itt i elope with my rabbit (post your pets!)

lambs

aka the let's discuss our pets thread?

i have a 4 month old b&w bun named merlin <3 i think he's going through a stage of wanting all the attention all the time, the silly thing. he'll rattle his cage until i go over and boop him on the nose. he also enjoys eating his food bowl, rather than his food.

so! do you guys have any pets? or are there any pets you wish you had? i really want a cockatiel but can't afford a second pet sob sob

Merlin, oh gosh what a cute name. I had a bunny once... It growled at me like a pig and hated my guts. I don't particularly care to keep another since.

But for now I do currently own two dogs! The older one is Shade, border collie mix and the worlds biggest momma's boy. I love him to death but ahhhg so clingy. The younger dog I have is Candy, she's a pembroke welsh corgi. I got her by chance, her breeder couldn't sell her due to a small defect in her lower spin which causes one of her hind legs to be completely stiff. No pain mind you, just stiff. So when she walks she... she hops! Just like a bunny. Very cute. But she's a huge brat and causes me a world of trouble. But I love her to death and her and Shade have gotten so close they probably could never be separated at this point.

If I ever don't have dogs again, I want ferrets. ;;

I have two dogs.

A chihuahua named Tony Stark, one and half years old. He's half short hair, half long hair, so he's a little scruffy.

And a mix female, chihuahua/papillon/pomeranian/a few others mentioned I can't remember, named Casey. I think she's 7 or about to turn 7. Also very fat. We got her spayed last year and she just ballooned. We've got her eating less and exercising more, but she hasn't lost even the slightest bit of weight as far as we can tell. Vet says she's healthy aside from being fat, though. I'm at a loss.

Tony Stark, that is brilliant. XD

Oh dear. Um. 5 dogs. Two Standard Schnauzers named Sophie(the DaVinci Code) and Marlee(I Am Legend), three miniature schnauzers named Ripley(Alien), Sullivan(Monster's Inc), and Tucker(Friar Tuck from Robin Hood). And a betta fish named Captain Barbossa(POTC).

Yeah, all of our animals are named from movies. I've done it as long as I can remember. We also used to have a cat named Xander Cage (XXX) and I've had several fish (Hellboy, Jasper, Abe, Davy Jones, Daston, Bootstrap Bill)

/longpost

My wife and I have two cats. Jackson, a black/brown/red mix (He's very very very dark brown, almost black to the eye - but in the light his fur shines a sort of red. It's very cool.) and he's older than dirt itself. We got Riker late last year, and he's a youngin' at only about 2, 3 years old... and he's a 'buff' colored orange tiger kitty.

--- Hey Sind. "Hairless" cats are usually considered very hypoallergenic as they don't have as much dander to worry about, and need regular baths to keep their skin healthy anyway. That might be something to ask about!

I've got a super cute tabby kitty named Kiwi. He's a little more than 2 years old now, and I've had him since he was 6 weeks old. He's super affectionate, and is always jumping up in my lap when I'm trying to work! He's a good cat though, and pretty big for his age and breed. Then again, he's from a rural family of cats, so that might explain the size. His paws are enormous, and when he smacks me with them when we're playing, I can really feel it! Because of how sweet and friendly he is, I let him sleep in my bed with me. Scandal! He loves to curl up under the covers. He's a good warming blanket!

I'd love to someday get a ferret. Or another cat. Something to keep Kiwi company when I'm not there! He's so good with other animals (Learned that through my old roommate who had a cat and a ferret) and I hate leaving him at home with nobody there to play with him and keep him company...

Yes, that has been suggested to me before

But it just isn't the same without the fur ;_;

If you're looking for a hypo-allergenic cat that still has fuzz, I suggest ragdolls! They've got a TON of thick fur, but there known as a hypo-allergenic cat! Most folks who are allergic to cats are actually allergic to a digestive protein found in cat saliva. The protein is deposited on the cat's fur when they groom themselves, hence cat allergy. Ragdolls produce a lot less of the protein, so people with allergies won't be affected as badly. Plus, ragdolls are the most AMAZING cats in the world. They're called ragdolls for a reason. They'll let you pick them up in any way and they just go limp from the attention! They're also ENORMOUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dc4ELSfQ5w

Back at the farm, there are...

