Ponies & Dragons

Starburst

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thrill of the moment, of life on the edge, of using every wile at your disposal to face the greatest challenges! In real life these people are lunatics, but it makes a good motivation for an adventurer. Just my two bits.

And perhaps you know one of the other characters? I often find that a good way to not only get someone into the group, but to keep them nicely integrated.

Hrmmm.... Well, if you want ... Bramble's sire is a gunslinger out west, and Bramble is an alchemist of sorts (though not as good as she is, of course. ) You can have her know Bramble and his sire, if you want. Heck, you could have her trained by his sire, perhaps - we could work together on that. His sire is a real cowpony type - rugged, stubbled chin, stetson, sarape ... white-hat sort, trotting into town, taking care of bandits, then galloping off into the sunset...

Not that Bramble necissarily would be all that confident about having her as part of the group. Depending on how you want to flesh out your character type, he could kinda sweatdrop a bit, and go, "ummm... I ... wouldn't want to ... bother your research into ... explosions ... perhaps there's another alchemist that could help us? With less explosions?" He might have bad memories of the time she tried to whip something up in his cart and it ... kinda blew it up ...

Bramble having Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? I'm for it.

Aside from that, knowing Bramble as a filly (yeah, I said it!) brings to question our new friend's age and where she's been from then to now. A quiet engineering job? Demolition on a mountain range? Keeping peace in the Badlands?

Let's see... average pony weight is approx. 275 pounds. Now, Ironmane is a biggun, so let's tack on an extra 25 to be safe. Full plate armor for a medium sized creature is worth 50 pounds. Those hoofgaurds are probably 10 pounds each and there's four of them.

Yep. I died on impact.

So here's a weird question. An I still holding the RP ball or is there enough stage set? Because I could keep going.

Here's another weird question. Anyone else plan out their level 5 yet? :D

It will probably be you until you meet back up with bramble and ironmane.. Unless you throw a "Meanwhile..." for them to go on.

Actually... I thought it was Starburst's time to set the stage. Unless you need me to set the stage... <.< >.> After all, it is my mom's place we're all meeting at.

Nothing for our DM to do until the players (that's us) share info and decide what to do next. Only then can Starburst once again try to kill us. In the meantime, yeah, set up Mom's place and assume Curtains made it there fashionably late.

*laughs* Yeah, well, lots of things can also kill Brable when he's awake, too. He'd be rather seriously hurt by Ironmane tripping and falling on him. Bramble's not a very tough pony. But that's one reason Thorn Blossom stays around. She's worried about her strange little pony who never seems to grow up.

I'm planning on waiting to see what Ironmane's response is to Bramble's critical failure of embarassment, then I'll get Bramble up front where Curtain Call is arriving. and we'll all be together again!

Archived