[Manehattan]And what, really, is Fashion?

Lilia

Cosmopolitan grumbled as she looked about her office for the article that she was supposed to have two hours ago. The pink Unicorn was looking increasingly cross as she lifted the last of the debris away from her desk to reveal an immaculate room as everything was sent to precisely where it belonged. She shook her head, lime-green mane flying in minor disgust with the writer. A deadline was just that-a deadline! She stormed out, her blue eyes almost ice-chips as she began a fast walk to the exit. She paused by her lead designer's office, smiling tensely as she spied the mare hard at work.

"Well, at least we know you're doing your very best, Wish. If you see our new writer before I get back, please inform her that her deadline is over two hours past and that I'd like to see her in my office. I'm going to see what scarves are in the nearest store...maybe that will keep me from firing a skilled talent..." She muttered, relieved when the designer waved her off with a hoof in both acknowledgement and farewell. She left her building, the size and noise of Manehattan pervading her senses before she gave a sigh of relief. Shopping. She needed to buy a new scarf, for sure. But what, really, was fashionable to wear for such a powerful young Mare?

After a half-hour of searching the stores, she squealed. There it was...her new hot item. The scarf itself was very simple, a two-tone that could only look right when worn in a certain way. She chuckled as she twisted it around her neck, the light and dark blue contrasting her pink pelt nicely. The price-tag winked from a loose end, her eyes widening in surprise. It had to be on sale! If this was a sign, by Celestia, she would follow it! But what could go wrong now?