[Unicorn] Silky Rose [Final]

Fyrefly

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Silky Rose (Nickname: Rose)

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Sapphire blue

Coat Color: Very pale pink, almost white

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Her mane and tail are a rosy pink with hints of red, and are very silky and shiny, but you dare get the idea that her mane and tail are flat. She spends hours every morning styling her mane to voluminous perfection!

Physique: Slender, but not skinny

Cutie Mark: Simply a red rose

Origin/Residence: She was born and raised in Canterlot and doesn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Occupation: She designs and makes dresses and clothing, sometimes trying more obscure and abstract things.

Motivation: She's always been a creative pony, and she's motivated simply by creativity itself, although the support of her friends and family are very important to her.

Likes: Classical music, dress-making, silk, flowers, gardens, (dignified) dancing

Dislikes: Mud, techno "music" (that's her opinion, not mine, for the record) , doing the gardening herself

Character Summary: Silky Rose is a very dignified unicorn, seeing as she grew up in Canterlot. As a foal, she always wanted to play in the mud and silly things like that, and her parents always scolded her. She lived in Canterlot! How could she be so undignified! Her parents then proceeded to teach her proper mannerisms, posture, etc. Rose now thanks her parents for doing this, seeing as she is now a proper Canterlot resident. As she grew to be a filly, she went to the most expensive private school in Canterlot, where she was the 3rd in her class to earn her cutie mark. It happened when the school had something called "Creativity day", where they allowed all the little fillies and colts create whatever their hearts desired. Rose quickly grabbed some fabrics and glue. While the others made amateur drawings or clay figures, Rose created a lovely dress, with miniature roses glued on. When she put it on for the first time, her cutie mark appeared. Forgetting all the things her parents taught her for a moment, she bounced around ecstatically, shrieking "CUTIE MARK! I GOT MY CUTIE MARK!" When she got home that day, her parents were very happy for her, taking her out to the most expensive and fancy restaurant they knew of to celebrate. For her cute-ceañera she had a massive party, with over 300 guests.

As she grew older, she opened her first dress shop, with financial help from her parents. The shop -titled "The Rose - Explosive fashions by Silky Rose"- was a big hit, in the center of downtown Canterlot. Her style of dress-making was very different and fresh, and although she was taking a big risk turning away from the norm, her fashions were loved by many. But, she at first didn't realize the great responsibility that came with being a shopkeeper. She couldn't keep up with the demand for her dresses, and was on the verge of throwing in the towel, and closing her shop. it was then, that she learned how important friends could really be. A stallion who had gone to her school (And who, at the time, had had a big crush on her), told Rose that he would be happy to help her with making her clothes. This took a huge load off of her shoulders, and she was very thankful. Eventually, the rosy mare became fast enough to make the dresses and such on her own, but she owes her whole career to that stallion. Her shop is still open now, and she adores it.

If you were to only meet Silky Rose briefly, you would probably get the impression that she is an outright snob. And, although this is partly true, Rose has a deep respect for everypony and everything. If you get to know her, you'll realize that she appreciates everything she has, instead of taking advantage of it. That being said, she is fairly snobby. She will tend to look down on farmer ponies, or small-town ponies, but this is mostly because of what her parents taught her. She is also very graceful, dignified and clean.

Although Silky Rose's parents were a bit pushy, and forced her to be a "true Canterlot pony", she actually thanks them for that. She loves living the sophisticated life as a rich unicorn.

Silky Rose hopes that one day her designs will be noticed by a celebrity, so that she too can become famous!

--

Hope the Summary isn't too short! :)

An anonymous pony reported that there was already a shop called "Silk & Satin", and so Rose's shop was shut down. But, with the help of her parents (again), she was able to open another, bigger store, in downtown Canterlot. Her new shop is still open now, and is called "The Rose - Explosive fashions by Silky Rose". She adored her new shop, from which she made much more money than she did with her first one.

I suppose I'm finding this a little awkward as a plot point - for the most part, it won't really impact the character too much if she's running a shop again after initially being closed down, which to me suggests it might just be easier and less convoluted, background wise, to simply have her shop 'Freshly opened' and her getting off the ground as a new shopkeeper as opposed to a scenario where she's already had the experience of running a shop right off the bat...I simply feel it lends a little more believibility to the character overall.

I suppose I'm finding this a little awkward as a plot point - for the most part, it won't really impact the character too much if she's running a shop again after initially being closed down, which to me suggests it might just be easier and less convoluted, background wise, to simply have her shop 'Freshly opened' and her getting off the ground as a new shopkeeper as opposed to a scenario where she's already had the experience of running a shop right off the bat...I simply feel it lends a little more believibility to the character overall.

Yeah, i see what you mean. I'll get right on that! ^^