Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the amount of time its taking for some ponies to finish their characters.. I'm opening submissions again for anyone interested who can get me a fully created character within the next day or so. I'm interested in getting it started and I hate to keep other ponies who have already put the time into their characters waiting. Everything you need to know about the setting or the character creation process can be found on the first post in this topic. Including stats, starting gold, hit dice, etc.

Money spent, and hoarded. I cry when I see the prices of Invisibility Rings.

Two Masterwork Armblades. 630 CG

Masterwork Chain Shirt 250 CG

Caltrops (10) 10 CG

Masterwork Thieves Tools 100 CG

Disguise Kit 50 CG

Climber's Kit 80 CG

Actually owning Masterwork things: Priceless. Oh, and I suddenly imagine somepony in this work actually named "Masterwork". He's the guy smithing all the good stuff and it's just named after him.

And finally. Grey mane. Lime green eyes. Violet mane and tale, curly and cut short.

And yes, this took a while. I was buying a house and moving into it. I posted in that planned abscense thread. I'm eager to start this too!

Money spent, and hoarded. I cry when I see the prices of Invisibility Rings.

Caltrops (10) 10 CG

Disguise Kit 50 CG

Climber's Kit 80 CG

Actually owning Masterwork things: Priceless. Oh, and I suddenly imagine somepony in this work actually named "Masterwork". He's the guy smithing all the good stuff and it's just named after him.

And finally. Grey mane. Lime green eyes. Violet mane and tale, curly and cut short.

And yes, this took a while. I was buying a house and moving into it. I posted in that planned abscense thread. I'm eager to start this too!

That's all fine and dandy, but I still don't see where you've distibuted your stats or listed your skill points, formatted your sheet or added your inventory to it. I need something similar to the sheets at the bottom of the first post behind the spoiler text to reference.

I've started writing the opening post for the game. If your sheet isn't posted on the first post in this topic, you need to reformat it and post everything to post in the new topic once I've added it to the Gaming subforum. The post will be called "Ponies and dragons - Insert campaign name here" when its complete.

Name: Curtain Call

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: A dull grey

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Violet mane.

Eye Color: Lime green

Cutie Mark: Comedy (white) and Tragedy (black) masks.

Physique: Slightly thin. A runner's build. A below average height.

Origin: His family never called one place home except the wagon stage they

shacked in for the night.

Roleplay Type: Ponies & Dragons!

Motivation: Trolling. Buying back his parents' freedom. But mostly trolling.

Likes: (optional) "The looks on their faces!". Puns. Good cider. Oh, and hats.

Dislikes: (optional) The hurmorless. High horses. Friendly competition. If

he's not winning, he's not cheating hard enough.

Character Summary: Curtain Call is good at lying. From the little ones, like "You have a spot on your shirt",

to "No officer, my parents are good and upstanding citizens! Just harmless street

performers them!". Spinning a good yarn just comes natural. Ma and Pa, good and upstanding

citizens that they were, decided to nuture these gifts the only way they knew how:

by putting him to work at their little traveling variety show in which audience

members had their pockets picked clean of anything and everything shiny and valuable.

Ma and Pa explained that they were doing those ignorant pony-folk a favor. Anypony

who let their precious collectables be lifted so easily deserved to lose them. And

next time, well, they would be that much wiser. Spreading wisdom and common sense,

that's what mom and pop did. And lined their own pockets for their trouble. Did little

Curtain Call like it? "I guess". No real choice in the matter. And despite being

constantly on the move (on the run) in that little stagecoach, he had a good life.

The three always ate together. Slept together. Shared jokes and sang songs around the

campfire together. Often times, more than one of them would wake up in the morning,

put on their silly costume hats and end up with a face full of sneezing powder. Ma

and Pa, despite being money-grubbing little weasels, loved their son. And he loved

them.

They're cornered one day.

The day starts out fine. There's juggling and puppets and bad puns galore and Curtain

Call sticking his hooves into the napsacks of the unwitting. But a problem arises, when

unwitting napsack du jour belongs to a member of the local thieves guild. Never lie to

a liar, Curtain Call learns quickly, and the whole family is now in deep manure. Oh,

Ma and Pa are no strangers to adventure and they did indeed teach little Curtains a

thing or two about stabbing the unfriendly, but alas. Ma and Pa and Curtain Call are

taken before the big boss Stallion whose first order of business is to toss the eldest

two captees into a holding cell and the youngest into the dirt.