Two Old English Sheepdogs named Madison and Tyler, they're both girls and always full of energy.

One gray-striped Shorthair cat named Monkey, he and Tyler are best buddies and wrestle sometimes.

There used to be a small white and orange kitten who would visit us sometimes who we called Missy, but she passed a few months ago.

Aaaand around 400 laying hens. We raise meat birds every year, but we don't get attached to them. Our hens on the other hand, have been with us for a while and as silly as it sounds we've sort of bonded with them. They have free rein of the yard during the day, but go back into their eggmobiles (mobile hoop-shaped coops) behind an electric fence at night, to keep them safe from coyotes.

Here's a picture of the girls from last summer that I happen to have handy:

sheepdogs.png

That's Tyler on the left, with the spot over her ear. :)

Here, I've got a few months old Golden Retriever called Oscar. He's a soppy, lovely boy. We also have a little mouse called Tiddly.

Back at my fathers, there are two Lhasa Ahpsos, Solo and Arnie. Solo is an old boy now, though Arnie is still quite a pup. Theres also three cats... Harry, an old long haired black cat who is the soppiest animal to ever to have lived. You could do anything to him and he'd just nuzzle you. Spicey is a tortoise shell and quite a typical one. And then Spot, "my" cat. Far too intelligent for his own good!

I have two eight-month-old kittens, a boy and a girl, named Jasper and Tilly. They're total scamps, obsessed with food and cuddling. Jasper love bites and trills constantly. Tilly is super tiny with a super loud purr and a squeak for a meow.

They can be really obnoxious when they want to walk all over my keyboard and bite my face to show they care, but they're sweet kitties who just want affection, constant obsessive attention, and "tuna with shrimp" wet food.

Oh, and Jasper plays fetch! My fiance's parents have nicknames for them: Smokey J and Tilly the Hun. :D

Two goggies - a big black and white one called Eryk (he is a wolfish mongrel) and a smaller one called Muffin (half terrier, half devil)

Two cats - Wild Thing (a big, fat fellow with lots of scars and the lovliest eyes ever) and Behemot (liquid darkness purring on your knees)

A tarantula spider as big as my hand (her name is Caroline)

Two hermann's tortoise (in the house for at least 16 years) called Zdzisław and Zdzisław.

And a rat Chibi. But he is in really bad shape, does not eat nor drink. He just pants and shifts in his cage. I think it's time to say goodbye to him and end his agony.

And we also have some fishies. I love the glass catfish. The rest is normal.

I have a sweet little French Lop named Piff. ; u; He's about seven years old, and has unfortunately gone blind. I got him from some local college students about three years ago. Apparently he went from student to student, and the last owner wanted him to be someplace with air conditioning (it can hit 100+ in summer here). I DID have another rabbit named Peanut, but he passed away last year. :C

I also have a cat, Ciara, who's pretty much my little furry baby. She's almost 3, and my boyfriend's dog Maggie lives with me. He was living with me for over a year, but went back to school, so Maggie stays here with me... She's kinda loving me more than him now, but shhh I never said that. > u> She's a Corgi/German Shepard mix. So she has the markings and the coat, and sort of the face of a German Shepard, but she has the body of a Corgi. xD Very silly little dog~

Oww, I can't imagine a dog blind :(

My dog is 6 years old, her name's Mizuky she's a Maltese (I believe that's what they're called in English) thankfully she's been always healthy and full of happyness, all in all I've had 3 dogs in all my life, which the first 2 ran away :/

Oww, I can't imagine a dog blind :P

My dog is 6 years old, her name's Mizuky she's a Maltese (I believe that's what they're called in English) thankfully she's been always healthy and full of happyness, all in all I've had 3 dogs in all my life, which the first 2 ran away :/

Actually Piff is a bunny, so he's adjusted pretty well to being blind. However, my old dog unfortunately did go blind in her old age... And she also went deaf, so it is pretty sad. :C

I love Maltese's <3 I think they're just adorable~ I'm sorry to hear you've had dogs run away. I used to live in the countryside, so over the years our cats would go missing. There aren't any real words for how awful that is. :/

Yeah, it feels awful, but they were not more than a year with us, so I wasn't that fond to them as I am with this one that has 6 years, I would die if something happened to her.

