The Stalliongrad Tour (Argenta / Turn Tables) [ENDED]

Xiee

Turns looked around the chariot anxiously, "This is h-high isn't it." Turns stumbled over that word as he noticed the buildings and the ground getting smaller beneath him. 'Be brave Turns you may not get another chance' He thought to himself.

In an effort to try and distract himself he asked Argenta, "So im just curious do you come here everyday?"

The sky carriage was about to arrive at one of the stops. It was a sky factory. Argenta had noticed that Turns wasn't used to the heights. She had to make a mental note of that. "This isn't my usual patrol route, but one of my comrades from time to time, ask me if I can do this route for them. The view from here is impressive, but what's even more impressive is the number of airships docking here. The sound of workers, progress and harmony. It's all wonderful."

They had finally gotten of the carriage. Grandya showed the way and led Turns to the initial part of her route. It was the Airship docks. It was quite a busy day since it was the day most of the airships from neighboring cities docked in the early morning. Supplies, necessities and goods were being unloaded. She walk past several check points until they finally stopped at a waiting shed near one of the docks.

"So, how are you liking Stalliongrad so far?" She asked as she took off her beret, gently stroking and fixing her mane.

Satisfied that her mane wasn't a mess, she put on her beret again. She had mentioned that this was the last part of the Ostrov patrol. They were now waiting for one of the Sky Carriages to take them back down. It had taken at least half the day to complete the patrols in the sky city and the day's end had reached its peak. Argenta had to patrol the Kuznitza street market as her last task of the day.

"Wow that was a beautiful Argenta. I cant say im to fond of being this high,but the airships were amazing and all the different creatures here. Thanks for bringing me on your patrol with you. So were to next?" Turns was practicably beaming, Not only did he think he was falling in love, But the mare he was falling in love with just happened to be more than he expected.

"I'm done with most of my patrols." Argenta had led Turns back to the Kuznitza district. Her final patrol for the day was along the street market. There were numerous vendors of different trinkets, food and clothing. There were Zebras selling homegrown herbs, Griffons selling what seemed to be "game" fowl for food and numerous ponies selling other stuff. A few SGU privates, an Earth Pony and a Unicorn, passed by and saluted her. She saluted back as the privates gave her the reports for their day's patrols. Satisfied, she bid them a good job as they left to resume their patrol.

"Well, I usually stand guard here at the street market until the sun sets. There's usually trouble around here. So try to keep up with me when it does." Argenta had turned her attention to the stalls and to the crowd. She scanned the area taking mental notes of anything out of place.

“Yes ma’am.” Turns saluted playfully, “What kind of trouble though.” Turns wasn’t really worried, he often got in fights at bars and had learned to defend himself fairly well. Still, he would stay close to Argenta and do as she asked.

"So have you ever tried singing Argenta?" Turns asked out of nowhere.

"The sort of trouble like thieves, who are easy to deal with." Argenta paused to think. "And ruffians who seem to just like to pick fights for no reason. They're difficult to deal with especially with some of the gangs around here."

When Turns had asked her if she could sing, she wondered what sort of singing she meant. "Well..." She put a hoof to her chin as she began to think again. "I do sing lullabies to some of the foals and fillies at the orphanage when I put them to bed. Does that count?"

"Though I'd probably doubt you'd understand my song..." She replied as she continued to scan the marketplace. "It's in the traditional Stalliongrad tongue. And its mostly children's songs."

"See that's the great thing about music, and why i decided that i loved it so much.," Turns began. "Its not always about understanding the words. If its done right meaning can be taken from the simplest tune. Lyrics can tell a story, but so can music. Like this city, well at least how i imagine it works, Every district serves it own purpose like a instrument in a band. A voice is another instrument." Turns stopped himself before his rambling went any farther. "Im sorry i dont mean to lecture, i just umm.i..uhh.sorry." Turns blushed a crimson color at his own folly.

"What are you apologizing for?" Argenta switched her gaze towards Turns. "What you said is true. It's no different than how I enjoy standing in the snow and just starting at it for hours. For me I guess that would be art. For you its music. You're a DJ right? You shouldn't be ashamed of what you believe in."

As Turns had started to confess, a commotion caught Argenta's attention. She immediately ran to the scene were 2 Gryphons were arguing. From the looks of it, one of the female Gryphons accidentally bumped into a Male Gryphon. The Male Gryphon didn't like it and started an argument to the point that he had swiped his talon at the female Gryphon, who nimbly dogdged it. In no time a fight had ensued, but it was only the male Gryphon who was on the offensive, the female Gryphon was expertly dodging the swipes from the male as if she didn't want anything to do with this fight. Argenta could clearly see that the female gryphon had some military training of some sort. She stepped in to stop the fight.

"Alright you two..." She trotted in the middle of the fight with her authoritative figure. "This fight ends here." She stomped both her forelegs in unison.

