[Ponyville] Firework Shoppe [Open to everypony]

Tornadopelt

"...Flares? Check... Mortars and shells? Check... Firecrackers? Check. Well, that's it for tonight. Not many ponies stopped by to buy anythig from me. I guess it's time to celebrate my spare time!" A yellow-ochre pegasus pony with a dark grey mane, blue eyes, and a mushroom cloud cutie mark had just finished taking inventory of the fireworks he had. Sales of fireworks at the Firework Shoppe were getting low. "Although right now, I just want to take some time to get away from here for a while, and see what's up." The pegasus packed up some games and a snack pack consisting of a hay-and-daffodill sandwich, some hay fries, and a juicebox. If anything, today was just another ordinary low-business day. And so he set off, on a quest to find new friends to hang with, when he bumped into somepony else.

Thunderflash had had a busy a day that day. It seemed that there was more to do than the weather pony had expected. His shift was finally over though, and that's what mattered. Any longer, and Thunder might have just gone nuts. He came for a speedy landing in Ponyville, since he was due for a vacation anyways. He tried to mix things up, rather than stay cooped up in Canterlot all the time. Of course, he had a few other reasons that he wanted to visit, but those were for him to know only. He wasn't entirely sure what to do though, since he had only been to Ponyville a few times. His eyes went from the various places, his mind working out on which places to go. The Library? No, to boring. Sugarcube Corner? Nah, he was there his last visit. He sighed, almost deciding that perhaps a stop in the Sugarcube Corner wasn't so bad, when he noticed something he hadn't seen during his last few trips. The Firework Shoppe. It looked like it could be neat to look around in. After all, how many times do you get to check out fireworks?

Thunder trotted over to the store, stopping short at the door. It must be closed at this hour of the night. That brought his mood down a bit, but he would make sure to check it out when it was open. Before Thunder could turn to leave, he felt another bump into him. He gave a small, "Oof" as he was shoved back a bit. Thunder quickly turned to the other, noticing right away that it he was a pegasus. "Woah, hey, sorry 'bout that. I was spaced out and didn't see you coming. You all right?" he asked, turning to the pegasus that had bumped into him.

"Yup, I'm fine," Thunder Storm said with a smile. "How's it going?" he asked casually, looking at the pegasus pony in front of him. "As for me, business here's been kindfa slow. Few ponies see what I have, but you have to take the good with the bad, right? Anyway, my name's Thunder Storm, and I own the Firework Shoppe."

Thunder nodded. "Pretty good. Just got done with my shift, so I'm taking a short trip to Ponyville." he answered. Thunder listened to the other pegasus pony, and nodded in agreement. "I see what ya mean." Thunder held out a hoof to shake. "Name's Thunderflash. Nice to meet'cha. So you're the one in charge of the Fireworks Shoppe? That's gotta be pretty fun atleast, what with all the fireworks. I can't remember the last time I saw some." he said with a sort of distant look, remembering the times he'd seen fireworks explode in the sky. After he snapped out of that, he looked back to the other pegasus. "So you're not a weather pony? I don't think I've met any pegasai that aren't in a long time."

"No, but I like to sometimes go storm chasing with my pa. Ma tought me how to make these fireworks that I have. So, here I am, with a *cough* slightly *cough* successful business. Anyway, I've been looking for some ponies to make friends with... seeing that life's kinda slow at the Shoppe, but being that you came here, what would you like here?" Thunder Storm asked.

"Storm chasing, eh?" he mused, slightly intrigued. However he was distracted from that thought when the other mentioned making friends. Thunder was always up for that. "Well you found the right pony! I love makin' friends." he assured. At the offer of fireworks, he rubbed his chin with a hoof, thinking over it. "Well, what kind of fireworks d'you got?" he asked. Thunder wasn't the most well versed in terms of firework types.