I completely know the feeling. My cat is an indoor cat because I 1) don't want to lose her and 2) there's lots of busy streets near me. She's actually gotten outside twice in the three years I've had her, and each time it gives me a heart attack and I'm always on the edge of having a breakdown until I find her. Luckily, she usually finds a spot against a wall and stays put until I find her. If anything did happen to her, I think I would pretty much die. :C She has no outdoor smarts whatsoever; I doubt she'd be okay for more than 24 hours~

We have three cats. Our family has a tradition of creating elaborate backstories for each pet, but I'll just give you guys the tl;dr versions.

Our first and oldest cat is Bear. He's 13, all black, half Pixie Bob, and tough as nails. He's lived through a venomous snake bite right to the face, staying out all night in an ice storm, and more. We characterize him as being voiced by Morgan Freeman and he is a scholarly civil rights activist.

Our second cat is Alexander Boris Nevsky, alias "Sasha". He's 5, solid steel grey, weighs 20 pounds, and is pure evil. Sasha is the living incarnation of destruction. He makes it a daily task to knock over everything in sight, tear up carpets, run his claw all over our furniture, and drag our clothing around the house like a dog would its favorite toy. Luckily, summer approaches so we can unleash his destructive tendencies on the outdoors so that he may thin the rodent population of our woods. Despite being huge and evil, Sasha is unable to meow anything more than a kitten like "mew".

Our final cat is Kabuki Berkowitz-Yoshimoto. He's also 5, orange with a few spots of white and streaks of darker orange, is 3/4ths fluff and only 1/4th cat, and is my precious princess baby adorable snowflake dumpling child. Kabuki and I are very attached to one another and spend most our days with each other. He is EXTREMELY vocal, meowing nonstop for a variety of reasons- because he wants food, because he wants to be held, because he wants to go outside, because he wants to lay on my desk, because he just wants to hear his beautiful voice. He loves to held and affection. Kabuki is also extremely gay, but of course I love my son no matter what. <3

I sadly have no pics of Bear and Sasha, so I'll just substitute with four glorious pictures of Kabuki:

http://i.imgur.com/HFD3d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RNRT0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B5yKZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VZUrn.jpg

That last pic is me and Kabuki napping on the couch. <3

We have three cats. Our family has a tradition of creating elaborate backstories for each pet, but I'll just give you guys the tl;dr versions...

... That last pic is me and Kabuki napping on the couch. <3

Your family tradtion = best family tradition.

I don't think I'd ever want to run into 'Sasha' on the streets. > A>

Also Kabuki is adorable. <3 So much fluff~

Well I have two dogs that live with my parents. Both Chow mixes but they're exact opposites of each other it's so cool. One is fluffy and the other isn't, one has long slender ears that stand up and the other doesn't. My fluffy cute machine I named Salem. My derp-a-saur's dog I named Comet. Salem was born on Halloween and Comet (you know Comet the reindeer and also cause she's fast like a comet) was born on the 23rd of December. Holiday puppies!!!

My roommates also have a cat we named Catten. Part cat part kitten. Catten. She lives with much but I hate her to death. She only like my friend who owns her and she views me as just a walking cat toy. Every attachment on me is a toy to her. My hair is a toy, my head phones are toys, my face is a toy. People constantly grab my hands and ask what's wrong with them. They're always surprised when I tell them it was my friends cat. My hands look like I have punched through glass. All I want to do is pet her T^T

And since I have my own place I'm thinking of getting ferrets. A dream I have. I already named one Conundrum. Don't have a a name for the other but I'm fully prepared for them when I get one!