Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curtain Call. I love that guy. The attempt to wake Bramble made me chuckle.

As for vacation, yes, pretty awesome. Had time off from work, loaded up on supplies, and just stayed in and did nothing for the whole three days of Christmas. After a very busy last few months, it was delightful.

*peeks in curiously* Well this looks like a promising thing! If there are still spots open I'd be happy to join with Razor here. Though judging from the length of this thread and the IC one I'd have some catching.up to do if I can join. If there's no room then no worries!

Alright, that's fine! As for what character I had in mind I'd be wanting to fill the fast melee fighter role, so something like a Melee Ranger, or 3.5's Scout class. Though this is Pathfinder so no Scout unfortunately (which sucks because I've used it before and its tons of fun), but I'm happy to look through the available classes and get something figured out! Long and short of it though, a nimble fighter who specializes in dealing damage, so yeah Melee Ranger or Rogue.

If there are any suggestions I'd love to hear! I plan on playing a Pegasus by the way.

Well at any point I could jump in that'd be fine! I'll stil be looking through classes, though I'll probably play something like a 'Switch Hitter' ranger, a ranger made to switch between ranged and melee fighting. Saw it in a guide and it looked pretty interesting, so, we'll see!

Okay. Now that I'm actually at the desk...

Yes, by all means, you're welcome to join in! As Bramble, our humble and gracious DM, we're at a sensitive part of the story at the moment. But that doesn't mean we can't start working on that character now! Spoilers: I love making characters. But anyway, no, there isn't a Scout class in Pathfinder BUT there are alternate class features in a bunch of supplementary books that could get an approximation of what you're looking for. OR we could, at Bramble's discretion, just import the class in, as "D&D 3.75" was designed to do so! But that's the mechanical bit. Let's talk flavor now! I'd love to hear what our new friend will be like.

Well glad to already get a warm reception! First of all this is what I love about this community, most everyone is nice as all heck.

And now onto the actual discussion! If we could import the scout class that'd be fun; I could imagine Razor here being better suited to dashing around the battle field, proccing Skirmish and being a general hit-and-run nuisance, as the Scout tends to do, or the Greatsword+Bow wielding Ranger "Switch Hitter", since in his actual rp canon he primarily uses a Greatsword as a weapon.

Personality wise, what you'll be expecting is a fun, light hearted pegasus who -LIVES- for adventure and discovery; having devoted about 6-8 years of his life to honing his exploration and combat skills. He's not the boastful kind of pony, but he's 'jovial' in a sense; he loves to travel with others and welcomes any challenge that comes his way. He's often the first one into a fight, but not in a sense he'll charge in blindly; he's a sharp one and knows when a situation has gone Hooves-Up, he's just a natural born fighter! In short, a pegasus adventurer/mercenary, a strong hearted fighter who loves what he does, and a pleasant travelling companion who loves to share the thrills of exploration.

That's Razor Wind in a nutshell!

Archived