The two Gryphons had stopped. Both had realized that they had attracted the attention of a VSS officer. The onlookers backed away, as if expecting trouble to begin.

"I don't know who started this, but it ends now." Argenta said in a serious tone.

"Da ofitser..." Grumbled the Male Gryphon. "But she must pay for her clumsiness!" The male gryphon pointed out to the female.

"It was not me who bumped into you." Complained the female gryphon in a calm composed voice. "You did that on your own."

"Molchanie devka!" The male shouted. "You obviously do not know who I am! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Argenta had realized that the male gryphon had to be Viktor Goldfeather. A prominent leader of the Goldfeather Clan, a renown family of business-minded gryphons who brought in trade goods from Aquelian Cities into Equestria. He was the "Market Master", of the Kuznitza Street Market.

"Proshu proshcheniya ser..." Argenta interjected politely. "Viktor, with all due respect, please let this pass. This new Gryphon looks like a newcomer. I have not seen her before around the market. Perhaps if you let me enlighten her, then she would probably show you more respect than you deserve."

Viktor didn't like the idea, but seeing as the VSS pony had made sense he swayed his talon and walked away. "Bahhh! Do what you will. I have more important matters to attend to. Skatertʹyu doroga!"

Argenta gave a polite salute to Viktor as he left and turned her attention to the female gryphon.

"I haven't seen you before." Argenta eyed her cautiously. "Are you perhaps a tourist?"

The female gryphon eyed her seriously. "No, my parents and I recently migrated here from Beakbreak City. My name is Grandya Silentalon. Thank you for stopping us. I don't know what would have happened if it went on further."

Argenta smiled, this Grandya just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Viktor was a great Market Master excelling in his management and organizational skills, but he had a short temper that could easily escalate with the slightest push.

"Don't worry..." Argenta assured her. "I hope that encounter didn't startle you."

At that moment, Argenta had realized that she left Turns at the corner. He was still there looking curiously as the other onlookers started to disperse. He started to walk towards them.

"I am Argenta. Corporal of the VSS detachment here at this Area." Argenta said as she proudly introduced herself. "Pleased to meet you Grandya."

"I'm sorry for causing trouble. Had I know better, I should have been more careful myself." Grandya sighed.

• 2 weeks later...

The Gryphon was curious around the VSS officer. She did not want to be in trouble, her family had just arrived in Stalliongrad a few days earlier and they were just getting settled in. Still, she was glad that the officer stopped the potential fight. She grew curious as the other Pony who was tailing the officer approached her and introduced himself.

Grandya reached out with her talons and shook the hoof of the other pony. "Hello." She said in a nonchalant voice.

Argenta looked back at Turns giving him a look of worry and huddled him aside. "Be careful with who you shake hooves with, especially with strangers."

"Ok". this kinda worried Turns. was she dangerous, she didnt look dangerous. Then again she was a gryphon. So what did he know. "What are we going to do now Argenta i recon your patrol is almost over correct?" Not that Turns wanted it to end and he tried his best to make it obvious that he enjoyed spending time with her.

Grandya had turned her glance to Argenta. "I thank you officer. I'll make sure that this won't happen again. Forgive my ignorance as I am still learning the ins and outs of this city."

Argenta was the type of Pony that would help anyone, she saw that this Gryphon was confused and needed to know the place better. She had an idea and offered Grandya to join her and Turns.

"I have an idea. Would you like to join me as I make my final rounds in Kuznitza? I can show you around if you aren't familiar." She then turned to Turns who was anxiously waiting. "Well my patrol is almost over but I just need to make one more sweep around Kuznitza. We'll take Grandya along since she isn't familiar with the place yet."

Grandya had looked at them both. "I'm sorry, and thank you for the offer. But there is something I must tend to. Again thank you."

With that, the Gryphon spread her wings and flew. She looked as though she was in a hurry which was quite unusual for a Gryphon. Argenta had known for Gryphons to be patient and timid, yet this one seemed anxious.

"Well..." Argenta looked back at Turns. "I guess its just you and me again. I think we should call it a day. Oh, I need to buy a few Apples first. I promised the Foals at the Orphanage to get some fresh ones for them today."

"Ok, if you would like i can help you carry them back." Turns offered. "Im not due back in Ponyville for a few days anyways and i genuinely enjoy this town so far." Turns looked over at Argenta and could feel himself blushing his cheeks becoming red hot. "So Argenta, would you be intrested on going on another date?" Turns couldnt beleive it all his practice with other mares and Argenta had him quibbling like a school filly.

"A date?" Argenta lifted an eyebrow. She was clueless until now to think that this little tour was a date. She had been asked out two or three times during her time at the military academy but had turned them down. This time it was different. It wasn't another soldier asking her out but a common stallion, maybe he was different.

"Oh... uhm, lets see. It depends, yeah sure probably." She said unsurely.