Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

Aye aye!

Heh. That was really well done, Kirby.

Starburst, you've put just the right level of confusion, the unexpected, and the uknown into this scene. It's not too much, like a totally arbiatrary situtation or a sudden surreal mindtrap with no forewarning, but it's just enough to create a feeling of urgency and being on edge. Nicely done.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go along with being confused! But yeah, kudos for weird dreaming-scene!

Though for a moment, i was *really* confused, cause you said "She's here!" and then Bramble came in ... it took a moment before I realized it was Bramble speaking, not being spoken of. XD

Which hat?

Also, I'm penalizing you for meta-game knowledge Curtain call. :)

"Still keeping both blades close, he motioned to the chair that sat what apparently was wickedness incarnate."

Ironmane learned about what was in the chair through her paladin ability, and hasn't shared that information with anyone in the group yet. She alone knows the alignment of the things, although you might have some small idea of what the small slug was capable of, you have no idea what exists in the chair until you look.

Objection! Curtain's first target all along was the chair!

Whatever was here, they were paying much more attention to their studies than the backstabber slinking his way past the door and behind the chair. They were such a terrible design, he thought. No peripheral vision. He held position once in the world's best blind spot and played the waiting game for a little while longer, letting his senses take in as much as they could before he delivered what could be an alpha strike.

Saving himself from a mental attack from a creature eradicated by a Paladin's magic would make him paranoid about everything in the room!

Also this: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Triboniophorus_Tyrannus

I really like how we're working together as players and as characters--especially the latter, since it's clear we're still just a little rough on the teamwork, but have tremendous potential.

Also, my inner Ironmane is doing a happy little trotting dance--critical hits at dramatic moments are teh bestor for cool story!

And if I may speak on Kirby's behalf, it's possible that Ironmane's hilariously dramatic 'turning pages' line might have tipped him that something wicked that way sat. I of course abide by your wise decisions, O Mighty One.

Ah. Spellcasting ruined by failed concentration check. Also, we're waiting on Trilobite to post :)

Put simply, the horn power for 10 pounds of horse doesn't outweigh the clinginess of the rat. Horn telekenisis is about the equivalent of mage hand. So its like resisting someone grabbing you and pulling away, I rolled concentration versus the psionic rat, and you lost. Psion's can concentrate well, even psionic creatures.

Oops! I wasn't very clear, was I? Ironmane's action was to attempt to pull the rat off with her magic. I thought I would be posting my next action sometime after Curtain Call's attack resolved--I'll put up one right now (essentially holding an action until she sees the results). Please forgive me for being muddled. I has a tiny brains.

I have always been a fan of the tiny brain leech. They come in many flavors, in regards to what the host sees, if anything. My favorite has always been the kind that shows beauty, to make the host want to wear it. So it reads the mind, finds the heart's desire and then rides the hero around like a go-cart.

The Black Mercy, for instance.

Creatures like this are great flavor. Good show, Star.

Archived