Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then Bramble invited Curtain Call out to a lake to talk, beats him over the head with an oar, ties a rock to his legs and lets go.

Of course, Bramble being inexperienced at this sort of thing, Curtain wakes up a few minutes later with a blinding headache and a mouthful of sand, and wondering why Bramble tied only his rear legs to a giant boulder on the shore.

Discorded folks aren't alternate-reality opposites. They're twisted, bitterly, to reject what they believed in most, but their personalities are much similar. Rarity still cared about beauty, Pinkie Pie still laughed - but at others.

Curtain Call gives up on any idea of something better. Gives up on his parents, gives up on anyone. He's heartless, and all his intelligence is focused towards the next heist. He cares only about the self, and on making so many backup plans that no one can ever betray him again. Xanatos Gambits.

I think, yes, Discorded Ironmane would give up on the idea of morals and ethics - I've seen plenty enough in real life who did that. Bitterly reject everything because one thing didn't work with them. But I think her basic need to champion would persist ... she'd turn into the Punisher.

As for Bramble .. hrm. If you *did* want to go the grimdark path, he wouldn't be a murderer. He wouldn't kill other ponies. He'd just make himself taller than them, if you catch my drift. But as I'm not so fond of grimdark ... he'd just git bitter about every pony that was taller than him. His love of nature would turn into a reclusive hermitage as he avoided the tall ponies, and retreat to the forst to make monster-plants.

Discorded folks aren't alternate-reality opposites. They're twisted, bitterly, to reject what they believed in most, but their personalities are much similar. Rarity still cared about beauty, Pinkie Pie still laughed - but at others.

Curtain Call gives up on any idea of something better. Gives up on his parents, gives up on anyone. He's heartless, and all his intelligence is focused towards the next heist. He cares only about the self, and on making so many backup plans that no one can ever betray him again. Xanatos Gambits.

I think, yes, Discorded Ironmane would give up on the idea of morals and ethics - I've seen plenty enough in real life who did that. Bitterly reject everything because one thing didn't work with them. But I think her basic need to champion would persist ... she'd turn into the Punisher.

As for Bramble .. hrm. If you *did* want to go the grimdark path, he wouldn't be a murderer. He wouldn't kill other ponies. He'd just make himself taller than them, if you catch my drift. But as I'm not so fond of grimdark ... he'd just git bitter about every pony that was taller than him. His love of nature would turn into a reclusive hermitage as he avoided the tall ponies, and retreat to the forst to make monster-plants.

BRILLIANT

Heee! :D Our first musical episode! Hope that wasn't too much, but that song came into my head and I just had way too much fun changing it into a hymn of the Order. I cut there just to give Starburst a chance to take the reins again, but by no means should anyone take that as a must.

Ah, I have other lulz in mind. Like the lulz of Ironmane running into Bramble once he's coming out of the bedroom again, and seeing Curtain Call still asleep in Bramble's bed. Ahhh, now this is a really complicated web of misunderstandings forming an odd sort of romantic triangle!

Somehow, I think Curtain Call would prefer being woken up by a bucket of ice water followed by a hive of angry bees.

Ah, I have other lulz in mind. Like the lulz of Ironmane running into Bramble once he's coming out of the bedroom again, and seeing Curtain Call still asleep in Bramble's bed. Ahhh, now this is a really complicated web of misunderstandings forming an odd sort of romantic triangle!

Somehow, I think Curtain Call would prefer being woken up by a bucket of ice water followed by a hive of angry bees.

Three things about my post:

1. I am totally playing along. This will be priceless.
  2. That is mostly autobiographical. I really a fantastic mess when being woken up. Wife attests to that and has the sore ribs to prove it.
  3. There is a teaser in the post for a brief story I'm planning. Find it and you win a prize.

No idea.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I think. I've been told far too often about my own susceptibility to suggestion while asleep, holding whole conversations I don't remember, and a certain tendancy to sleepwalking. I've been told I RP'd a very surreal D&D game while asleep in the back seat of a car.

SLEEPOVER! I'll get the book!

Okay, so I'm totally going along with this too: You can set it up the visual however you want after Ironmane's entrance there.

Starburst, we thank you for your patience. I think your players will be getting back to the adventure soon, but this has totally be a lot of fun. I much prefer games that have opportunities for the characters to be people--or ponies--as well as confront dramatic problems. Thanks. Also, can the holy symbol of Princess Platinum be a tiara? Because I think that would be sweet.

I thought Kirby already designed the tiara-symbol of Princess Platinum! :)

And for some reason, my horrible mind went, "And of course a follower of Princess Platinum would see "Ooo, extra time, that means I can make myself look pretty!" Along side all the other, "Haha, she's *such* a Paladin."

I thought Kirby already designed the tiara-symbol of Princess Platinum! :)

And for some reason, my horrible mind went, "And of course a follower of Princess Platinum would see "Ooo, extra time, that means I can make myself look pretty!" Along side all the other, "Haha, she's *such* a Paladin."

Secret stash of hair care products!

SLEEPOVER! I'll get the book!

Okay, so I'm totally going along with this too: You can set it up the visual however you want after Ironmane's entrance there.

Starburst, we thank you for your patience. I think your players will be getting back to the adventure soon, but this has totally be a lot of fun. I much prefer games that have opportunities for the characters to be people--or ponies--as well as confront dramatic problems. Thanks. Also, can the holy symbol of Princess Platinum be a tiara? Because I think that would be sweet.

Sure. A holy symbol can be any symbol of your faith. The holy symbol of Princess Platinum's followers is a platinum Tiara and tons of hair care products with which to style one's mane.

Archived