Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is precisely why I did it! I had another set of gags planned (which I may still use later) just in case any proper nouns were dropped by Bramble. But they weren't. So until further notice, Curtains is going to have the time of his life stringing along the newest member of the string.

Get it?

A group of ponies is called a string.

*shave and a haircut two bits*

No?

Darn.

What we have here is a real opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how crazy I can make these posts. I mean, this was going to be an introspection on healing one's own misanthropic nature, but now I just hope you all like Huey Lewis and the News. I mean, I have some Penn and Teller gags planned now. I don't know how this happened.

*shave and a hair cut two bits*

Edit: Guys. I'm listening to Hip to be Square for not-serial-killer-related reasons. The lyrics match up to his rehabilitation. I REALLY don't know how this happened.

Taking a look at the Champion mythic.. alot of those abilities sound perfect for Raz.

Impossible Speed, Elemental Fury (would work well with the rage power variant), Fleet Charge, Aerial Assault..gonna keep learning about this!

NEar as I can tell, this is something that is brought about by the DM as a sort of "And now your true power is unlocked" kind of deal, or through some kind of gift from a higher power. Or heck it can just be retconned in! XD But yes as Bramble said; its almost like a second leveling system taht grants new abilities alongside your regular ones, but you still are leveling your class. Think of it as a "Class Promotion" as seen in old Strategy RPG games like Shining Force

I'm pretty sure I'm not quite old enough to remember Shining Force. My first console was the...

Sega Genesis!

Also, I should point out to Raz here about a minor creative flibbityjibbit. Sometimes, when TortoiseShell is bogged down with being a kitten nurse (no, really), I take over Tornado Ali for a turn or two. It helps that her computer is two and a half feet from mine. Also married. But anyway. That way, when you see me typing with blue dialog and it's not Curtain Call doing an impression, you get why. Such a time may be soon, depending on whether or not you guys need me to do so. She just took in *counts* 6 kittens and one mom. Who is the mom of 3/6 and nursing 4/6.

Yeah.

Also, Shining Force first came out on the Sega Genesis actually! It and Shining Force 2 both were. Though number 3 is my personal favorite, and it came out on the Sega Saturn, though sadly not too long before the system bit the dust. So because of that it didn't sell well in the US and we didn't get all 3 games or "Scenarios" that made up its entire story. If you get the chance I reccomend finding a way to play it, its awesome. I believe there was actually a fan made translation team that was translating the other two Scenarios onto English.

This is why I love roms. I get to actually look for these games. In the meanwhile, I get to lament the fact that I still think it's okay to make posts in the thread and not on a seperate program first. The good news is, this second draft is much better than what I originally wrote, so yeah. Also, Ali I play tends to be a little more hedonistic than the one TortoiseShell plays. I think I'm trying to play up the 'I Just Want To Be Normal' trope a little more, and that means the little pony wanting ice cream all the bloody time.

Oh yeah Roms work best for this. If you tried to track down not only a.working Sega Saturn but also the original version of the game (as cool as that would be) you'd probably be lucky of you could get it all for under 1000 bucks off eBay since only used copies remain now-a-days. I played all the way through scenarios 1 and 2 using the translation patch on their respective roms, and had yet to finish Scenario 3 before my laptop died and I lost all the files. :<

Also duly noted. XD will be getting a post up for Raz soon.

Archived