Thunder Storm looked at Thunderflash, raising an eyebrow. "What kind of--BAHAHAHAHA!" The yellowish pegasus fell off of his hooves, rolling around in laughter. After he was done laughing, he started to describe the types. "I have girandolas, shells and tubes, flares, sparklers... you name it, I've got it! And I hoof-craft all of them, making sure they work the way they're supposed to."

Thunder looked around a bit, unsure of what was so funny. He gave a few nervous laughs, so as to not sound out of place. However Storm started naming the various different types of fireworks, and only really recognized a few. Flares and sparklers were the ones he knew, but the rest seemed sort of...dangerous. "W-well...which would you recommend?" he asked, letting it fall to Storm's decision. Thunder's brow rose a bit when Storm said he hoof-crafted them all. "Wow, all by yourself? That's pretty cool. Is that your special talent or something?" he asked, still pretty impressed.

The two Pegasi snuck into Sugarcube Corner, where Pinkie Pie was currently finding ingredients for her latest cupcakes. "Now follow me and be quiet!" Thunder Storm whispered. Carefully putting all the smoke stuff into Pinkie's oven, he filled the bottom rack with them. Storm knew that Pinkie put her stuff usually on the top rack. "OK, we're good to go!" Storm whispered. "The second step is Ding-Dong Ditch!" Opening SCC's door quick enough for the bell to ring, Thunder Storm put the next phase of his prank into acton.

Thunder followed closely behind Storm, moving silently as Pinkie Pie was busy. It was brilliant he had to admit, putting the smoke bombs in the oven. He figured that as soon as Pinkie would open the oven, smoke would go everywehere! He snickered to himself at the thought, and followed Storm along. The bell went off, and he kept close to watch the action unfold. The only thing that concerned Thunder was that this was Pinkie Pie they were pranking. They were likely to be pranked back one day, but that bridge would be crossed when they got there.

Pinkie Pie turned on the oven after placing her cupcakes in it. After 5 minutes, Storm looked at the stove and noticed a thin stream of smoke coming out of it. "Here it comes," Storm said to Flash. Pinkie Pie's smoke detector went off, alarming her of danger. She checked every appliance in the bakery, deducing it to be the oven. "Go time!" Thunder Storm said. When Pinkie Pie opened the oven, out came enough smoke to fill a small kitchen full. She screamed and desperately tried to put out the "fire" in the oven with a hose to no avail. After 1 minute of the smoking, it was clear that the prank was successful.

Thunder listened as the smoke detector went off, and soon the sounds of Pinkie desprately trying to put out the 'fire' were heard. He peeked to watch the party pony scramble to put it out, and could tell the prank worked as planned. Thunder's snickers started to slowly escape him, until he was on the ground. He rolled around on his sides, laughing at the sight. "Pffff-Aahaha! THat was proceless!" he said between laughs. His wings flapped a bit as he stood back up, wiping a tear from his face. "Oh man, that was priceless. Hey hey, we should totally get someone else! Who else can we prank?" he asked, hoping that the fun wouldn't end yet.

"Hey, I know... Rainbow Dash!" Thunder Storm said. Later, at Rainbow's house (upon invitation, due to hearing about a REALLY good prank), Thunder Storm turned on RD's TV. Luckily for him, the TV had a DVR and was showing "Nightmare Moon's Hit Ponies." And Thunder Storm brought a bunch of firecrackers. He put them in a pan as the good part came on. "Time for the Pizza!" Rainbow commented. Thunder Storm put a piece of paper on the front door, reading "Back door, please." The Pizza Pegasus knocked on the door. "Who is it?" the guy on the show asked. "Pegasus Pizza, sir. I have your pizza!" Flash snickered when he saw what Storm was intending to do. Thunder Storm played the clip, and the TV guy said, "Leave it on the doorstep and get the hell outta here." "Ok," the Pegasus Pizza pony responded, "but what about the money?" "What money?" "Well, youi have to pay for your pizza, sir." "That a fact? How much do I owe ya?" The guy on the TV said. "Um... that'd be 12 bits, sir." Thunder Storm fished out 15, and handed it out the door to the pizza guy. "Keep the change, ya filthy animal." The pegasus pizza pony looked at the door and said, "Cheapskate." "Hey!" the TV guy said, "I'm gonna give you to the count of 10 to get your ugly, yella, no-good kiester off my property, before I pump your guts full o' lead! 1, 2, 10!" At that moment, the yellow-ochre pegasus pony lit the quick-match, and the firecrackers went off right as the lead guy on "Nightmare Moon's Hit Ponies" fired his AK-47, laughing maniacally! The Pegasus Pizza pony tripped over a trash can and flew off as fast as he could!

