about their daily business. It was rather jarring for the unicorn to see the world she knew so well reduced to a miniaturized form. It was an odd new perspective that made the mare marvel at the true vastness of their world, which she had never truly grasped until that moment.

This new revelation nearly caused her to miss Colton's question, but she did manage to catch the tail-end of his words. She thought for a moment, wondering what their next stop should be. Remembering the secret tunnel that stretched through the walls of the Canterlot University, she quickly had their destination in mind. "I believe the University is next upon our list," she called back.

The massive structure, though reduce in size, was still visible below them. It was comprised of several different buildings and sections, all surrounded by a golden fencing. The unicorn squinted slightly, attempting to locate the entrance to the on-site library. She managed to catch a familiar glimpse of a double spirals that sat proudly atop the library and pointed out its location to Colton.

As Flux mentioned the university memories of the earlier conversation they had about the place flowed into his mind. The tunnel Flux had mentioned, What was it all about? He asked himself, but he found himself asking a stranger question, Who could have stole what Flux had taken from this strange tunnel. Colton always knew a good mystery when he saw one, it wasn't his main focus of the day but Colton promised that he would help get some information n the matter.

He snapped out of his thoughts of adventure and mystery and started flying downwards, he held onto Flux's hooves around his neck with great force to ensure the unicorn wouldn't fly forwards over the pegasus' head. When the two reached the ground Colton carefully put his wings down so the unicorn could dismount comfortably. When Flux had done so Colton whistled for Sparks to show up, as he did the little bird dropped onto his proud perch on Colton's head. The pegasus lightly patted the bird on the head to show encouragement for his actions, "Good boy." He said at Sparks good behaviour, but he knew it probably wouldn't last.

He then turned to Flux, ready to continue on. He didn't want to sound too eager despite Colton's natural taste for adventure, "Well Flux...where exactly is this tunnel?" He asked as Sparks poised himself on the pegasus' head, ready for action.

As Flux's hooves reconnected with the ground, a sense of loss fell over the unicorn. The mundane feeling of the earth below felt like a step down from the weightlessness and freedom of the sky above. However, her curiosity about the passage the unicorn had discovered long ago overwhelmed any disappointment that had momentarily come to her mind.

"I discovered it in the library," she recalled. "This way." The unicorn trotted across the snowy grassland that connected each of the stone paths to each building. The spired building that Flux had seen earlier now loomed above them, casting its shadow over the snow. She opened the door into the familiar building and nostalgic memories returned to her mind. The unicorn remembered many sleepless nights in these small book-filled rooms, learning the secrets of their world.

She followed her memory over to the history section and attempted to locate the exact shelves where she had accidentally uncovered the passage. "I suggest we look separately. Try to find a shelf housing the book 'The Historical Historian's Handbook for Historic Happenings'."

Colton marvelled at the inside of the structure, the place was massive, every shelf seemed to be brimming with books not a single spot left uncovered by what he assumed was literary genius. Sparks had a similar reaction as the bird's jaw almost hit the marbled ground of the library. Colton then turned to the unicorn who suggested that the two split up and he kept a mental note of what to look for, "Right...I'll do my best....I think I'll check 'H' though, no idea why." He said as he chuckled and flew backwards to try and find this mysterious shelf.

Colton and Sparks searched frantically, trying to find any book that shared a relation to Flux's description. The two scanned each book as they walk past and in Colton's head all he could here was, Nope, nope, nope, nope... After each successive book, Wait! He thought as he reached for a book that looked promising, I fo-...no,wait...ugh this isn't a handbook! Colton though angrily at himself as he gently placed the book back in it's respective position and continued to search.

Colton made passing glance towards Flux though who was on the other side of the library, he did this for two reasons. One, he didn't want anything bad to happen to her when he wasn't looking as the circumstances that surrounded this passage were 'sinister' to say the least. Two, he didn't want her finding it and having all the fun without him.