"Want to see your folks again, foal? Thought so. I guess you work for us now. I better

start seeing the bits roll in, and quick. Now get out of here before these two get the

business end of a rusty shiv."

Curtain Call is alone now, for the first time. Travelling with Ma and Pa lent no time

for friends. There was no more family to call. To tattle to local authorities would both

risk his parents' life and probably put himself in trouble, what with the thievery and all.

So it's back to what he's good at. There's a problem though. His treasure has been

taken from him and now taking treasures from others leaves a bad taste in his mouth

he just can't put his hoof on.

Despite reluctance, Curtain Call is a big earner. He wins every big score and pockets

every bit, giving absolutely everything to the Guild, often leaving himself going to

bed hungry. But it's worth it, he tells himself before sleep. He loves his parents, and

they're counting on him.

This is what he tells himself every day now, since one day, bringing in his latest sack

of loot, he overhears his parents. They're not crying for help, or crying in anguish.

In fact, they're laughing and making merry with their captor. The plan is working better

than they could have dreamed, they say. The dept they owed has been paid off ages ago but

profits have through the roof. Best to let the idiot keep working for a while longer.

He's alone again, having skipped town completely. He continues to steal for a living.

He tells himself that his parents love him, that the money is for them. Curtain Call is

good at lying.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Deity: Discord

Class: Rogue 4

STR: 09 -1

DEX: 16 +3

CON: 10 +0

INT: 13 +1

WIS: 12 +1

CHA: 12 +1

HP: 32

AC: 9=5(Armor Bonus)+1(Shield Bonus)+3(Dex)

DR: 0/ +0

SPELL RESIST: 0

SPEED: 40

INIT: +3

Fort Save.....1=1(Base)+0(Con)

Reflex Save...7=4(Base)+3(Dex)

Will Save.....2=1(Base)+1(Wis)

Base Attack Bonus 3

Acrobatics 4...........(Dex)+3=7

Bluff 4................(Cha)+1 (+2 from Cutie Mark)=7

Climb 4................(Str)-1=3

Disable Device 4.......(Dex)+3=7

Disguise 4.............(Cha)+1=5

Perception 4...........(Wis)+1=5

Escape Artist 4........(Dex)+3=7

Slight of Hand 4.......(Dex)+3=7

Stealth 4..............(Dex)+3=7

Diplomacy 4............(Cha)+1=5

ABILITIES:

Cutie Mark: +2 to Skill check: Bluff

Rogue Talent: Fast Stealth

Rogue Talent: Two Weapon Defense

Trapfinding

Evasion

Sneak Attack +2D6

Trap Sense

Uncanny Dodge

FEATS:

Dodge

Weapon Finesse

Two Weapon Fighting

SPELLS:

GEAR

Caltrops (10) 10 CG

Disguise Kit 50 CG

Climber's Kit 80 CG

Starburst -

You told me this morning that you'd started the post for ponies and dragons, but I can't find it anywhere. Perhaps you should add it to the first post of this thread so other ponies can find it, and don't forget that we have a third character finished, I believe?

*EDIT*

Ohhhh, it's in the gaming forum! I was expecting it to be in one of the free roleplay forums.

This is the link, everypony. It has begun!

• 2 weeks later...

Starburst - I realized I forgot to grab 'carpentry' so that Bramble can maintain his wagon and work with wood. If it's all right with you, I'd like to take one skill point from Handle Animal and put it into Craft(Carpentry) instead. As such:

Craft(Alchemist)* 1.....(INT)+2 +3 +1.......+6

Craft(Carpentry)* 1.....(INT)+2 +3 +1.......+6

Handle Animal* 2........(CHA)+3 +3 +2.......+8

Also, here's my inventory:

===== ===== =====

Masterwork Saddlebags (50 gp)

===== ===== =====

Butterfly Net ( 5 gp )

Bottle x10 ( 2 gp )

Scroll Case ( 1 )

Candles x10 ( 10 bits )

Chalk x5 ( 5 bits )