Thunder snorted and snickered as the pizza pony went around the back door. This was gonna be a great prank! As the prank unfolded, he felt like he had seen it somewhere else before. However, the hilarity was too much, as he doubled over from laughter. The pizza pony took off, and Thunder was smacking a hoof off the fluffy white ground. "Ahahahaha! That was AMAZING!" he cried out. "I think my sides are gonna burst! Gahaha!" When Thunder finally managed to stop laughing, he stood up again and breathed. "Hoo....man, that was great. Who knew fireworks could work as pranks so amazingly? I'm gonna hafta pick up some fireworks before I go!" he said as he started calming down. "Oh! OH! I gotta great idea! Do you have any of those little pop-rocks?" he asked, the inner cogs turning in his brain.

Thunderflash took the snapdragons with a scheming grin. He chuckled to himself before looking down back at Ponyville, specifically at the Apple Farm. He gave a motion for Storm to follow along, and soon Thunder took off, taking the lead as he flew to an overhead cloud. Below, Applejack was doing the usual: bucking trees. She seemed unaware of their presence for the moment. "Alrighty. Wait here, and watch the brilliance!" he said in a hushed voiced. Dismounting the clud they were on, he quietly landed behind the tree Applejack was about to buck. He peeked around, tipping her bucket of apples over and then resuming his hiding.

"Well shoot. Now ah gotta pick all these here apples up..." she mumbled, turning around to pick up the fallen produce.

Thunder quickly began to spread the snapdragons around the tree and spacing them out. Once they were in place, he darted back up to the cloud with a black and yellow blur behind him. He looked to Storm with a grin. "Now just gimmie a sec to get this cloud nice and frazzled..." he mumbled, shaking the cloud until it began to turn a dark gray. "Aaaaand...KA-POW!" he shouted, giving the thundercloud a good stomp. With a crack, a single lightning bolt struck one of the snapdragons, setting it off. After that, it was like a chain reaction! All the snapdragons began to pop and crackle, and scaring Applejack enough to make her jump up in the tree! Thunder was doing his best to keep his outbursts of laughter at bay, though it was obvious it wasn't working very well.

"HEY, APPLEJACK! HAHAHAHA!" Thunder Storm shouted, rolling on the ground. "I think my sides are going to split!" he shouted, pointing to Applejack, who was still in the tree. "I've heard of cats getting treed, but PONIES?! HAHAHA!" After Thunder Storm regained his composure, he looked up at Applejack, who was very much ticked at not only having her produce ruined, but getting the horseapples scared out of her as well. She gave both Thunder Storm and Thunder Flash an annoyed sigh.

Thunderflash waited until his laughing died down, before looking to up at Applejack. "Pfft...S-Sorry Applejack...C'mon, you gotta admit, we got ya pretty good." he said. As his giggles subsided, he took a moment to catch his breath. "Besides, You're not the only pony we've gotten! Pinkie Pie was our first victim, so don't think we're picking on you." After that, he looked back at Storm. "Speaking of which, let's head down to Sugarcube Corner. All this pranking's made me hungry, and we can see how that first prank's going." he suggested, open to any other ideas Storm may also have.

Thunder nodded, and followed after Storm. Just the thought of seeing Pinkie's reaction when they got there would be worth it. They'd have to play it off like they had no idea what happened, or atleast he was. "Just imagine the look on her face by now, eh? This is gonna be great!" he said with a surpressed chuckle.